Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:13 PM

Thanks. Those websites really helped me get a better picture of how twisted TSR is.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:16 PM
I don't mind photoskinning as long as it looks good in the end. I don't want some overly realistic piece of clothing because come on, it's the Sims 2 we're talking about here. As long as it doesn't look tacky (lIke the majority of photoskinned clothes do), I'm fine with it.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 4:27 PM
I've heard about some underage children having their info released and/or being harassed for sharing pay content with their friends. They're CHILDREN! How do you expect them to know any better? Kindly telling them why it's wrong and not to do it is one thing, but that.... Rrrrgh! >

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:25 PM
I've said it before on here but Me + Barge Pole + TSR = NOPE

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#30 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:52 PM
I probably dislike TSR almost as much as anyone here, not least of all because I have a slow DSL internet connection and if I want to download anything from TSR I'm pretty much looking at a 5-10 minute process. That's if I already know what I want and know where to find it.

That said, TSR is probably more dependent on advertising revenue to maintain its existence, instead of being a website promoting a social agenda financed by political interests.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
I've heard about some underage children having their info released and/or being harassed for sharing pay content with their friends. They're CHILDREN! How do you expect them to know any better? Kindly telling them why it's wrong and not to do it is one thing, but that.... Rrrrgh! >

Yes iCad's daughter. There is a post on here someplace where she talks about it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#32 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:32 PM
What do you exactly mean by "info released"?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kasparlaks
What do you exactly mean by "info released"?

I wouldn't be surprised if they released her personal information.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BalanceMyth
I wouldn't be surprised if they released her personal information.

Like name, location..? What a messed up thing to do.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#35 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:57 PM
Inexcusable.

And disgusting. Let's talk about something else and save my blood pressure.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:58 PM
Isn't that illegal?
Unless, of course, it was written somewhere in the Terms & Conditions.
But it is still quite messed up?!
(Though, who would even give a rat's ass about her personal information? A birthday set to "private" isn't something valuable to release in order to defame that person.)
And what else could a site release? The exact location? That is definitely illegal.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes iCad's daughter. There is a post on here someplace where she talks about it.

Where is iCad? I haven't seen her lately.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:05 AM
I've seen her post things on her Tumblr but she doesn't seem to be coming onto the forums here any longer. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#39 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:06 AM
Last posted in April.

Mad Poster
#40 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BalanceMyth
1. Ads, ads, ads.

2. SLOW AF

3. VIP

1. I use adblock. It does slow down the downloads (50 seconds!) but at least I don't get the bad ads. I don't download very often from there, so it's not such a big problem.

2. Slow AF (whatever that means) - I've always found TSR to be slow, so that's not very new.

3. VIP - forget it, TSR! There's no chance in the ocean I buy into that crap.
Theorist
#41 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 1:15 PM
I don't bother with TSR often, but that 10 second wait is actually 1 or more minutes depending on time of day and internet speed. You wait for the image to show up, click download but the 10 second timer most often doesn't tick down until all the ads are up. Then you wait on another page where the file finally shows up after that page loads it's ads.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I don't bother with TSR often, but that 10 second wait is actually 1 or more minutes depending on time of day and internet speed. You wait for the image to show up, click download but the 10 second timer most often doesn't tick down until all the ads are up. Then you wait on another page where the file finally shows up after that page loads it's ads.

This. You can't even download two things at once! Are they kidding me? But it's not like I have anything to lose, because as what many others have stated, TSR is full of low-quality junk.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 8:12 PM
I knew it was iCad's daughter. I just didn't name names for the sake of her anonymity and not putting her on the spot.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
Mad Poster
#44 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
TSR have very little, if any, quality control on their uploads and the user experience is horrible. There are occasional gems in there, but SO MUCH rubbish to sift through.
Some of the best, and some of the worst CC I've ever downloaded came from TSR.

The best?
MsBarrows's Formula Fridges for nurseries. Lets you keep formula milk for your baby or toddler in a special little fridge in the nursery so you don't have to trail downstairs to the kitchen for every bottle. My first and probably best ever download from TSR. It had become a free site just as my first ever babies (twins) were being born.

Wofsim68's Stoneyville-Metropolis. A huge urban terrain that I use for Aedicia, my building 'hood. I think there's space there for all the Sims buildings I'm ever likely to build!

Uma Design's Sportswear for men. This set is for Adidas sportswear for all ages from teen to elder. There are other sets for Nike and Puma.

All the above strike me as well made CC from competent creators.

The worst?
This Peter Pan outfit by oldmember_Gryphon. Oh dear! In its defence I can say its a very old piece of CC from November 2004. But. . . Gryphon has put a very leafy or flowery costume onto a shorts mesh. But the texture doesn't completely cover the mesh, so you can see bit's of the shorts outline in flesh colour. It might not have been so bad if he'd used a nude mesh, but really??! I might be able to edit it to make it a bit better. There's a green version of it too -- just as bad.

And the site is as slow as ever -- it took me about an hour to get the links for this post.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:54 PM
Defying all rules I put the fridge in the nursery
I have seldom downloaded from there - I can only recall the wall but there might have been more.
However, I am sure that there are some talented creators, but I have no intention of going to look for them. My time is precious to me, if I see a direct link to something, I might follow it - but that is that. I honestly have all the cc that I need.
Theorist
#46 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:49 PM
Yes, I'm not a big fan either. Too crowded website in ads and a horrible usability...

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:04 AM
Mrs Barrow's formula fridge is right there on the Booty no need to touch T$R

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#48 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The worst?
This Peter Pan outfit by oldmember_Gryphon. Oh dear! In its defence I can say its a very old piece of CC from November 2004. But. . . Gryphon has put a very leafy or flowery costume onto a shorts mesh. But the texture doesn't completely cover the mesh, so you can see bit's of the shorts outline in flesh colour. It might not have been so bad if he'd used a nude mesh, but really??! I might be able to edit it to make it a bit better. There's a green version of it too -- just as bad.

AAAAAAAAAGH! MY EYES! THEY BURN!!!

Mad Poster
#49 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 11:44 AM
To save you all having to go to TSR to look, I asked my friends Andrew Jones from Veronaville and Chandler Jackson from New Desconia to model the Peter Pan outfits for me.

Andrew says he's happy to model it in CAS for me, but there's no way he'd be seen wearing it in Veronaville.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 11:56 AM
Poor Peter Pan!
Page 2 of 4