Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 12:43 PM Last edited by simmythesim : 12th Dec 2015 at 6:04 AM.
Default SensVille - previously known as Untitled Life Sim Project
Soon, which is quite far from now, I'll have more details to share!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 12:53 PM
Have you got a features list or development plan somewhere?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:50 PM Last edited by simmythesim : 24th Aug 2015 at 2:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Have you got a features list or development plan somewhere?

Well, I aim to at least have an open world the size of The Sims 3 ones, all rendered in The Sims 1 Isometric style. More features I will strive to include, is emotions (again) cars, life stages that make sense (seriously why do you need two adult life stages if there's no difference between them?), debt and loaning, depression, in general things EA think what isn't appropriate for The Sims.

ETA: I was thinking, and I know exactly what I should aim for: SimsVille v2.0, in case whoever reading this doesn't know, SimsVille was like a combination of SimCity and The Sims, only my game will focus more on the "life" aspect. So my end goal is to have a game where you can build a small town, and live inside of it.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 3:07 PM
I'd recommend to read the developer blogs for two games where general things that might be helpful for you are being discussed: the one for Banished and the one for Clockwork Empires
There's also a thread in the Refugees group called Corecrafter's Cot, which could provide you with ideas.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
I'd recommend to read the developer blogs for two games where general things that might be helpful for you are being discussed: the one for Banished and the one for Clockwork Empires
There's also a thread in the Refugees group called Corecrafter's Cot, which could provide you with ideas.

Hmm, interesting, I'll take a look at those later.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Clockwork Empires

Yes this.
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 3:46 PM
I love the idea of a SimsVille-style game, and I also think it would be easier for you from a programming standpoint, since you don't need all the detail of The Sims, and you don't need all the complexity of SimCity, you can go a little easy on both sides and make something that is charming and fun but not too taxing behind the scenes. I will certainly be following this thread and the forums you linked to, I only wish I had any skills with which to help development. Keep us posted, there are plenty of talented people in the community that I'm sure would jump at the chance to join in once you've made some progress and shown you have what it takes to really take on this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Theorist
#8 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 6:33 PM
I, for one, would be very interested to see where this project could go. I was always intrigued by the idea of SimsVille and forever wished they hadn't canceled it and have held on to a small hope that at some point there would be a game of a similar design. I think as close as I ever got was back in the day playing SimTown, which although it was very simple and designed for children, gave me hours and hours of enjoyment just designing the little town and getting people to move in.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 12:16 AM
I might be able to contribute towards modeling in the future when further progress is made on this. Glad to see you're serious about undertaking a project like this and I'll certainly be looking forward to seeing your progress.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I might be able to contribute towards modeling in the future when further progress is made on this. Glad to see you're serious about undertaking a project like this and I'll certainly be looking forward to seeing your progress.

Great! My placeholder objects look like boxes, because, well, they're boxes.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 4:37 PM
This game reminded me a lot of the Sims, mainly in the build mode. The low-poly artstyle works well, IMO.

Software Inc.

http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/362620
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
This game reminded me a lot of the Sims, mainly in the build mode. The low-poly artstyle works well, IMO.

Software Inc.

http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/362620

Thanks! Hadn't heard of it before, it looks nice, except for the way they type. Now that's weird.
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 9:33 PM
I'm just going to say THANK YOU! Like I'm literally rooting for you and your project. Bookmarking this because I can't wait to see your project full blossom
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simfan924
I'm just going to say THANK YOU! Like I'm literally rooting for you and your project. Bookmarking this because I can't wait to see your project full blossom
Thanks! I hope to have a fun, playable alpha in a while, like 6 months, I'm still building the basics(interactions, etc.), but I'll share every new feature I add to the game!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 6:58 AM
wow looks really good, at last someone which true want do something rater than steal money from peoples with low quality games being sold by AAA prices(maxis and the sims 4)

another note could be interesting you try to get some funds in kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/?ref=nav

after the ammount of anger simmers in sims 4 forums, twitters and others medias specially after the last awesome rachel frank interview
http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/the-f...e-life-5390869/

man someone really serious need to take this chance to make maxis and that rachel learn they places and how not be stup*** and greeds.

you can get a lot of funds to increase the game quality and form a team to help you.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 9:11 PM
I have never posted here before, but I wanted to let you know I am so rooting for you!! If you decide to start a kickstarter, I am more then willing to throw in some money. Why not, my wallets getting pretty full now that I stopped giving money to EA.
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 10:57 PM
I have two questions because this project really intrigues me!

First, what is the primary language of this game? I know with unity, your options for programming are rather limited to C#, Python, and Javascript. So out of the three, what would you say is your primary?

