Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The ADHD Trait 2.0 (RE-WORKED & UPDATED!!)

by o0ohaleyo0o Posted 25th Sep 2015 at 1:12 AM - Updated 11th May 2016 at 2:29 PM by o0ohaleyo0o : Testing updates

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 1:31 AM
I would suggest (if this is possible) rather than ADHD sims never able to get a focused moodlet the can only get +3 focused moodlets. This would reflect the tendency of real people with ADHD having trouble focusing in general but being able to hyperfocus on tasks that interest them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 4:40 PM
would you be making an autism or dyspraxia mod?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 6:08 PM
oh boy the next thing i need to make a real, real , real, real life me is the autism or aspergers trait i could make one having aspergers myself but every person with that form of autism is different but anyway ADHD has always been the biggest bane of my life im 32 now and well the creative aspect always comes out when i play the sims lol so really this was something i had to have
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 10:36 PM
Wow - this fits so many people I know!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 12:01 AM
I'm favoriting this, because I got ADHD myself.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 12:32 AM
cool. and air-brofist too, another lamp!
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bibliophage413
I would suggest (if this is possible) rather than ADHD sims never able to get a focused moodlet the can only get +3 focused moodlets. This would reflect the tendency of real people with ADHD having trouble focusing in general but being able to hyperfocus on tasks that interest them.

I tend to agree with this post. Maybe if a person with ADHD has enough interest in something they could get focused but maybe the focus is easily disrupted or maybe for not long. Either way I agree.
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 4:25 PM
Default Aspergers
Quote: Originally posted by Bocaan
oh boy the next thing i need to make a real, real , real, real life me is the autism or aspergers trait i could make one having aspergers myself but every person with that form of autism is different but anyway ADHD has always been the biggest bane of my life im 32 now and well the creative aspect always comes out when i play the sims lol so really this was something i had to have

There is already an Aspergers Trait.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 4:30 PM
I'm downloading it now. I'll be a tester.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 3:21 AM
As someone with ADHD, i find this hilarious!
I never even realized or thought about it fitting a trait in The Sims
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 2:18 PM
Default trait
Quote: Originally posted by HomestuckYoBro
would you be making an autism or dyspraxia mod?

there is one, i cant remeber where but i have got the aspergers syndrome trait ( so i can make my simself)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 3:04 PM
This is too real and I'm so glad you made this. :'D Now I can make my self-sim more realistic.
This is so much better than those "insane" traits in the games. Thank you.

Since there are different forms of ADHD, I'd maybe recommend refining and splitting off some alternative versions later, but I'm so glad for this.
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silentstarsxxx
there is one, i cant remeber where but i have got the aspergers syndrome trait ( so i can make my simself)

oh cool, it sucks you forgot though
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 10:20 PM
this is cool i have adhd
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 3:11 PM
Any chance of an OCD trait mod?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 7:01 PM Last edited by o0ohaleyo0o : 1st Oct 2015 at 7:13 PM. Reason: Added something :P
Quote: Originally posted by bibliophage413

Thanks for your suggestion! That totally slipped my mind. As someone who suffers from ADHD, I was thinking more about how HARD it can be for me to focus, I completely forgot that sometimes when I CAN focus, I DO hyperfocus. I will see if I can add your suggestion! It's my first trait so I am not 100% savvy with the program. Someone also mentioned how there are sort of different types of ADHD, and that I could possibly branch off into the different kinds of them, I based this one off my own ADHD, however I'm really interested in doing branches now or "types". I appreciate all of your feedback and suggestions!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gunchapred
Any chance of an OCD trait mod?

Absolutely! I'll start working on that one today!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kldg0991
I'm downloading it now. I'll be a tester.

Thank you! Please let me know of any incompatibilities so that I can either try to fix them or warn people (LOL). You can let me know via the comments or a PM. :P
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 8:51 PM
I think the programing should not be as slow because I know a lot of programmers that are Adhd. ADHD people for me are really in to computers and such.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 2:45 AM
At first I was worried, because I have ADHD, and was worried this was a mod made by someone who didn't have it, but I'm relieved to see it's made by someone who actually understands what it's like to have it. Just a suggestion-- make the videogaming skill increase faster. I'm pretty sure a lot of people with ADHD enjoy gaming as it gives you something to focus on whilst moving.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 2:53 AM
I agree as well as the programing because computers move as fast as ADHD brains do.

Quote: Originally posted by yangerang
At first I was worried, because I have ADHD, and was worried this was a mod made by someone who didn't have it, but I'm relieved to see it's made by someone who actually understands what it's like to have it. Just a suggestion-- make the video gaming skill increase faster. I'm pretty sure a lot of people with ADHD enjoy gaming as it gives you something to focus on whilst moving.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LivB08
I'm favoriting this, because I got ADHD myself.

my little sister does, too! :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 9:59 AM
Great work!
I'm also very interested in your upcoming traits. Especially de dominant and submissive trait. I do have this couple who could use these traits as he is the criminal type who doesn't care about anything. And she is the type that no guy was interested in, happy to have a relationship at all and doing anything to keep him. Yeah, I know... it's eww... she should leave him but she never would do that. ;-)
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 12:34 AM
Default Great Idea
Another idea with focus, and learning,

people with ADHD tend to be hyper-focused when watching TV or on the computer/Videogames. It might be good to give them an increase in skills from learning by watching TV like the cooking channel or the fishing channel or whatever computer games are available that give skills.

They learn better with one on one tutoring, so maybe a decent %increase when being mentored by someone on school and skills.

This will at least make it not impossible for ADHD sims to learn. They just need to find the alternative learning methods that we really use in real life.

You should make an "Ooooh shiny!" buff, that would be so funny
Page 1 of 3