Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 1:09 AM
Brandi Broke. I picture her being a devoted mother, but it never works out that way. My current Brandi plays favorites with her kids. She is indifferent, at best, to Dustin, in all of the reboots. In one the latest version of Pleasantview, Dustin wanted to learn to study, so he asked her for homework help, and she turned him down. Beau went to college and she rolled wants to call him every day. She never wanted to call her three younger boys.

I don't like the dynamic in the Grunt household, but the boys are all okay once they move out.

My least favorite townie is Kennedy Cox.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Brandi Broke. I picture her being a devoted mother, but it never works out that way. My current Brandi plays favorites with her kids. She is indifferent, at best, to Dustin, in all of the reboots. In one the latest version of Pleasantview, Dustin wanted to learn to study, so he asked her for homework help, and she turned him down. Beau went to college and she rolled wants to call him every day. She never wanted to call her three younger boys.

I don't like the dynamic in the Grunt household, but the boys are all okay once they move out.

My least favorite townie is Kennedy Cox.

I hate Veronaville and its residents. I don't like Shakespeare and its based off him. UGH! I almost want to kill all of them. I agree with the Grunt household BTW
Alchemist
#28 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 2:20 AM
currently have just base game.

do not dislike any premade character.
only characters I do not play are the ones the Prima Guide calls "non-social".
Meet Me In My Next Life
#29 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 3:46 AM
I don't care for the Caliente sisters Dina and Nina, I think it's because of her wanting to trap down a rich man like old Goth, Nina I can deal with she not so bad, until she get with her sister Dina then they both act like two peas in the pot.
Maybe I should have never pay much attention about what Maxis said about them when I first started playing the Sims, I think that what started me not caring much about them.
Every one of my Sims in Pleasantview have upgraded to a new home, accept those two sister Dina and Nina I don't seem to care much for them. Oh well I'll sure not all simmers feel as I do about them.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#30 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 7:02 PM
I LOVE playing premades, mainly Plesantview/Strangetown megahood.

My least favourite has to be the Beakers. I just can't get down with their story at all. It my current megahood story Nervous trapped Loki in the underground basment bit whilst Circe was at work, and used the oppurtunity to escape back to his Mothers. Circe came home to find Loki starved to death, she was pregnant at the time. In mourning she spent the rest of her pregnancy in solitude in her big creepy mansion. Baby Lucas was born in the middle of a huge house fire created by a distracted Circe. Circe quickly died after childbirth and baby Lucas was adopted by the Smith family.

My least favourite in Plesantview is the Burbs- just so boring!

My all time favourite I have to say is Don, i agree with previous comments that he is such a complex character, and a wonderful father if given the chance. In my current game he has one daughter with Nina who he pays child support for and visits regualry. Then there is two more on the way Kaylyn the maid is expecting to give birth soon (shes living with Daniel Pleasant and thinks it is his baby!) and Jessie Peilferson who he is engaged to has also just found out she is pregnant. Despite his many romaces Dons heart actually lies with Bella Goth- who recently arrived back at the Goth manor with severe amnesia and confusion and is being taken care of by Mortimer, Don is worried Mortimer will find out about their secret mettings but can't seem to keep away from the mysterious Bella.

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I have no problem with premades in general, but also find Veronaville hard to play. (And I actually liked Romeo and Juliet in high school )
Somebody does not like Chester Gieke?????
As a lover of Veronaville and all things Veronavillian, I have to admit that it's hard to play if you only have the pre-made playables. There is a problem with Tarlia's Veronaville because she removed all the townies. Without them you get a lot of Capps and Montys every time you visit a community lot. Since they hate each other, they start fighting, and the feud just keeps getting worse and worse. Just having the townies there too gives a much richer mix of characters. It gives the town a more "normal" feel -- most of its inhabitants aren't fighting each other! I love Veronaville, but I find it hard to imagine it without my CAS Sims and the townies (and ex-townies). Veronaville really needs townies or CAS Sims or both. So perhaps I'm fortunate in that I'm still playing the original Maxis version and I have all the townies. To be honest I've found the Veronaville townies, especially the teens, a fascinating group of characters.

If you do want to play Veronaville and make it bearable, and use Tarlia's template, I have all the Veronaville townies (except Keith Cormier) available to download on my LJ (see my signature for the link). If you want them to have the same personalities that they have in the Maxis, you can check them all on the (Wikia) Wiki. The reason Keith Cormier isn't included is that he's currently suffering from severe acne, and, if I exported him in his current condition, I fear it would become a hereditary malady! Once his acne has properly cleared up I'll create a safe copy of him and share him.

