Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Single Candle + Candle Holders

by plasticbox Posted 27th Jun 2015 at 5:38 PM - Updated 17th Feb 2016 at 7:17 PM by plasticbox

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 6:39 PM
Default Many Thanks
They are beautiful , beautiful colors , I love your work, thank you for everything you do for us
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 7:01 PM
This is Brilliant!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 7:04 PM
Love it. The wall sconce especially. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 8:27 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed this, theres no old fashioned wall light in game, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 9:20 PM
Love them :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 2:11 PM
Great idea and thanks for all your hard work in making this game much more playable and enjoyable
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 8:32 PM
Hello, i just love this!! THANKS
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 11:21 PM
nothing else to say as everyone else has sentimented (ok not really a word but close enough to sentiment) my thoughts already...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 5:22 PM
Thanks so much! These and the three standing, functional candles make it so much easier to do believable historical settings.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 10:25 PM
ohhh nice, i love candles!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:24 PM
This is just what I needed! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 1:47 PM
Perfect for a candle romantic dinner
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 9:31 PM
These are beautiful. Thank you. I think they should add environment 1.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 12:06 PM
Just an FYI, as of 10/15/15 the single candles cannot be placed in game. When attempting to place them a "script call failed" error is occurring. Might want to look into that. Could be a recent patch, or stuff pack that is conflicting with the candle.

Have fun !
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 10:12 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 15th Oct 2015 at 11:13 PM.
Do you have the stuff pack that is required for these? Before you say "yes", check that you *actually* still have it installed. Wouldn't be the first time Origin decides to uninstall this when you fiddle with your setup.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 5:31 AM
Hi there! Just wanted to report something I've noticed: if I place the single candle and light it, then move it in Build mode while it's lit, it stops emitting light but still appears to have a flame on the wick. But at that point I'm unable to click and "extinguish," and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it to actually emit light again. I have to delete it and buy another. This doesn't happen with the other candles whose interactions are those of the regular lights (turn on, change intensity, etc.).

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 11:00 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 16th Feb 2016 at 11:29 AM.
Is this while the game is still paused? That I've seen as well; it takes a sec for the effects to update (in Play mode, i.e. when the game is unpaused).

If not, do you have that issue with the ceiling candleholder too? And with the Maxis holiday candles?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 7:56 PM
Should have mentioned that I actually did test the Maxis holiday candles; I don't have this issue with either of them. Not sure which ceiling candle holder you mention though? I'm using the wall-mounted candle holder in this post, although this thing happens when the candle is just sitting on the ground as well.

And no, it's not just while the game is paused. The little flickering animation does take half a sec to start up again, as you said, but if I move this candle while it's lit then it actually stops emitting light when I go back to Live mode—that is, the area around it is totally dark, but the flickering animation still appears on the candle. I left it for about a Sim day and the light didn't come back, and because it loses the "extinguish" option as well it seems I have to just re-buy it.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 8:49 PM
Yeah the "Light Candle" thing checks for the state, it's not available when the game thinks the candle is already lit. Seems like the light emission and the effects go out of sync somehow -- I was asking abut the ceiling light (this one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571621 ) because I tested with that recently, and for me it seemed to work (also when going to build mode and back). I'll check if I can find anything that has changed in the meantime; the candles in this post are from a much earlier game version after all. If you can let me know if you are seeing the same issue with the ceiling light too, that would be very helpful! =)

Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 9:48 PM
Ok, just tested that ceiling light: if I move it when lit, the same thing happens (flame flickering, but no actual light emitted). But when I click on it I get the "light all candles" interaction, and selecting that makes the actual light come back.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 4:21 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 17th Feb 2016 at 7:18 PM.
I'm not sure if I can avoid it becoming unlit in Build mode (IIRC for that I would ahve to add back the states that are responsible for the Holiday Cheer buff, which I removed on purpose). But here is a package with the tuning updated from the ceiling light, it should work the same as that one now. I haven't had a chance to test yet, I'll update as soon as I do, but you could already have a look as well =)

Thanks for your feedback!

(Attachment removed -- is now in first post)

Field Researcher
#23 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 6:18 PM
Meh, it's no big deal at all that it's unlit in Build mode if you ask me. Looks like this one is working though; thanks! I moved a lit candle and the light came back immediately after switching back to Live mode.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 7:18 PM
Thank you! I updated the main post now. =)

Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 11:10 PM
I Believe the latest patch may have broken the candles. It seems that I can light them, but cannot extinguish them (no interactions, permanently lit).
If I remember correctly, they worked fine after the nanny patch, so something must have changed in that last quick update that came shortly after.

Thanks.