Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 10:13 AM
Knowledge/Family
Turn ons: Charisma, Creativity
Turn offs: zombies, vampires
Personality - all at 5.
Hobby : literature, gardening
Neighbourhood: hmmmm.......Riverblossom Hills are nice, but the neighbours in Strangetown will be more interesting - Strangetown it is.
Career : Most definitely Space Pirate !
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 10:26 AM
Oh, this is fun!

Knowledge/Family
Turn-ons: Facial hair & cologne. Turn-off: Stink
I never did like how EAxis expressed the Leo sign. I'm a Leo, but I am definitely not Outgoing! I'd be Neat (10), Shy-ish (5), Active-ish (7), Serious (3), Nice (8). I don't care if that adds up to however many points you can have from CAS.
Career: Architect! Hell yeah! Kick some blueprint butt!
Major... is a bit more difficult. I'm planning on doing a triple major in art, structural engineering, and film. I don't know what the equivalent of that would be in TS2...
Hobby: Literature! Writing books kicks butt. (lots of butt-kicking in this post... interesting.)
Neighborhood: I know you can't live in a vacation 'hood, but I love Three Lakes! It's the only EAxis neighborhood that comes close to my hometown. I love trees. Trees love me. It's a beautiful relationship. If I couldn't live there, I'd live in Riverblossom Hills, on a modernized farm.

Darn it, now I want to make a 'hood made entirely of MTS self-Sims! (though self-Sims kind of creep me out... it seems like a fun idea in theory.) Someone should do that!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 11:01 AM
Let's see..

Aspiration: Knowledge / Knowledge
Turns on: creativity / vampire
Turns off: stinks / Formal clothes
Personality : I will only tell if you think your sims go to the bathroom so often... you saw nothing yet... nothing!! :D
Hobby : arts and crafts, specially painting.. and. watching ghosts!
Major Career: paranormal!! :D
Career: Totally sure I will work as freelance artist, working at home and selling my handmade work.
Neighbourhood: Desiderata or River Blossom, not sure.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Link Ninja
#29 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 4:03 PM
Aspiration: Pleasure
Secondary Aspiration: Popularity
Turn ons: Glasses and Logical
Turn off: Robots
Personality Traits: Sloppy (3), Outgoing (7), Lazy (2), Playful (8), Nice (5)
One True Hobby: Gaming
Uni Major: Art
Career: Slacker Level 9 - Freelance Web Designer
LTW: Become Professional Party Guest
Favorite Activity: Browsing the Web for Games
Least Favorite Activity: Cleaning the Shower
Chef's Choice: Filet Mignon
Skills: Cooking (3), Mechanical (1), Charisma (7), Body (3), Logic (5), Creativity (10), Cleaning (3)
Badges: Bronze Pottery
Most talked about interest: Entertainment
Least talked about interest: Sports
Pets: 1 cat and 1 dog

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#30 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 4:33 PM
Viktor, Secondary Aspiration is only available if you have Freetime. If you do, you can double click the aspiration sign in the Aspiration Rewards panel (the place you go to get your Elixir, money trees, and so on) and choose a secondary aspiration and spend points to get perks, both general for all sims and some specific to your primary and secondary.

I'm Knowledge/Pleasure. My turn-ons cannot be whittled down to two! I really wouldn't care to figure out my own personality points and I get conflicting input from others on what they are. My OTH is Literature but it overlaps with Games, not Film.

I wouldn't have a Maxis career. My husband (Pleasure/Knowledge) would be in the Gaming career and I would stay home writing novels and actually succeeding at gardening (which I demonstrably can't do in real life).

I don't want to live in a pre-made hood. I want to live in Drama Acres.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#31 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Viktor, Secondary Aspiration is only available if you have Freetime. If you do, you can double click the aspiration sign in the Aspiration Rewards panel (the place you go to get your Elixir, money trees, and so on) and choose a secondary aspiration and spend points to get perks, both general for all sims and some specific to your primary and secondary.

I even ''live'' in it's neighbourhood, so yes, I possess. And that's rhymes.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 6:17 PM Last edited by HarVee : 10th Sep 2015 at 6:28 PM.
Maybe we're all just Sims and we just don't know it? Maybe life is just one giant experiment for some higher being?