Chester Gieke is still in the family bin in my game, but I'm sure he'll fit in. There are a few other nerdy geeky types in and around Veronaville who should get on well with him. Andrew, with his ambition to be a mad scientist, should like him.
=========================
As for the original question, initially I disliked the Capp males (Consort, Tybalt, Cornwall and Albany) because of their nasty personalities and the way they behaved. However Tybalt and Consort have really grown on me since, and I'm prepared to give Cornwall and Albany a chance too. Tybalt has become quite a sweetie since he became best friends with Romeo -- it took Romeo a while to get used to that! Apart from Tybalt, none of them are Capps by birth; it seems the Capp women have a penchant for marrying nasty men.

I wouldn't say I disliked them, but I do have problems with some of the Strangetown characters. It's the reason why I still haven't finished my first rotation there. Buzz Grunt I can cope with. I even feel a bit sorry for him as even Tank seems to be starting to pay more attention to Ripp than to him. The Beakers are not the most sympathetic characters, but I know Peni has played them positively, and I hope I can too. But Olive!?? What on earth can I do with her? The only way I know to play a Sim is sympathetically: I try to see things from their point of view and give them the benefit of the doubt. But how on earth do I do that with Olive? All those poor Sims buried in her garden? To say nothing of her unnatural as dalliance with Death? In an earlier age she'd have been burned as a witch. And, in her case, perhaps with good reason?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
But Olive!?? What on earth can I do with her? The only way I know to play a Sim is sympathetically: I try to see things from their point of view and give them the benefit of the doubt. But how on earth do I do that with Olive? All those poor Sims buried in her garden? To say nothing of her unnatural as dalliance with Death? In an earlier age she'd have been burned as a witch. And, in her case, perhaps with good reason?

Well, if you've ever been curious about the Grim Reaper scenario, letting her die seems to be more a reunion with her lover than a sadness.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:13 PM
As a lover of Veronaville and all things Veronavillian, I have to admit that it's hard to play if you only have the pre-made playables. There is a problem with Tarlia's Veronaville because she removed all the townies. Without them you get a lot of Capps and Montys every time you visit a community lot. Since they hate each other, they start fighting, and the feud just keeps getting worse and worse. Just having the townies there too gives a much richer mix of characters. It gives the town a more "normal" feel -- most of its inhabitants aren't fighting each other! I love Veronaville, but I find it hard to imagine it without my CAS Sims and the townies (and ex-townies). Veronaville really needs townies or CAS Sims or both. So perhaps I'm fortunate in that I'm still playing the original Maxis version and I have all the townies. To be honest I've found the Veronaville townies, especially the teens, a fascinating group of characters.

If you do want to play Veronaville and make it bearable, and use Tarlia's template, I have all the Veronaville townies (except Keith Cormier) available to download on my LJ (see my signature for the link). If you want them to have the same personalities that they have in the Maxis, you can check them all on the (Wikia) Wiki. The reason Keith Cormier isn't included is that he's currently suffering from severe acne, and, if I exported him in his current condition, I fear it would become a hereditary malady! Once his acne has properly cleared up I'll create a safe copy of him and share him.

Chester Gieke is still in the family bin in my game, but I'm sure he'll fit in. There are a few other nerdy geeky types in and around Veronaville who should get on well with him. Andrew, with his ambition to be a mad scientist, should like him.
=========================
As for the original question, initially I disliked the Capp males (Consort, Tybalt, Cornwall and Albany) because of their nasty personalities and the way they behaved. However Tybalt and Consort have really grown on me since, and I'm prepared to give Cornwall and Albany a chance too. Tybalt has become quite a sweetie since he became best friends with Romeo -- it took Romeo a while to get used to that! Apart from Tybalt, none of them are Capps by birth; it seems the Capp women have a penchant for marrying nasty men.

I wouldn't say I disliked them, but I do have problems with some of the Strangetown characters. It's the reason why I still haven't finished my first rotation there. Buzz Grunt I can cope with. I even feel a bit sorry for him as even Tank seems to be starting to pay more attention to Ripp than to him. The Beakers are not the most sympathetic characters, but I know Peni has played them positively, and I hope I can too. But Olive!?? What on earth can I do with her? The only way I know to play a Sim is sympathetically: I try to see things from their point of view and give them the benefit of the doubt. But how on earth do I do that with Olive? All those poor Sims buried in her garden? To say nothing of her unnatural as dalliance with Death? In an earlier age she'd have been burned as a witch. And, in her case, perhaps with good reason?