Second, will the camera be stuck in an isometric view? With unity, one of the hardest things I worked with was cameras. So I'm just curious as to whether it will be 3D or not?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangesmasher221
I have two questions because this project really intrigues me!

First, what is the primary language of this game? I know with unity, your options for programming are rather limited to C#, Python, and Javascript. So out of the three, what would you say is your primary?

Second, will the camera be stuck in an isometric view? With unity, one of the hardest things I worked with was cameras. So I'm just curious as to whether it will be 3D or not?

The primary language of the game is C#.
The world and the objects are actually in 3D, so I will most likely add an option for a Sims 3 like camera in the game, currently, I'm trying to get the feel of The Sims 1 as much as possible, hence, the isometric camera.
Instructor
#19 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 4:37 PM
I can't even articulate how awesome this is. Congrats on the progress and keeping us up to date! I hope you find some help, though I am sure there could be some creators at least that could make objects and such. I'm not really useful though for this projects, I'd only be able to do game testing and perhaps some French translation but that's more down the road type of stuff.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
The primary language of the game is C#.
The world and the objects are actually in 3D, so I will most likely add an option for a Sims 3 like camera in the game, currently, I'm trying to get the feel of The Sims 1 as much as possible, hence, the isometric camera.

a question this game is developed to be 32 or 64 bits?? vuz that is the big problem of maxis which keep making games with very outdated tools, for the sake of make the game running in granny machines, cateer too much deep bottoms machines which ending leading to very bad and poor developed game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 6:33 AM Last edited by simmythesim : 17th Sep 2015 at 9:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ellessarr
a question this game is developed to be 32 or 64 bits?? vuz that is the big problem of maxis which keep making games with very outdated tools, for the sake of make the game running in granny machines, cateer too much deep bottoms machines which ending leading to very bad and poor developed game.

It's both 32 bit and 64 bit, but it still runs only on one thread as Unity is very sensitive to multhithreading, it also uses Directx 11, so no support for Windows XP machines (which should be the case as it's unsupported now.)
ETA: What I mean is that there will be a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
It's both 32 bit and 64 bit, but it still runs only on one thread as Unity is very sensitive to multhithreading, it also uses Directx 11, so no support for Windows XP machines (which should be the case as it's unsupported now.)
ETA: What I mean is that there will be a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version.

very nice to know, and that is the problem for maxis support windows xp is top priority they could even supported windows 97 machines based on how "short cut" and low ending machines the game was focused.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 11:52 PM
Very promising. You've got yourself another thread subscriber ! I look forward to watching this project progress.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 7:08 AM
well i have a question about the AI, if you are planning to have a really strong AI, like traits and moods can really matter or even the character can rebel agains the player if him force him to do something he could not like or against his personality, like have a evil character being too "good" or a good character being evil, well that was one of the promisses of sims 3 where the ai could be so strong which they can't even disobey the player if him make the sim goes too much against his own personality or robots or near robots ai where only what players do matter? i would love strong ai where if a make a evil character he will be evil autonomous and things like that, another question

is toward what the target age you are planning, if we can have "things like murder, or when killing a character aways will be by the hands of god, cuz could be really awesome if the characters can also kill others characters, i'm not asking for a gta but, whenever the player want to kill a character sometimes could be interesting make the others character do that like make a piano fall above the other character or push the character throught the stairs if you don't want some good violence level.

what could be the age rate of the game?? 10?? 12?? 16?? 18???
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellessarr
well i have a question about the AI, if you are planning to have a really strong AI, like traits and moods can really matter or even the character can rebel agains the player if him force him to do something he could not like or against his personality, like have a evil character being too "good" or a good character being evil, well that was one of the promisses of sims 3 where the ai could be so strong which they can't even disobey the player if him make the sim goes too much against his own personality or robots or near robots ai where only what players do matter? i would love strong ai where if a make a evil character he will be evil autonomous and things like that, another question

is toward what the target age you are planning, if we can have "things like murder, or when killing a character aways will be by the hands of god, cuz could be really awesome if the characters can also kill others characters, i'm not asking for a gta but, whenever the player want to kill a character sometimes could be interesting make the others character do that like make a piano fall above the other character or push the character throught the stairs if you don't want some good violence level.

what could be the age rate of the game?? 10?? 12?? 16?? 18???

I was thinking of murder in the game, and I think it's appropriate for the themes I handling, I'm planning that sens don't murder people unless they get very angry, or they have the murderer behavior, of course there will be a toggle to switch off the murders and other content which may be inappropriate for the kiddies .

Page 1 of 9