...Anyway:

Aspiration:
Primary - Knowledge
Secondary - Pleasure

Chemistry:
Turn-ons - Logical, Blond hair
Turn-off - Formal Wear

Personality:
Points - Niceness [5], Neatness [3], Outgoingness [2], Activeness [4], Playfulness [6]
Zodiac Sign - Pisces

Skills:
Cooking (0)
Mechanical (6)
Charisma (2)
Body (1)
Logic (7)
Creativity (5)
Cleaning (0)

Misc:
Hobbies - Games, Tinkering, Science
Career - Unemployed
Major - Philosophy
N'hood - StrangeTown
LTW - Become Game Designer

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 7:44 PM
I'd be a knowledge Sim with secondary Fortune aspiration. Turn ons brown hair and facial hair, turn off zombies. Most of my personality points would go into Nice. My skill points would be mostly in logic and creativity. But I don't like playing self Sims because I get bored watching them read books all day. It's more fun playing Sims who create a little havoc.
Scholar
#34 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 10:40 PM
Aspiration: Knowledge
Turns on: Logic / Creativity
Turns off: Perfume
Personality : 1 Neat , 7 Extroverted, 7 Active, 1 Serious, 8 Nice
Hobby : Literature (& Film)
Major: Philosophy
Career: Business
Neighbourhood: Widespot (or, if it must be a pre-made, Strangetown)
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 12:07 AM
My Primary aspiration would either be either Knowledge or Fortune. I love learning things, yet I'm also focused on becoming financially stable. For secondary, it would probably be Knowledge (if Fortune is Primary), Pleasure, or Family. As I said, I learning things, but I also balance my life with down time and having fun. I believe there should be an equal balance of work and play to live a healthy life, and I've recently been thinking about one day having a family. Then again, I am way to shy and anxious to actually have any form of relationship.

Turn-ons are Hard-Working, Creativity (or maybe Glasses) with a Turn-off of Fat. I like people who are willing to put in the effort to better themselves instead of expecting good things to happen, and creativity is always awesome (whether it's playing an instrument or art as a hobby).

Personality: I'll do my Sims 2 stats as well as add in Sims 3 traits to give you a better idea of myself
Traits from the Sims 2 (Neat/Outgoing/Active/Playful/Nice): 5/1/4/7/8
Traits from the Sims 3: Loner, Grumpy, Virtuoso, Ambitious, Perfectionist

Hobby: Music and Dance

Career: Science, Music

Major: Math, Physics, Economics

Neighborhood: Probably Pleasantview or Riverbolossom Hills
Instructor
#36 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 12:24 AM Last edited by conversesneaker : 15th Sep 2015 at 12:27 AM.
My aspiration is Knowledge, with a secondary in Pleasure (or possibly, Grilled Cheese. Grilled cheese....). I consider myself always a student, but more-so a student of life than of textbooks and grades! I am a creative person, but Creativity is not an aspiration option here. I take pride and comfort in the little things in life, like putting on pajamas, or jumping on the couch!

My LTW would to be a Cult Leader (Top of the Paranormal career). I would also be a Neutral Witch!

Turn-ons/off: I am attracted to sims wearing Hats & who are Creative, while I am turned off by Blonde haired Sims.

I am an Aries:
Sloppy-Neat: 5
Outgoing: 6
Active: 6
Serious: 3
Grouchy-Nice: 5

My favorite hobby is easily Film & Literature. Although I might have a membership to the Arts & Crafts hobby lot as well.

I would live in Belladonna Cove - specifically in the Bella Belle Townhouses! I love living in the city, having libraries, shops, parks, places to go. Before Belladonna Cove though, I grew up in Riverblossom Hills and went to Sim State University as a Drama Major.

As for my career, I'd be at level 3, as either a Bit Player (Show Business) or Tarot Card Reader (Paranormal). I am both in real life, haha!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 3:20 AM
For a long time now I've thought I'd be Family primary with a Knowledge secondary. For Family, I love kids and animals, and I want to get married someday, but I also like spending time with friends. For Knowledge, when something sparks my interest, I really enjoy learning about it! I have a lot of things I like learning about, some more than others.

My personality kind of doesn't fit perfectly into Sim numbers. I like things to be neat and am a tad germaphobic (fear: use a public restroom), but I tend to let things get dusty and piled up. Outgoing, I'd be around 2 or 3. It varies. Active, again, 2 or 3. Playful... hmm. I have a really serious outlook on life, but I need lots of time to just relax and have fun, too. Nice, maybe 7-ish. I'm with Ather on the Leo thing- I'm a Leo myself and don't fit the Maxis criteria at all!

For turns on and off... well, I wish personality would be a turn-on. If it were, I'd pick niceness and black hair. If not, black hair and formalwear (I've had crushes on both Cary Grant and Clark Gable). For turnoffs, stink and robots. If I had to choose one... well, it'd depend on how many Servos were in the neighborhood! If there were a lot, I'd pick robots.

