Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:16 PM
Wear sandals that fit and you won't have that problem, Andy! Socks obviate the whole point of sandals, which is to let your feet breathe when it's hot.

I do have a lot of Cat of Evil Genius's stuff, but when I go to dress an elder male there's still so little to choose from! Including things they should have had all along, like tuxes. A lot of what I've got are just recolors of the the same handful of meshes over and over. The old men of Drama Acres wear a lot of Guayabera shirts.

Teens have a stuff pack to themselves; elders don't, and they should. With retirement clothes, and business clothes, and deliberately-embarrassing-your-kids clothes, and shuffleboard, and a variety of male-pattern-baldness hairs, and bifocals galore, and some new interactions, like Brag About Grandchildren.

None of which is saying that teen boys don't need more stuff made for them!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:20 PM
I'm a teenage male and the clothes from Teen Style Stuff/base game are good enough for me. They're pretty much stuff I'd wear (and I don't live in 2006). Though the more clothes, the merrier!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:31 PM
Andrew, those must have been very badly fitting sandals. As Peni said the whole point is to let the air circulate, and if you wear socks it defeats the purpose. May as well wear shoes.

You wear socks with sandals bobyoud?

My son isn't a teenager yet, he's ten, but his favourite footwear are his croc clogs. Perhaps you should try some Andrew.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#29 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Andrew, those must have been very badly fitting sandals. As Peni said the whole point is to let the air circulate, and if you wear socks it defeats the purpose. May as well wear shoes.

You wear socks with sandals bobyoud?

My son isn't a teenager yet, he's ten, but his favourite footwear are his croc clogs. Perhaps you should try some Andrew.

Ew, definitely not! I avoid outfits with sandals. I only use the ones with shoes. I even got a default replacement which switches socks and sandals with regular shoes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:48 PM
Lol good, but I can never be sure what with the internet being global, could be teens in other countries do! Those are the kinds of Maxis clothes which we are saying are either/or hideous/unrealistic.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 2:23 PM
I have downloaded the snot out of All About Style and Cat of evil genius, so my elders are well taken care of.
I wish Cat or fakepeeps or someone would take pity on those boys and do a whole slew of clothing for them in bright colors and patterns.

Other great sources for EM clothes: dustfinger, tamo and cocomama here on MTS. Do a search by user.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#32 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Look up CatOfEvilGenius' stuff. You will have so much elder stuff you don't know what to do with it. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=685127

Have a lot of Cat's stuff Yet she also favours the elder female. My problem is the elder male only. Long time since anyone had made something new for them.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
I have downloaded the snot out of All About Style and Cat of evil genius, so my elders are well taken care of.
I wish Cat or fakepeeps or someone would take pity on those boys and do a whole slew of clothing for them in bright colors and patterns.

Other great sources for EM clothes: dustfinger, tamo and cocomama here on MTS. Do a search by user.

Done that, Have most of them.Yet it is still a long time since anybody made anything new for them! (elder males, elder females are fine).
In the same way I could point you to teen male stuff by Krehata (male stuff also converted for teens under other collections)
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=372456
and here:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=374213
and here by Kaylyn 06
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=234037
Mad Poster
#34 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:21 PM
Also, many of the clothes for elder males are default replacements - that keeps the wardrobe's size the same.
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:26 PM
Thanks, Justpetro. Unfortunately those are mostly photoskinned, which is what I am trying to avoid. :/

Mad Poster
#36 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:33 PM
Those Kaylynn separates also have no fatmorphs, and their fit states are too manlike - broad in the shoulder and slender in the waist where teen boys who don't spend too much time in the gym are straight up-and-down. That's no more acceptable than a teen girl with a womanlike figure would be. I want my teens to look like teens!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#37 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:39 PM
Agree with Peni. Elders all look as if there is only one small shop for them - and I don't want to stuff them into leather or vinyl either! I just want them to look nice and not all the same. I have to admit that I quite like the TSS clothing too
Look, I will not say no to more teen male clothing. It is just that I really need more stuff for elder males - my hoods are big and I do not want every second elder male to have the same casual wear. Or the same formal suit. Or the same athletic wear.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:40 PM
As for @AndrewGloria - are you comfy in those sandals - are they nice to wear? Because, imo, that is all that counts
Mad Poster
#39 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Wear sandals that fit and you won't have that problem, Andy! Socks obviate the whole point of sandals, which is to let your feet breathe when it's hot.

