Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#51 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 8:49 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 13th Nov 2015 at 1:46 PM.
Oh and if you have to reinstall everything from disk and have a base game version that is older than 2012, in order to get yourselves back to 1.67 it might be a good idea to not allow each installer to install EADM (precursor of Origin) or Origin. Every disk you install will ask you to install EADM/Origin. I think to remember it is just a box that you will have to untick to ensure that it will not install. It can be missed easily.

(Another idea might be to
(1) Install The Sims in a separate folder (like "Games") on your harddrive and not the default location for programs
(2) If you do so you will have to create the folders for the game and each EP manually in that new location; the installers will not do so. Take the names for the folders from how the installer would call them, create it manually in your new Games/Electronic Arts directory and tell the installer to install it in there.)
Advertisement
#52 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 8:57 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 13th Nov 2015 at 1:17 PM.
Sorry for the double post, but this one's for patch news that I gather here and there:

From Chain_Reaction at NRaas Industries:
Quote:
No XML changes so all existing XML tuning mods are compatible. Still working on the core.

and
Quote:
@Everyone All the mods here are fine save for ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey. ErrorTrap is safe to use with the patch despite the warning, UntranslatedKey might break your launcher but should not bother the game. There are no core changes that will break any other mod that I can see except core mods that replace the SimIFace DLL (and UntranslatedKey is the only I know of).

If anyone is curious, mods can still be compiled against the 1.67 DLL's on our Github and work on 1.69. Those will remain unchanged although I may push a SimIFace update in the future.

A version that should stop the core mismatch error of ET is available here (let me know if it doesn't, EA messed up the build numbers): Update History Testing

I will continue to release 1.67 and 1.69 versions of ET. 1.67 will remain the official supported version in our Mod Updater. All the other mods released in the future can be assumed to be compatible with 1.67 and 1.69.

and
Quote:
Unless the engine was modified (which I doubt but can't check) the game should perform the same as 1.67 - it's the exact same code.

Source
Theorist
#53 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 10:43 AM
I assumed the was just regular update from origin and didn't know it was to the launcher or the game itself . I dont want to mess up my game is there a way to get rid of this with out reinstalling the whole game?
Instructor
#54 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 12:53 PM
They broke Create A World!?!?!?

*breathes deeply*

This doesn't surprise me, but it still stings. What does our beloved CAW have to do with selecting EPs? Did it offend EA with its ability to let players create actual neighborhoods and worlds, whereas in TS4 we are at their mercy for new land and lot types?
Screenshots

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Inventor
#55 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
Yes, I removed all the folders before the update... Then, after the update, I put my folders back in...

This may be your problem. Only put back in what is inside of the following folders that you had saved, Mods, Collections, DCBackup, DCCache, Downloads, Installed Worlds, Library, SavedSims and Saves folders, but don't delete what was added to those folders from the patch. Some of the new folders created may have stuff in them that was written over by the patch. You may even need to re-install all CC bought from the EA Store so that they are installed correctly in the game.

The NRaas mods will all still work with your game after the patch. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/76212743 Even the Errortrap and Untranslated Key core mods will work, but they will throw version errors which you can ignore. The Errortrap mod already has a new testing version out to work with the patch. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History+Testing

*I just saw where the NRaas post was quoted above, but I'll leave my post the way it is in case it helps.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Instructor
#56 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 1:24 PM
Err hang on, this is making me anxious. I'll probably need to get a new computer soon, so that means a complete re-install and I only own the digital versions, does that mean when the time comes there is no way to install the game on patch 1.67?
Anxious because they said it's not compatible with CAW and I don't trust that they'll actually fix it. Also, screeeew the launcher and Origin!

And what about CC Magic? Would that still work with the new patch?
#57 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by no.1froggie
I assumed the was just regular update from origin and didn't know it was to the launcher or the game itself . I dont want to mess up my game is there a way to get rid of this with out reinstalling the whole game?
As far as I know reinstalling and then downloading and applying the 1.67 SuperPatcher manually is your only option to roll back to 1.67.
The manual patch file (it's 1.62 GB) can be found here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:TS3_Patching
Instructor
#58 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
As far as I know reinstalling and then downloading and applying the 1.67 SuperPatcher manually is your only option to roll back to 1.67.
The manual patch file (it's 1.62 GB) can be found here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:TS3_Patching

Oh, well this answers my question too. That doesn't seem so bad then.
#59 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
Oh, well this answers my question too. That doesn't seem so bad then.
Hm, I'm not sure if this applies to the digital versions, too. It depends on whether Origin always only ships the latest version or whether it installs an older version and then patches it afterwards.
Crinrict on the official forum is probably the one who can answer that question properly.
Instructor
#60 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 2:07 PM
Hm, I'm not sure if this applies to the digital versions, too. It depends on whether Origin always only ships the latest version or whether it installs an older version and then patches it afterwards.
Crinrict on the official forum is probably the one who can answer that question properly.

