Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 3:42 AM
It looks like Im going to let the elder live out her elder years after all. She's been through a rough time in her adult years...here she is attending her only child's wedding. So Sweet!

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1

But if you really want to kill them off you could try putting pitfalls around your neighbourhood. In my megahood I have traps sims can fall into, some of which are fatal. Things like a serial killer, gangsters, a rogue psychiatrist, a religious cult, a coven of vampires. Or maybe find a way to infect them with an illness? That would work well in a residential home setting, it could be some kind of outbreak that swept through the place.

how do you do all that?

Some of it with ingame features, some with mods. To give a few examples:

My serial killer befriends sims, then eventually asks them to move in at which point she gets their money. She also empties their inventory, and uses that skill stealing thingy to steal their skills. She owns a bit of waste ground in a remote part of the megahood that she uses to dump her victims. All that can be done with a vanilla game.

The gangsters offer loans and favours, which of course, mean that sims become indebted to them which can be problematic for them. That does require some mods, eg: I use a hacked computer to offer loans and downloaded some guns from (I think) Simwardrobe.

The rogue psychiatrist was inspired by American Horror Story (I get a lot of ideas from film, tv and books), basically he kidnaps sims, locks them up in his asylum and studies them. I use a teleporter to add them to the lot, and the in game door locking system to stop them leaving. They can get out, either by keeping their motives consistently high for one season, or by being rescued by a family member but in that case money usually needs to change hands.

Oh, and I do have some good guys too. I have a police force, some kindly nuns who double up as vampire hunters, and a friendly vicar, the Reverend Virtuous Lovelybloke. They all work to combat the forces of darkness.

ETA: My nuns were also inspired by tv, I got the idea while watching Call the Midwife. Initially, I was going to make them similar to those nuns but the idea of Sister Evangelina hunting vampires amused me

You lied to meā€¦There is a Swansea!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 5:48 PM
You could try the heirloom cake here. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm

When you want an elder to die, just click the cake and they will die of old age. Also allows you to age up any sim or pet.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Mad Poster
#30 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Keep an elevator on the property and no staircase. Your Sims will be dying and fearing elevators.

If only! I had a broken elevator (sparking) and kept making a sim go up and down - nothing. Had a pregnant sim "fall" - but she only came out dizzy (?). Never had a sim die from satellite or ghost either.
Page 2 of 2