My hobbies would be a lot of Film & Literature, a little bit of Games (Sims 2 is my chief game) and nature (love walking in the forest!), and a littler bit of Arts & Crafts.

I don't know where I'd live... probably either Pleasantview or Desiderata Valley. I'd love to live in a Tudor house, but I wouldn't like the drama in Veronaville.

Major, probably either Literature or History, if the criteria is things that interest you.

Career-wise... there's a downloadable Librarian career, which is what I'm aiming for in real life. In Sims, I might stay home to write, paint, and sew. I don't paint or sew- I'm more inclined to drawing and crocheting- but that's about as similar as you can get, I think.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 10:57 AM
If I were a Sim. . .

Well obviously I'd live in Veronaville, 'cause most of my best friends live there. I'd try to get one of the cheaper Tudor houses; they may be a bit impractical for modern living, but they have real character. And I'd be a very frequent passenger on the free taxi service to Downtown to go to the clubs there. (I've been to a real life nightclub about once in my life!)

Age?
In Real Life I'm an Elder, but as a Sim I'll choose to be a Teen so I have plenty of time to enjoy all the fun things there are to do in and around Veronaville. And, since my game is usually played with Aging Off, it should be quite a while before I have to worry about adult responsibilities.

Turn-Ons / Turn-Offs?
I suppose it's confession time now.
Turn-Ons Swimwear and Underwear! (I've never admitted that before!)
Turn-Off Vampirism

Aspiration?
Knowledge I think -- there's so much to learn about my new life as a Sim. I don't have FreeTime, but, if I'm allowed a Secondary, I'll choose Romance -- because in Real Life I've totally missed out on that aspect of life.

Character?
Sloppy/Neat: 1 -- Not my strong point! The aspect in which I am least like my original Sim, the eponymous Andrew. He's a Virgo.
Shy/Outgoing: 4 -- I have to admit that I am a bit shy.
Lazy/Active: 4 -- Not too keen on work (I'd rather Sim), but I do like walking and cycling.
Serious/Playful: 3 -- Same as Andrew. With Jenflower's homework mod, I'll actually enjoy school and homework!
Grouchy/Nice: 9 -- I've always tried to be nice to my Sims. I do hope they're nice to me!

That gives me Outgoing + Playful + Nice points: 4+3+9 = 16. That's more than 15, so, with Pescado's Romance mod, I should be able to have "open relationships" if I want, provided that that works with a Romance Secondary. If it doesn't I'll need to swap the aspirations round and be Romance/Knowledge.

Hobbies?
Not having FreeTime, I'm not familiar with Sim hobbies. I think I'll go for Nature.

Career?
I don't fancy any of the teenage jobs. They don't pay much and eat too much into the time I could be out dancing and flirting. I've toyed with the idea of being a Slacker, but I think I'll have a career in Financial Forestry. i.e. I'll grow money trees. When I grow up (it feels funny writing that when I'm really an Elder! ) I think I'll go into Politics. So I can continue to help guide Veronaville towards a future of peace and prosperity.

So my LTW will be to be Mayor of Veronaville.

. . .

Excuse me a second, that's my 'phone ringing.

. . .

It was Andrew. He and Julian are going clubbing downtown, and they're asking if I'd like to come along too. So I'll have to go now, 'cause the taxi will be here in a minute. Bye!

. . .

. . . If only!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#39 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 11:25 AM
Ooh, I think about this sometimes

Aspiration: family with knowledge secondary. Though more so rolling wants about interacting with existing family members than desperate ones to have children and get married

Turn ons: creative and logical (if actual personality traits were an option I'd go with those)
Turn off: zombie

Personality: sloppy 3, shy 3, lazy 2, serious 4, nice 6. I don't think I have enough points, lol. If I was making a simself and had to give more, I'd put a few in nice and maybe one in sloppy and playful each.
My actual sign is a Leo, but the Leo personality is never anything like mine!!

Hobby: Film & Literature

College major: Literature

Career: There's no sim equivalent to my career, education is probably closest

Neighborhood: hmmm... I think I have to go with Pleasantview.
Instructor
#40 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
Career-wise... there's a downloadable Librarian career, which is what I'm aiming for in real life. In Sims, I might stay home to write, paint, and sew. I don't paint or sew- I'm more inclined to drawing and crocheting- but that's about as similar as you can get, I think.

