Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 2:14 PM
Default Whose game loads fastest?
I am wondering cuz my game needs 6 min to load to the hood selection menu(or whatever is called) and than like good 3 mins the hood itself, now am not asking the one with no CC, or those who have 1 GB of CC, i talking for those who have huge Download folder, mine currently having over 20000 files and i have not plan on stopping

I need a cigarette
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 2:36 PM Last edited by marka93 : 18th Jul 2015 at 3:15 PM.
In my full game hood in under 1 min.

I can get into my AGS Base Game hood in under 30 sec.

SSD hard drive make it so fast I don't have time anymore to get a cup of coffee and sit down to wait, its up and running by the time I get back to my computer.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 3:13 PM
My game loads in about a minute, and a neighborhood takes about 30-45 seconds to load- and that's with all the expansions and stuff packs installed along with a good deal of CC.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 3:30 PM
About 3 minutes. AGS, if we're talking about that, depends on what CC it has but usually takes 20-30 seconds. Polgannon is that long.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 3:41 PM
I have a SSD on both of my desktops, and it typically takes about 1 minute to load up the game itself, and maybe 20 seconds to load up a neighborhood.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 4:04 PM
My games loads in why bother?!? This is one race I already know I lost! (But if you really want to know - depends on which game: some cc, a bit more cc, all the cc - anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 from pressing play to being in a neighborhood. CC ranges from 3gb to 12gb. Not the fastest but that's a lot better than the hour or so it took on my old computer for my full game.)

I know I really need to do some renaming and move some files around, which will speed it up a little bit.
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 6:13 PM Last edited by CrackHD : 18th Jul 2015 at 9:04 PM.
Most important parts of your computer are processor, ram and hard disk.

Basically (in gaming), processor is the most important. You should compare your model with other where game loads faster.
It does not matter x64 or x86 or frequerency, you should notice other caharacteristics or simply model name and manufacturer, that makes sense. There are some processors regulary released, which get outdated after 2-3 years, but other may keep showing great performance counters for more than 5 years (with reasonable limits, of course).

Size of files and folders are not important in most cases, but sometimes hard disks get simply too old. In this case, accessing, reading and writing speeds start to decay for a little. Or not so little. Multiple this by number of your extra mod files and get the answer to your question. Number of files are important (of any files in any of game folders). If you have many files you better buy an SSD HDD.

Of course if you open some of apps while gaming (chrome, skype, dropbox, any other), the take your CPU and leave much less to your game.

Also, no one can say for sure why loading screen takes bigger time to finish on your computer. This depends on game and in some cases this maybe a bug.. that no one will fix, of course.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 7:43 PM
Mine takes between 5-10 minutes on the loading screen, then a minute or two to load the neighbourhood.
That is the complete collection and about 6GB of CC.
My computer is nearly ten years old without an upgrade, so it handles it pretty well.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 9:01 PM
Depending on whether I have already loaded up my game that day (and recently overall) or not, it will take anywhere from ~2-3 mins to ~45 secs. Depending on the neighbourhood I'm loading, it will take another ~30 secs to a minute to load that, with my megahood possibly 1:30 to 2 mins. I have all EPs/SPs, but little custom content, so that's why I guess.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 9:11 PM
About 5 mins or so. Slightly longer if I've been on a download spree

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 9:27 PM
First time is about 5 minutes or so. Reloading on the same day after that, less than a minute.
Scholar
#12 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 9:29 PM
5 minutes even with .cache clears

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 9:56 PM
A half hour.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 10:16 PM
Mine takes 20 minutes-but it's with 3 gigs of "stuff" inside the downloads folder, another 2 or so in outside folders..all the EP's, 3 Sp's, and a computer that's getting older.

I'm more or less resigned to the fact that it's coming to the point where I will have to buy a new one, and reinstall all of the game again, onto a new hard drive. Can't clone/copy it forever-but I will burn the entire thing onto disk and save it in case of.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 11:35 PM
I have never timed mine. I have seven different game setups currently so which one should I time for you?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 12:54 AM
Probably about 4 min for hood selector and then a minute or so for the actual hood. It used to take atleast 20 minutes total but I've downsized my CC by a lot lol.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 5:44 AM
I have to avoid making new 'hoods because it takes them an hour to load. You think I'm joking? No. I'm in too much agony due to waiting for my game to load to joke.
*Sigh*
Scholar
#18 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 9:49 AM
UC takes about 5-10 minutes to get to neighbourhood selection, about 2 minutes to load a hood or a family. With the disks, it takes 3 minutes to get to hood selection, and less than a minute for the rest. This really annoys me because I like using my disks, but I don't have all the games, but UC has everything but is slow in general. (It took 6.5 hours to download- silly origin. Even GTA V took less time to download of steam, and that game is huge compared to UC)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 9:55 AM
Certainly not mine, I enjoy my cc and mods far too much to worry about loading times. My new game with 7Gigs loads in about 10 minutes and that's just fine by me. My old game with 18Gigs takes an hour.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#20 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:11 PM
5 Minutes to neighborhood selection, 30 seconds to 1 minute to go to the neighborhood (e.g. megahood).
As i'm using the UC with over 7 GB of CC and "need to be created everytime i start because i delete them after every game session"-.cache files i think that's pretty fast for a non-desktop.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#21 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 3:02 AM
That not so important to me, just how fast my Sims game load, as long as it get loaded, I just let it do it's thing stick the disk in wait or just do something else like go into the kitchen for a glass of juice or water.
But really it depend on your computer processor and a few other things as to just how "fast" games get started.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 8:00 AM
1-2 minutes to neighborhood selection, 10-30 seconds to load a neighborhood, and around 30 seconds to load a lot wih family on it... I have UC and just a small bit of CC that are actually mostly mods (150 MB).
Field Researcher
#23 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 9:00 AM
I timed mine at 45 seconds to load the game (skipping intro video), 50 seconds to load the hood, and about two minutes for a house, so under four minutes total. Mind you, that's with minimal CC. However, if I send a sim cruising downtown, it can easily take five minutes or more to load the house back up when s/he goes home. Sometimes it even times out, the game minimises itself, and can take up to ten minutes to restore.
Scholar
#24 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 9:01 PM

you funny. I have 20 gigs worth of CC and it takes me about 20 to 30 minutes to load my game depending on the hood and the lot that I am loading. Still I could never just play a maxis game or even a maxis-match game. So I'll just clean my house, meditate, nap, read or whatever while I wait.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Link Ninja
#25 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 9:42 PM
I always delete out my groups and accessories cache files before starting otherwise the game won't load. It takes about 5 minutes for it get hopping. If the game happens to crash and I restart it, it takes 2 minutes or less.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 1 of 2