Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 4:10 PM Last edited by maxon : 20th Sep 2015 at 4:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
It wasn't me who disagreed your posts, maxon. I marked it as helpful because it is helpful. There is nothing to disagree with.

It has been disagreed by someone else. Presumably by someone who has also disagreed the other posts of this thread.

I would never have imagined so - phantom disagreer, probably because you said 'disagree' in your first post. It seems to attract them.

Would you like Lady Lucinda Fortescue? Matriarch of her family, likes queening it at the local Townswomen's Guild and enjoys Bridge (at which she is sharply adept). The only blot on her life at present is the inability to get good servants and keep them (I wonder why).

That picture is in BS (sorry) and she is currently dressed up in a lot of CC - I love those glasses though. I can post a CC-free version.

Wait - how did she get to the moon (sorry, just re-read your first post)? Let's see ... hmmm ... well, her husband was a remarkably dynamic man, a successful entrepreneur, very wealthy with an interest in engineering. He partially bankrolled this project and insisted that you should take someone 'trustworthy' with you to keep an eye on his investment. Hence, you were saddled with fortunate enough to get the services of Lady Lucinda. ??

Besides, I think you'd want her - she'd keep SimSample in line.

Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
ok, I don't know if you will like her because she's a bit plain

I don't think she's plain, I think she looks very nice. I always prefer normal looking sims - or even Peni's downright ugly ones.

Edit: Thank you Miley (next post) - those wrinkles are Maxis would you believe.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 4:18 PM
Wow! Maxon, your sim looks realistic and also maxis matchy, nice sim. I'm impressed
Mad Poster
#28 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Looks to me like we have two trolls and one counter-troll, all at once. Two who are clicking disagree on everything, and one clicking agree. I find it rather funny, funny because someone out there actually thinks it's amusing/worth their time. I wonder what makes them decide to do it in a specific thread? Maybe they object to the thread itself and thinks everyone should ignore, and when they don't it's an immediate disagree. Whatever it is, it's amusing to watch.

And like I said to Jawusa in my first post, just ignore it. It's just a button, after all.

I got the disagree spam on my Back Alley Sims Family Friendly Hacks thread. I don't know if someone disagreed with BAS in general, BAS having family friendly hacks or me sharing them lol.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 4:35 PM
@MileyTheSimmer I downloaded your sim. She's gorgeous. Thank you for uploading her.

@maxon I really like your sim. I would like to move her into my neighborhood.
She reminds me of someone I know but I don't know who. lol
If it's OK for you, I would like to have the no CC version.

I have no idea how all of the sims ended up being on the moon but I'll have to come up with something later. Firstly, I want to create this neighborhood and place some houses and add your sims into the neighborhood.

@mackieG13 I can't download your sim. My browser keeps saying it may contain virus and that's why it's blocking it...
Could you please reupload it here, using MTS's uploader?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 4:51 PM
@Jawusa, sure.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Dr. Mara Lewis - NOCC.zip (135.6 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#31 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 4:54 PM
Some people just enjoy hitting the disagree button and imagining the dismay and heartbreak they think they're causing. It must be hard to live in a spirit that small, but there you go. There's an epidemic of it at the moment, probably all the same person, who is surely more to be pitied than censured.

I probably have some sims who'd like to live on the moon, but it looks as though you have plenty.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:04 PM
@Peni Griffin The neighborhood has 10 empty houses for the sims.
And at the moment, I have 8 sims.

If you want, you could still send a sim to me. If Maxon would upload her sim, I would have 9 sims.
And if you would upload your sim, I would have 10 in total.

ETA: I could increase the number of lots in the neighborhood if I get more sims.

The more, the merrier.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
#34 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:10 PM
What you need is an Alice Kramden Sim.

(Also, I have a suspicion as to who is doing the disagrees.)
Mad Poster
#35 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:14 PM
Hmm... debating whether I want to ship my simself off to the moon or not...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#36 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:37 PM
Some sims were on a spaceship to explore the moon, aliens found out about them and destroyed their spaceship leading to those sims finding themselves on the moon with no memory, they decided to make it their home and so they built a community. Scientists have been looking for these sims for a very long time until they gave up and decided they died..
No one knows about them..... YET

this is the cheesiest story line ever oh dear god help
Inventor
#37 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
PS: I'm the person clicking agree to piss off the two people clicking disagree or three? some posts have three disagrees
mine has 4, lovely!

I'm with you. If I get on a forum and say "Adolf Hitler was the best man who ever lived," then that's a disagreeable opinion (to say the least), so by all means, Disagree the living blue blazes out of me. But if I get on a forum and ask a completely objective question like "Why won't my Sim stop whining at me about being hungry and eat his dinner already?", or if I state a veritable fact like "The higher your Sim's Cooking skill, the more kinds of dishes your Sim can cook," or if I give some spot-on advice like "Catch fishes from a pond and cook them in a full kitchen to get sparkly food which can completely fill a Sim's Hunger" and someone Disagrees with that -- particularly without leaving a comment explaining why they disagree with something that normally shouldn't offend -- then frankly, that "someone" is a gutless idiot, a useless jabroni and a self-congratulating keyboard warrior who deserves to have his/her computer privileges revoked, stat.

