Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 9:38 PM
Default Perfume - Do your Sims use it?
Perfume is one of those things that I like exists, but I always forget to use. A lot of couples will gift perfume to each other in early stages of dating, but I never actually use it. I'm curious if others use it, and if so, how often? Which Sims? How do you remember to? Do they do it at special occasions, or all the time?

I also wonder if anyone knows how many uses you get out of one bottle of perfume. Because I so rarely remember to use it, I really don't know.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 10:23 PM
perfume is not in my game; currently have just base game.
is it something added with some pack or is it a mod/hack?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 10:26 PM
To answer the question In one word:

No.

It's one of those things I know is there but have never used it. Sometimes I'll create a Sim with perfume as a turn-on or turn-off so that they're attracted to less or more Sims due to those traits. I haven't even removed the displays from the community lots with them, so I imagine displays with ages-old unpurchased perfume in them. (Even though community lots load fresh every single time.)

Edit @mdsb759: Yes, Nightlife expansion, and by extension Sims 2 Deluxe Edition which included the base game, Nightlife and the Celebration Stuff pack.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 10:27 PM
It's Maxis, but no idea which EP it came with mdsb759. There are custom ones too, but not sure if they require the EP or not. I'm guessing it's Nightlife, since there is a turn on/off for it, and it added lots of community lot stuff.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 10:29 PM
Nope. I have tried it out on sims to see what it did, but I haven't bothered with it after.
It came with NL, along with the game racks and clothing racks.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 11:11 PM
It doesn't really last long enough to have much of an effect.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#7 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 11:39 PM
I made a sim buy some once when I first got Nightlife but I haven't bothered since. And like Maxon said, it doesn't last long enough to be useful.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 11:43 PM
Nope. Only 1 Sim in my current game has bought it and that was Jennifer Burb because she rolled a want. I use to put it on her every day but then I forgot. Meh ohwell.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 11:47 PM
I sell it in my boutique but don't often have them use it. I figure it makes a nice gift.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#10 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 12:04 AM
I love the whole perfume feature of the game, I often make it one of my sims turn ons. Trouble is, I wish there were more bottle designs. I know they are about, but the few I've tried sims don't interact with properly (though admittedly I probably got those from TSR).

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Scholar
#11 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 12:26 AM Last edited by ieta_cassiopeia : 28th Nov 2015 at 4:20 PM.
I don't use perfume for its originally-intended purpose. Perfume in my game is for decoration or gifting.

Edited to add: I forgot that I also occasionally used it for vampire sunblock, back when I had playable vampires (it's been about 18 months since I had a playable vampire in the game).
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 12:29 AM
Way overpriced for a one-use bottle. I've used it very occasionally, but sims have to be rich to afford it regularly. It's one of the turn-ons I don't like to use for just that reason.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 12:51 AM
Oh right, it's one use only. I forgot that I have a mod that adds more than one uses, whoops!

Scholar
#14 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 12:59 AM
I use it for owned businesses. I never actually have any Sims wear it.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 12:59 AM
Link https://www.modthesims.info/d/523273 300 sprays and no swirling flowers makes the perfume a usable item.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#16 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I sell it in my boutique but don't often have them use it. [strike]I figure it makes a nice gift.[/strike]

My clothing store owner sells perfumes but I don't use perfume as turn on/turn off in my game and the bottles usually stay in the inventory. :p
Mad Poster
#17 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 1:56 AM
Perfume - Do my Sims use it?

Not yet. To be honest it's something I haven't thought of. But I'll make a mental note for the future.

Now I'm wondering who would use it, and the obvious answer is April Hutchins, the Romance ex-townie who is busy seducing Consort Capp. She wears the most seductive clothing I can find, so why would she not use perfume too? It may be expensive, but if it helps you hook a Sim as rich as Consort, it must be worth it!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 2:08 AM
I never give perfume as a turn off or on because I would never remember. Given as a gift I might have a lady use some before going out on a date.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It doesn't really last long enough to have much of an effect.

Strange as this sounds, I just tried it the other day. I haven't tried it in the nine years I've played the game.

I have to admit that after all this, using the perfume was underwhelming. It lasted such a short time! If my real-life scents lasted only moments, I'd probably pour the stuff down the sink.

That mod might help, though I have to consider whether I'm going to use the perfume all that much. Thanks, joandsarah77!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Alchemist
#20 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 4:17 AM
What happens when you use it? I didn't know there was usable perfume in the game.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Perfume is one of those things that I like exists, but I always forget to use.

Yes. XD
Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 7:51 AM
Sometimes my Sims buy and use perfume, other times they do not (depends on my mood, not theirs).
Forum Resident
#23 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 8:50 AM
I dislike perfume in real life and strong smells make me cough, so no perfume for my sims.
Scholar
#24 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 11:23 AM
Well, my romance sims love perfume! :D
And with the mod they can use it more often - thanks for linking it!
Theorist
#25 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I never give perfume as a turn off or on because I would never remember. Given as a gift I might have a lady use some before going out on a date.

IRL when someone gives perfume as a gift, one has to give him/her a coin/piece back. I don't know if it's a French thing or a French Indies one.
Page 1 of 2