Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 6:34 AM
It's not at all an empty template. [You can download the terrain if you want to (which is here)--and for anyone that doesn't want the terrain but does want the version with townies and NPCs, ignore that page. It hasn't been updated with the Townies & NPCs version (that beta, the most recent version, is on this page)].

The page I linked above (the same page that the OP linked to in the first post) is packaged with townies, NPCs, lots, everything. The empty version is simply a Tumbleton with lots but no NPCs or townies. You don't need to download the lots, townies, and/or NPCs separately, because they are already in the neighborhood folder once you download it (the TMBL folder; if yours is EMPT, then it has no townies/NPCs).

And Tumbleton won't produce its own townies unless someone doesn't have the no respawn/regen mods, which is up to the player to install at MATY anyway.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by priviel
The Sims actually come with the neighborhood (beta v0.1, that is). If you downloaded that version, then you can just look into the TMBL folder, see the Characters subfolder, and all the character files will be there.

That's just the Townies and NPCs, the playables aren't included.
ETA: You can download the extra sims here for the time being.
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
That's just the Townies and NPCs, the playables aren't included.
ETA: You can download the extra sims here for the time being.

I know, but townies and NPCs are still characters, aren't they?
Mad Poster
#29 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 9:09 AM
Oh yeah, I just thought because we were talking about downloading and installing Sims, it meant the ones that aren't in the hood yet!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 6:45 PM
You're welcome, pizza! Thank you for being interested---too few players makes a thread very very lonely!

EDIT: Does anyone have an alternate link to the Prospect University lots/SC4 terrain? I try to download off 4shared and I either have to make an account and download it to my 4shared folder (not happening) or pony up for a premium account (SOOOO not happening.) If not, I will just build my own stuff, as my policy with 4shared is that if it's on there exclusively, I don't need it.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Test Subject
#31 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 7:45 PM
@AmandieLove I made a 4shared specifically for the download, but you have to download each of them manually, not by saving it to your folder (it took me like ten minutes to figure that out yesterday -_-). However, I've put everything into a folder and uploaded the file for you (and anyone else), so it'll be easier to download.

Keep in mind that the creator of Prospect University only packaged seven lots: two decorative lots with trees (the 'buffers'), the park, a community lot, a residential lot, one dorm hall, and an apartment-type lot that can be used for Greek houses (since apartments can't work in universities, unfortunately). Like I stated before, it really is a 'build-it-yourself' university and thus you have to place multiple community, residential, dorm and even the 'apartment' lots to fill the terrain. (The lots themselves are also completely empty, so you need to go into Build/Buy Mode and furnish them.) For my own uni 'hood, I've used the pictures here as my guide to placing the lots. (But the pictures don't show the whole university, so I had to improvise; of course, you can place the lots wherever you want). I'll be uploading pictures of PU in my game soon, though, if anyone wants another reference.

EDIT: The university requires all expansions up to Bon Voyage, but no stuff packs.
(By the way, Tumbleton requires all EPs and SPs. I don't know if that was clear or not, but I wanted it to be known in case someone didn't know.)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  PU.zip (11.57 MB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 9:33 PM Last edited by AmandieLove : 18th Jul 2015 at 4:05 AM.
Thank you! I'll download it when it stops storming!

Also, even if I have to throw in my own lots, the buildings at least give me a style and inspiration to work with for making all the lots match.

Today's News:

Main Tumbleton House: I gave Truett a haircut among other things, and I think Seth gained a few skill points, but I had to quit without saving because the game thought it was a good idea to bring the Unsavory Charlatan home as a friend from work. So I don't know how much actually happened.

Wilkins Family: Allen Wilkins and Celeste Wilkins are both half-alien. They have a daughter, Molly Wilkins, shown in the sim kids pic thread. Celeste got employed as a campaign manager and made 2 family friends. Allen became a Yearbook Club Supervisor and made one. Other than that, nothing really happened there but can I say that I LOVE MOLLY SO MUCH?!?!

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
Instructor
#33 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 12:10 AM Last edited by WaffleFriez57 : 19th Jul 2015 at 12:35 AM.
Currently I'm filling up Plumbbob City for fun, making employees for the Media Offices mostly. I have, however, taken a liking to a family I made named the Fields. They're two former PlantSims, Blossom and Forrest, with their teenage daughter, Petunia, and PlantBaby son, Willow. They currently run Achoo! Flowers in Plumbbob City and they're already rank 2.

Just as I posted this I had to delete the hood because there are some apartment lots that I can't even click on without them crashing.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 12:15 AM
I added a new family to the mix! The Joneses are Irish newlyweds who moved to SimNation (Or, well, my game is set in America) for work. They're living in a house on Ancestor Moth Way.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 1:58 AM
I'm probably going to add a few new families to Tumbleton. I'll see what I come up with later and edit my post.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 3:00 AM
Okay, I have a bit of a dilemma here.

Pjotr and Amanda met the Joneses, and Amanda has a stunning 3 bolts of attraction to Eoghán Jones. I've never played an affair before, but there might be time in their day (at least until they get promoted) for Amanda to see Eoghán.

Should I go through with it, or shouldn't I?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 6:51 PM
Its your game, @mackieG13, but don't force yourself to do something if you'd feel guilty over it. That wouldn't be worth it.

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
Its your game, @mackieG13, but don't force yourself to do something if you'd feel guilty over it. That wouldn't be worth it.

Yeah, just tried inviting her over and letting things roll naturally, but it didn't work out.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 12:41 AM
I haven't done much playing, per se, in Tumbleton. But if the internet cooperates I will be sharing some pics of 2 Plumbbob City row houses I remodeled the interior of!

---
Wilkins:
Allen Wilkins got promoted to level 3 in his Jornalism career within a few days. Celeste has been spending her days off talking to her constituents (she is a politician/alien rights activist) and making some family friends for careers. Molly went to school and learned to study from Allen (I think, but it could have been Celeste.) Truett Tumbleton came home with her, so I set their STR/LTR to -20.

---
Hood Plans:
I want to make the Maurer family and the Tumbleton family rivals (despite the fact that 2 of the Maurer girls are children of Seth Tumbleton.) When I get home to play again, Mama Maurer will change Saige and Taylor's last names to Maurer, as she does not want them around Seth or considering Seth their father figure (even though she recently redeveloped romantic feelings for him.) Some families will take the Maurer side; others will support the Tumbletons. The Wilkins family supports the Maurers because Seth & Pam Tumbleton are Celeste's political opponents and because the Tumbletons are just plain white trash.

Page 2 of 2