Chester is a lovely guy. He has a lot of nice points and he is playful too. He gets on with everyone, He is a Libra.
I like Olive myself. She is, in my mind, not guilty of murder; she was set up by the Beakers after all their pre-Nervous experiments had died. Yet everyone believes that she is a murderer, and the Beakers have probably altered her memories, so she is lost between Life and Death. (My personal soapie)
Mad Poster
#34 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:13 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 30th Nov 2015 at 1:31 PM.
If I had the original Maxis Strangetown, I'd be very tempted to just leave aging on and let her die after a day, but Tarlia gave her 8 days to live, and, if I've got to play her for 8 days, then I really have to play her properly. If I killed her, I feel I'd be bringing myself down to her level. I'd like to forgive her, but the evidence of the terrible suffering she's caused is right there in here garden. Honestly, Don Lothario, Daniel Pleasant and even Buzz Grunt are saints in comparison. (Don cites all the pleasure he's given to the Pleasantview ladies who love him!)

Maybe I'll build a little mission church in Strangetown and see of some clerical Sim can come up with a theological solution.

[EDIT] Just read justpetro's post, which crossed with mine. So the Beakers killed them all, and got Olive to bury them in her garden. That would get Olive off the hook, though it makes the Beakers darker than ever. Maybe Strangetown is just too dark for me! I shall get back to playing it some time and try to work something out.

(I still have to play the Beakers and Olive for the first time. ...And the Smiths too, though they should be easy to play in comparison. I have Squinge's No More Hauntings mod, so there should be no ghosts in the Spectre home; Olive maybe deserves to be scared by them, but I'm sure poor Ophelia doesn't.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:23 PM
I also play Tarlia's version. A clerical Sim could perhaps help, but (I don't know if you have Uni, Andrew?) the paranormal career leads to a top position of Cult Leader. Maybe Olive should become one
Scholar
#36 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:48 PM
But Olive!?? What on earth can I do with her? The only way I know to play a Sim is sympathetically: I try to see things from their point of view and give them the benefit of the doubt. But how on earth do I do that with Olive? All those poor Sims buried in her garden? To say nothing of her unnatural as dalliance with Death? In an earlier age she'd have been burned as a witch. And, in her case, perhaps with good reason?

I also try to play sims sympathetically. How I did it with Olive is this; she didn't kill people out of cold blood; her serial killings were out of fear/anger/necessity. Her first kill, the pizza girl, was an accident; she got mad at her for ruining an order or something like that and in the heat of the argument, she strikes her and the girl died. Olive was shocked and horrified by the whole thing and hid the girl's body in her yard out of fear. She pledged she'd never do it again and had Earl E. Demise not left her, she would have succeeded, but when he jilted her, she once again got into an argument and killed in the heat of the moment. After that, all her killings were to keep her secret safe. Anyone who found out, be it a service sim, a relative, an in-law, a friend or just somebody walking by had to die in order to keep it from getting out. I know that doesn't sound sympathetic, but I see Olive as deeply regretting the murders, especially of her lovers, her sister, Lyla Grunt, and her parents; in her mind, losing Nervous to child services and having to care for Ophelia after killing her parents is her penance for the deaths she caused. Having to keep it all hidden has left her worn out and full of remorse. As for her relationship with Death, I believe after killing so many people, Death was able to meet her many times and so they fell in love.
Scholar
#37 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I have no problem with premades in general, but also find Veronaville hard to play. (And I actually liked Romeo and Juliet in high school )
Somebody does not like Chester Gieke?????

It's not that I don't like him; I just have no use for him and his facial structure is problematic.
Instructor
#38 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by valentine06
Lol I agree about Maxis and their deal with Male family sims and Female adult Romance sims. They just perpetuate the ~if a woman sleeps around she is problematic~ stereotype IMO. I mean they don't do it literally but I just get this subconscious slut-shaming vibe, Idk.

Could this be related as to why in vanilla base games, almost all the outfits for females are short (find 5 good shirts that cover the bellybutton, I dare you). But for males, it is the opposite?Sure, their shirts also go to waist but their pants also reach that high. Female buttons generally just reach the hips, no higher.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:08 PM
Actually, I can't think of any premades I like outside of the sim bin, Pleasantview, and Strangetown. It's as if EA lost the magic that quick for me.

Ultimately, the Least Favorite award goes to the Ottomai. First off, they ship borked unless you patch before loading your 'hood (so Samantha's been cheating on Peter with the doggies, lol.) Not many things give me sensory overload with my Asperger's (especially not sim-related) but the first and only time I played that family did. I hate them soooooooo much.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#40 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:37 PM
In my vanilla, unpatched, unmodded hood, I raised the Ottomas twins, sent them to Uni, where both of them graduated, they they got married and had children, and one was on the verge of becoming a grandfather when my hood finally blew up after four and a half years. They had pretty wives and pretty kids. So I am not much into the "they are borked" thing. I remember noticing them being related to some random townie, but since I seldom look into the family relations panel, I just assume all the Ottomai are related to the same townie .Of course they were fixed in a later patch (which I did not know about at the time) - but so were numerous other things, so I do not think one should hold a mistake by Maxis against the poor family
Forum Resident
#41 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:47 PM
@Justpetro you were actually very lucky that they were just related to a townie. The twins can have ANYONE as a father, ranging from random townies (like you) to women to universal NPCs (like Grim) to even animals as "the father". It's because when putting the Ottomai in a subhood (the sim bin sims come from hidden subhoods), the pregnancy token got borked.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
Forum Resident
#42 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:54 PM
There are several premades I couldn't care less about since I have no relationship to them - especially the Veronaville premades since I've never been interested in playing there, and indifference is worse than dislike, I guess. Otherwise, I'm not too fond of the Grunt family. And I never liked Daniel Pleasant, but at least he made for a good glass of milk