There you go, Disagree Trolls. See that? I just insulted you directly! Now this is a comment which you knuckle-draggers can Disagree with. Clearly your "honor" is on the line now, so I guess you'd better bring it on, you twerking cupcake princesses! >:]

As for the normal people here, today is International Spite the Trolls Day. Because one undeserved vote deserves another, here are some free Agrees, Helpfuls, Funnies and Loves for everyone! The balance has been restored, disrupted again and tipped quite a bit in the opposite direction. Do you feel like you've accomplished anything yet, you corn-sporking trolls?

As for the topic itself: For some of my Sims, I've altered a few of the stock faces with some minor adjustments...a hooked nose here, almond-shaped eyes there, enlarged ears somewhere else. Is that enough to pass the upload standard? And what if I'm using custom eye colors?

(P.S. Ditto on "Lady Lucinda Fortescue looks great, Maxon!" Are those the wrinkles from the stock face tattoos, perchance?)
Theorist
#38 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:41 PM
Mars might be a better choice, since it has a red hue, so the TS2 desert terrain would make sense.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:47 PM
The moon is grey, though. Concrete terrain is also grey. So both are very doable options.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Hmm... debating whether I want to ship my simself off to the moon or not...

Yay! My post has at least 1 of every clicky button!

@Jawusa - are you looking for just normal sims or alien sims too? (and can we just upload 1 sim or can it be a couple/family?) A while ago I made my own 'Sedona' (this was years before the hood building group built one) and I made a really cool family of an Astronaut, an alien and their two children (sorta like the opposite of the Smiths from Strangetown). I'd love for an excuse to remake them and seeing as I'm currently trying to teach myself to use SimPE extracting them would be good practice...

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:48 PM
@ScaryRob But Mars is too far away! The sims won't endure such a long distance!

I think the moon is much more appropriate.

@Bigsimsfan12 I'm not sure about aliens. Because this ought to be a human colony on the moon (or Mars...?)

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#42 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:54 PM
I vote for the moon! and maybe there can be a secret alien living on the moon that no one knows of
Inventor
#43 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:58 PM
Well, what about this idea? You cover the entire landscape of the Moon Base neighborhood with lots, everywhere the lot sizes can reach. Then you go to each lot with your Terrain brush, set it for max diameter, pick the "white sand" and cover the entirely of each lot with white, moonlike terrain. It's a bit of work, but it shouldn't take more than an hour or three. Go to lot, huge white sand brush, SWOOSHSWOOSHSWOOSH, Save and Exit to Neighborhood, go to the next lot, huge white sand brush....

Sure, there will still be some gaps of red sand where no lot in the world can reach (like the spaces that are cattycorner from dead ends, the beaches that are a little too far from the nearest road, et cetera). But maybe it'll look good enough for Government work, eh?
Theorist
#44 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 5:58 PM
You could use the concrete terrain to look like the moon. There's also a default replacement for the concrete terrain that looks even more like the moon here: http://omicronsimtauri.livejournal.com/2303.html

Wouldn't aliens in their space ships visit the moon as well as earth to abduct people who look through telescopes at night?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Forum Resident
#45 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Yay! My post has at least 1 of every clicky button!

Yeah! High-five!
Inventor
#46 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 6:03 PM
This just in: The Disagree Troll is now among us! And HA HA HA HA HA, the schmuck took the bait! Thanks a heap, you worthless pansy! I hope that Santa Claus comes back from the dead just to stuff a metric ton of coal in your mattress. >:]
Mad Poster
#47 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@Bigsimsfan12 I'm not sure about aliens. Because this ought to be a human colony on the moon (or Mars...?)

That's fine I don't think there's any aliens on the moon anyway.
Your game kinda reminds me of Space Colony - maybe you might get some fun ideas from it.

*high-5s Ather*

Field Researcher
#48 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 6:06 PM
this is fun, it's like all of us are planning a neighborhood and sims along with Jawusa
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#49 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 6:08 PM
Didn't Psychosim do some good spacey terrain replacements? How are you going to cope with the 'no atmosphere' aspect? Are you going to build airlocks on the houses and make them wear helmets outside or are you going to assume they're living in a neighbourhood-wide bio-dome?

@Jawusa - I'll upload Lucinda shortly and post back here with the link. Just about to go and make dinner so it might be a couple of hours.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#50 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
You could use the concrete terrain to look like the moon. There's also a default replacement for the concrete terrain that looks even more like the moon here: http://omicronsimtauri.livejournal.com/2303.html

Hmm. Good idea. Concrete would probably work better for the unreachable places. I'd still use something like the white sand for the lots themselves, but that's just me. Spray the lots before any Sims move in and it's free!

Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Wouldn't aliens in their space ships visit the moon as well as earth to abduct people who look through telescopes at night?

The aliens might even have a base set up on the moon, just so they can use it as a staging area for their frequent raids on Earth. It wouldn't be all that practical to go 10 light years all the way back to Chiron Beta Prime every time they run out of food or need to take a bathroom break, after all.
Page 2 of 7