Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 3:41 PM
Default "Please login with administrator privileges and try again"
I need help.

I want to play my fully installed The Sims 1 with all 7 EPs, but the message in the title pops up.

Problem is, I'm the admin of my computer.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 3:54 PM
Right click on the icon and chose run as administrator and it should start up.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 4:46 PM Last edited by HarVee : 9th Sep 2015 at 5:11 PM.
All you had to do CJ was run the application as an administrator. Rick click the executable file, navigate down the menu to 'properties' and left click, switch to the compatibility tab and check the Run as Administrator box.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 9:00 AM
"Run as Administrator" doesn't work. The Sept. 9 2015 Windows update really borked this game up.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 8:27 PM Last edited by beatlesblondie : 15th Sep 2015 at 10:53 PM.
I just received the complete collection today, and I am getting the exact same message. When I click on run as administrator nothing happens.

Update:
After a little bit of searching.....if you remove update KB3086255 it should work fine, mine is playing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 10:52 PM
You need to do a factory reset and when they recommend updates, don't check yes.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 11:37 PM
I did a reset last month and it updated and I can't find the update that unscrews up the mess.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 3:57 AM
It's this one -----> KB3086255

I keep the number on a note so I can delete it regularly.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 6:30 PM
I tried to deactivate the update with the registry (since you can't do that in the Windows 10 updates) and after a restart it still does not work. While I don't get the message "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" anymore, this time nothing happens when I click on the .exe. Just the loading mouse for some seconds. Also changing the exe file with another one (that requires no CD) does not work. I have every expansion except Makin Magic and I would love to play the Sims 1 again

Maybe it's because I installed Super Deluxe XL? I just installed the very base game
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 6:50 PM
Not sure how much help it'll be, since my computer that I play TS1 on is still running Vista, but the only way I've EVER been able to get it to start properly on mine has been to start it up through Compatibility Mode, and run it as an administrator that way...

Ah, the joys of playing older games...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 7:49 PM
The update stops the game working on Vista and Windows 7. Not sure what the fix is for Windows 10, but I would love to know for sure since I'll probably be forced to install Windows 10 at some point. Try Zarathustra's fix and let the rest of us know if it works.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 8:40 PM
I tried several compability modes with administrator rights and it still doesn't work. I even tried it on a second Windows 10 computer. Maybe I have to install the expansion packs and it simply does not work with the base game?

Here is how I deactivated the update:
http://community.simtropolis.com/fo...-from-starting/

The registry and cmd way does not work for me
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 6:55 PM
Not exactly sure how it works, so backup and use at your own risk - but someone at the EA Sims forum posted a fix that involves downloading a modded Sims 1 launcher; this prevents having to go into scary Windows files and deactivating the update.

From what I can tell it only works with Complete Collection or a game with all 7 EPs (which is my setup).

I was on a nostalgia kick a few weeks ago and after I went out and re-bought all the games, I got that 'administrator privileges' issue on my Windows 8.1 PC. The fix worked great with my game, and I've had no issues so far.
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I need help.

I want to play my fully installed The Sims 1 with all 7 EPs, but the message in the title pops up.

I have the same problem as you and I don't know what to do! I hope either of us (or both) figures out a solution!
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I need help.

Hello, I recommend trying to find a decent noCD. It's not your fault, it's the security system. Ensure that TS1 has...

1. Compatibility settings set to WIN7 or below

2. Set to open as administrator
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 12:30 AM
Another good method, if you have some spare space, is use virtual box, and use an official windows xp iso if you happen to have one.

PC: HP Envy laptop 17-ae1xx, i7, Intel UHD Graphics 620 (HP), 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (HP), 12gb ram
emotional support clown
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 7:19 PM
Hey! I recently posted this tutorial, a potential solution for any of the recurring problems the average modern PCs face when it comes to running The Sims 1 and some other old 3D games, from "can't load" to "weird-looking gfx" and "inconveniently low framerate". Good luck!

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
[email protected]
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadMagFreak
Not exactly sure how it works, so backup and use at your own risk - but someone at the EA Sims forum posted a fix that involves downloading a modded Sims 1 launcher; this prevents having to go into scary Windows files and deactivating the update.

That link is dead. You get a 404 error.
I used the instructions onThis Page
I watched this video on How To

There is a link in the description to the Win10patch and Instructions on use. I bought the Complete Collection on CD and installed on 2 PCs one running Win7and the other with Win10. Using this patch eliminates the need to delete KB3086255 Window Update.
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th May 2020 at 2:53 PM
I figured it out. I had the admin pop up. I read the instruction that was in the folder. Go get the .exe file from the "# crack" folder and override the one that's in the first folder then it ran perfect.