Awesome, this is what I'm in grad school for right now! I thought education seemed like the closest equivalent maxis career, but maybe I need to download this
Field Researcher
#41 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 5:46 PM
Aspiration: Pleasure
Secondary Aspiration: Fortune
Turn On 1: Blond Hair
Turn On 2: Fitness
Turn Off: Fatness
Personality: 6 neat, 4 outgoing, 3 active, 8 playful, 4 nice
Hobby: Games
Neighborhood: Belladona Cove
Major: Undeclared
Career: Business
Instructor
#42 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 8:17 PM
Aspiration: Family
Secondary aspiration: Pleasure
Turn ons: Black hair, creative
Turn off: Fatness
Personality: Neat/Sloppy 6, Outgoing/Shy 2, Active/Lazy 4, Playful/Serious 7, Nice/Grouchy 8
(My actual zodiac sign is Gemini/Cancer, but in the sims world I'm more like a Pisces. xD)
Hobby: Games (I'd probably have memberships to the literature and music hobby lots as well.)
Neighborhood: Downtown (I don't fancy the suburban nature of most pre-made hoods, to be perfectly honest.)
Field Researcher
#43 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 9:06 PM
I would be a pleasure/knowledge sim, even though I hate the first aspiration in the Sim world haha.
Turn-ons: Black hair/Hard worker
Turn-off: Unemployed
Neat
Shy
Lazy
Playful
Nice
Pleasantview

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ather
Darn it, now I want to make a 'hood made entirely of MTS self-Sims! (though self-Sims kind of creep me out... it seems like a fun idea in theory.) Someone should do that!

Lol, yes... they certainly should
Mad Poster
#45 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 1:36 AM
As a matter of fact it's been done at least once, but if it was played extensively it wasn't reported.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#46 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 1:48 AM
I had up to about 50 self sims in my game back in about 2007-2009, it was the 'thing to do' back on the old Boolprop forums, Simselves being married into legacies, used in bachelor challenges, asylum challenges or just walking around causing havoc. We never found it weird, it was considered fun. Things change, now I don't bother.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#47 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 2:09 AM
I have never made a self sim, im too ugly and sims are all gorgeous
Inventor
#48 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 2:22 AM
Ooh, this looks like fun! I did make a semi-sort-of self-sim in my test hood. But she was unabashedly more of a fantasy ideal :P

Adult. Though, if I could, I'd dial it back to YA and go to Uni.

Aspiration:
Primary - Knowledge, definitely.
Secondary - ...Family? I'm not quite obsessed enough to be Grilled Cheese (though, grilled cheese... mmmmm...). Now, if it were just straight up Cheese, I'd pounce on that like a starving mouse! None of the others really fit, but Family comes closest.

Chemistry:
Turn-ons - This one's hard. I'm equally torn between Creative, Logical, and Black Hair. I guess the first two if I really had to choose.
Turn-off - Zombie. I'm waaaaaay too squeamish when it comes to fluids and parts and ick... and the smell.

Personality:
Sloppy/Neat - At least 3, else I wouldn't autonomously wash my hands after using the bathroom
Shy/Outgoing - 2, or maybe even a 1. I'm a freakin' hermit (irl, anyway). Heh.
Lazy/Active - Probably about a 3.
Serious/Playful - Depends on the situation. Proooobably a touch on the low side, so maybe a 4.
Grouchy/Nice - I hope I hit around a 7 or 8.
Zodiac Sign - Sagittarius, I guess. I'm not sure what that personality point spread would be.

Hobbies - OTH would be Literature minus the Film. Others would be Cuisine, Science, Nature, and Arts and Crafts.
Career - Self-employed primarily as a writer, while dabbling in other arts like painting and pottery. Well, that's what I'd want, anyway.
Major - Literature
Hood - Belladonna Cove! An apartment or small house on the beachfront, or else in some custom hood in a mountain valley by a lake.
LTW - I... can't think of one off the top of my head that fits me. There isn't an Author related career. I suppose becoming a Mad Scientist sounds fun
Pets - At least one cat, preferably a sleek black one with bright green eyes. I'd likely call it something cliche such as Midnight or The Prince of Darkness or The Abyss of my Soul or some such rubbish :P
Scholar
#49 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 6:38 AM
Aspirations: (1st) Knowledge and (2nd) Family.

Turn ons: hard worker and Blond hair.
Turn off: Witch

Leo
Number wise I have no idea. Probably should find a Sim based test and update this post when I do.

Isn't there a natural hobby? If so Nature. I love Biology and the world around us

I'd live in Pleasantview because I could live a normal life in terms of the Sims.

Career: Natural Scientist, Dinosaur cloner. Because I like any animal extinct or otherwise.
Page 2 of 3