I am Error.
Instructor
#43 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
Could this be related as to why in vanilla base games, almost all the outfits for females are short (find 5 good shirts that cover the bellybutton, I dare you). But for males, it is the opposite?Sure, their shirts also go to waist but their pants also reach that high. Female buttons generally just reach the hips, no higher.

Does it count if they are the same shirt in different colors?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 4:01 AM
My least favorite premades has to be all the Strangetown characters. I dunno why. I can play atleast a few rotations on every other neighborhood but Strangetown. I guess I've just never been into the idea of Aliens, plus the fact that Bella Goth is there and doesn't remember a thing is just disappointing. I've thought about intergrating Aliens into my hood using my crazy science Sim but I really don't know yet. I've never truly explored the idea and the unknown doesn't always end well on the Sims.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 9:36 AM
@AmandieLove - Yes, perhaps I was lucky. However, you have to mean they "could" have ANYONE as a father. Since the problem has been solved in a patch, it is not truly applicable anymore.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 7:25 PM
@Justpetro agreed. I meant before the game was patched, and in any hoods that were loaded at any time before the game was patched (even when loaded again in a patched game).

Mad Poster
#47 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 7:30 PM
Understood - yet I honestly had a lot of fun with those twins
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 3:23 AM
I'm playing Riverblossom Hills, and I've been consistently bored by Morty Roth, Jason Greenman, and Alexandra O'Mackey. I think they all start out in the Adventurer career track so maybe I have trouble relating to that.

Morty is just so dull (and has the exact same personality as his son Xander). His wife, Stella, is more interesting because she's a snobby social climber. I had her befriend the neighborhood vampire because the vampire is a countess. Then Stella influenced the vampire to bite Morty under the theory that would make him an aristocrat, too. However, Morty was the world's most boring vampire, so I didn't mind when he died from sunlight exposure and/or starvation.

I dislike Jason Greenman a lot because he seems creepy to me. Rose left him right away, and I then tried every single thing I could think of to make him less horrible. Different careers, different outfits, different aspirations, nothing worked. Finally I decided to make him a hermit and kill him off as soon as his niece was old enough to inherit his house. He quit his job, went bald, and grew a huge beard. Somehow that helped my boredom, so he's still alive, puttering around the house, cleaning and fixing things, gardening, and making robots for his niece and her husband.

Alexandra O'Mackey -- again, I've given her every makeover and job but nothing makes me care about her. Finally I turned her into a witch, and she's the first witch I've ever played, but I STILL don't like playing her. Maybe that will change as her evil powers increase.
Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 7:39 PM
I can't stand any of the Bluewater Village premades, with the exception of Malcolm (though I've been playing around with Gilbert Jacquet lately and he's growing on me). The Ramirezs I've only enjoyed playing once, and that was when both the parents died in a fire and the Travellers adopted Tessa. I find most of the Riverblossom Hills premades boring, and I never play Veronaville because I keep telling myself I'll do it once I get around to reading more Shakespeare.

I'm also not big on many of the various University premades, particularly the ones who aren't in dorms - I only play uni with big dorms and big households to churn them through quickly, I don't have the attention span to focus on a single-sim household for that whole time. If I'm feeling generous I'll merge the smaller households in the bin into a dorm together. Stella Terrano is my wife, though.

The Pleasants and the Grunts I don't like because the whole abusive family dynamic strikes a bit of a nerve with me. I tend to move Lilith in with her grandparents as soon as I load the household rather than give her parents or sister the chance to slap her.

I hate all the Ottomai except for Sharla. I usually give her a knowledge or fortune aspiration - most of my hoods she ends up as a rich, childless lesbian. If I do play the whole family I usually end Samantha's pregnancy and let them die out without reproducing. I like all the Tricous (dead ones too) except for the blonde goth guy with the borked face template.

I love love love Strangetown. I do find the Smiths a little boring, though.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#50 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 11:11 PM
I always had a dislike for Don Lothario- after all, he is in competition with Sim Sample! So, when I had Sim take up hairdressing, I saw an opportunity for him to get ahead in the Pleasantview romance stakes:

Page 2 of 3