Oh I see. So if it installs the new version straight up then you can't roll back with a superpatch? I don't know much about patching even thought I probably should.. it's never been an issue for me before so...
I'll go check out Crinrict's threads - thanks anyhoo!

Honestly though, this patch is totally unnecessary. I bet they're really eager to see the stats on people playing older Sims games and this was a way to do it.
Theorist
#61 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 2:20 PM

My computer started acting up shortly after that darn update so I tried a system restore and it took the game back to 1.67 and my computer seems to be running properly again. I have no intentions of doing that update again and will try to avoid it completely.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~

Basically.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 3:53 PM
Thanks everyone for updates. HarVee was correct, I'm not affected (Mac) but I am sad for everyone affected by this and also for the fact that CAW is now broken. I hope that gets fixed or else those who have already patched can no longer create custom worlds anymore.

What a mess..almost as if EA is TRYING to mess up its seemingly more popular competitor to Sims 4..thinking as if I were a conspiracy minded person, which I TRY not to be.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
dodgy builder
#64 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 4:27 PM
It's amazing how many f*** up decitions one company can make. They must be really eager at keeping pirates out. I'm glad I have it on old discs, but I may have an issue there with how many times I can install from them. I'll have to keep my eyes open and make sure not to click on the wrong option when I open it again.

Thanks for the updates everyone, and to those who struggle with the game now and can tell us how it works. Don't lose faith I'm sure a solution will pop up from the community for you. They will probably solve the EIG/CAW issue as well.
One Minute Ninja'd
#65 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 5:14 PM
Folks, other than the usual trepidation about accepting anything EA offers in the way of a "helpful" update, but really, even with the best info available, why would you ever apply a patch on Friday the 13th anyway?

Oh, and @Don_Babilon, I see you have a new title. Congrats!
#66 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 6:04 PM
I started to get Game freeze yesterday. It happened again today. Anyone else getting game freeze?
Instructor
#68 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 6:35 PM
Does this "update" have any affect on your game if you only have physical copies? I mean if/ and when at some point I have to re-install TS3 do I have to get this update or can I just use the SuperPatcher to get the 1.67? I always bypass the Launcher anyways so I rarely get to deal with it.
#69 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Folks, other than the usual trepidation about accepting anything EA offers in the way of a "helpful" update, but really, even with the best info available, why would you ever apply a patch on Friday the 13th anyway?

Oh, and @Don_Babilon, I see you have a new title. Congrats!
Thanks! Part of the deal was that I got rid of that ugly _, so I didn't get your mention as a PM, btw
#70 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
Does this "update" have any affect on your game if you only have physical copies? I mean if/ and when at some point I have to re-install TS3 do I have to get this update or can I just use the SuperPatcher to get the 1.67? I always bypass the Launcher anyways so I rarely get to deal with it.
According to Chain_reaction at NRaas the code is exactly the same as 1.67, so unless you want to participate in the wonderful world of Origin nothing will have changed and you can remain unpatched.
It is still unclear, at least to me, whether this will have any effect on the Store or the Exchange. Both require the Launcher and I have seen mixed reports on whether people were still able to download from there or not.
Theorist
#71 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Basically origin is a spywarez and this update just put a trojan in your system.

Not sure if that's funny lol kinda is but in my case I did the update yesterday and my computer was messed up afterwards so I really wouldn't doubt it putting something on my computer that it shouldn't have lol
dodgy builder
#73 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I'm glad I have it on old discs, but I may have an issue there with how many times I can install from them.

Congrats to Don Babs for the new title. Hope it serves you well.
Theorist
#74 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 4:06 PM
I did not update. In fact, I uninstalled Origin because I wasn't willing to take any chances.

I boot the game with a TS3W.exe shortcut that I run through a FPS Limiter bat file. But last evening I opened the launcher to install some kitchen counters that I found on TSR. The launcher now looks different. It does not have the new functionality, but the layout is now different. Sorry I didn't get a screenshot of it. But the main thing was that I was unable to install anything. I kept getting "the sims 3 has stopped responding". I second time I tried I disconnected from the Internet and still had the same error.

So then I became afraid that my game was affected so I started it up through my shortcut and I also got the same error. After a few tries I took out some package files that were new additions and cleared my caches. Then my game started fine (it did CTD after playing but that happened occasionally before so not sure it's related). I then started up the launcher and was able to install the counters.

I don't think that I had changed any mods or anything, and even if I did it should not have resulted in the 'stopped responding' error. So I'm not sure why I had to clear caches to get the launcher and game to work. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#75 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 4:25 PM
So I want it all. I want to be able to play both Sims 3 and Sims Medieval (purchased through Origin) on the same computer. I'm not too freaked out by Origin itself, but I don't like what this patch has done to my Sims 3 game (ie made it unplayable).

For Sims 3, I want to : Use CAW; Install Store Content (I'm still grinding for points); Use NRAAS Mods

For Sims Medieval, I want to play the game and patch through the last patch.
Page 3 of 6