I do have a lot of Cat of Evil Genius's stuff, but when I go to dress an elder male there's still so little to choose from! Including things they should have had all along, like tuxes. A lot of what I've got are just recolors of the the same handful of meshes over and over. The old men of Drama Acres wear a lot of Guayabera shirts.

Teens have a stuff pack to themselves; elders don't, and they should. With retirement clothes, and business clothes, and deliberately-embarrassing-your-kids clothes, and shuffleboard, and a variety of male-pattern-baldness hairs, and bifocals galore, and some new interactions, like Brag About Grandchildren.

None of which is saying that teen boys don't need more stuff made for them!

Brag about Grandchildren - I love that
Field Researcher
#40 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 4:56 PM
I don't care much for the elders in my game (I know, I'm horrible) but I have to say Apartment Life and Seasons' outfits for them are really cute. I do wish Pets came with CAS items for sims, I feel like they wasted an EP with that. I would have loved more clothes, but at least CC exists. Oh well.

I find myself mostly taking care of children, female teen and adult sims in terms of clothing. I only have a few adult-to-teen conversions for teen males and some individual shirts/pants. I wish I knew how to convert stuff, TS3 has lots of awesome clothes for males (IMO). Does anyone know of a simple (or not so simple) tutorial for a noob like me?
Field Researcher
#41 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

Oh yes interactions! Sweet ones, funny ones, there'd be so many opportunities... Share Family History (with a photo album prop), Get Off My Lawn!, Where Did I Put My Keys, In My Days... Stories (and everyone listening would start snoozing), Sing Old Song...
Field Researcher
#42 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
If you haven't seen misomoso sims' tumblr yet, there is a nice collection of teen male clothes. Just thought I'd leave the link here since it's relevant.

I may or may not have downloaded every single piece on that site... definitely not *checks on sore hand from continuously pressing Download*

Thanks!! :D
Mad Poster
#43 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 10:04 PM
I care about my elders very much. Many of them were born in my game - no way I can stop caring about how they look just because they turned into elders
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#44 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I could point you to teen male stuff by Krehata (male stuff also converted for teens under other collections)

I agree with SciBirg, there was a time years ago I used textures like that but not any more. They simply don't stand up against the other better made items anymore. Fairly sure the one with the bananas showed a bitmap problem when I got a new computer, because I use to have that set.

I do have some misomo items. Not everything as a lot is too slim fitting for many sims. I hope she does some more summer items as my beach hood is too warm for all those jumpers.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 12:51 AM
I do have some misomo items. Not everything as a lot is too slim fitting for many sims. I hope she does some more summer items as my beach hood is too warm for all those jumpers.

LOL, exactly what I was thinking as I sit here sweltering in a 100+ F.

Mad Poster
#46 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Have a lot of Cat's stuff Yet she also favours the elder female. My problem is the elder male only. Long time since anyone had made something new for them.

http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...dcategory=Elder
Mad Poster
#47 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...dcategory=Elder

I know Yet the latest one is 2012 - that is what I mean - and even with all her stuff elders still have a lot less than other groups.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#48 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 8:33 AM
There is some decent elder male clothes on GOS and of course the default data base is another way to find clothes.

Teen boys still have less- if like me you don't use photoskined items, don't use skin tight or emo/punk (whatever those styles are called, yes I am old and behind the times, deal) type items.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#49 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 9:22 AM
I agree with SciBirg, there was a time years ago I used textures like that but not any more. They simply don't stand up against the other better made items anymore. Fairly sure the one with the bananas showed a bitmap problem when I got a new computer, because I use to have that set.

I quite like those by Kaylynn 06.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 1:19 PM
I don't think there's any point in arguing about who is more underserved. It would be good to encourage creators to make things for elders and teens. And they should use elder and teen like bodyshapes - that's a big source of my problem, as people don't always indicate clearly which meshes are on Maxis bodyshapes and which have been fiddled with to look "better" - i.e., more adult.

Teen boys are clothes horses. They pretend they're not, but they are, and fashion - in clothes, in hair, in activities - is keenly important to them because of its connections to status. And teens have a lot of experimenting and individuation to do by dressing, socializing, and pursuing new interests. This should all be reflected in the CC available.

Elders are the same people they always were, going through physical changes as profound as they did as teens, but with established tastes and habits. They have less experimenting and more adjusting to do. Someone who spent his entire working life in boots and jeans should be able to continue wearing boots and jeans! Their tattoos should not go away - but their hair should.

Page 2 of 4