Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So I downloaded a hood deco sky thingy and while it looks good on this side

Have you tried to put it at the very end (one of the four corners) of your neighborhood? I had the same problen but now I can see everything
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 2:47 PM
Gave in. Downloaded everything.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 4:06 AM
I'm a little late, but I did good on my promise and edited curiousB's grass textures to look less green. You can find it at my simblr. If it's still too green for your tastes, I'll make another set.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bob Newbie
Have you tried to put it at the very end (one of the four corners) of your neighborhood? I had the same problen but now I can see everything

I don't see how that would help, it appears that the dome is too small for the size of the hood, but I can certainly try it.

siletka, nice grass, I think a lot of people will use that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 8:21 AM
There's a shadow fix for sims 2 on the loose!

http://simnopke.tumblr.com/post/136.../sim-shadow-fix

Instructor
#57 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blupest
Wait, so those TWO moons will just show up if I use that mod?

Just FYI, the 2 moons are normal to TS2 universe
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#58 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 10:42 AM
I'm not sure why there are three but if it's to do with how dark the shadow is (can't really tell as the pictures are too small for me) I'm grabbing 4 which I think is the palest? It will be good when it's up here and I can ask.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#59 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
I'm a little late, but I did good on my promise and edited curiousB's grass textures to look less green. You can find it at my simblr. If it's still too green for your tastes, I'll make another set.

That is excellent
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#60 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 1:02 PM
I'm liking the new clouds, this has been the first cloud mod to work in my game.

Only issue is the green horizon rim when it should be sea.

I also added some small Island paradise hood deco cabins and they show up in lot view. But on this side the dome wasn't showing, oh well.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#62 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
It's not so much Performance but Appeal, right? At least that's what the last thread seems like.

And I think I'm the only one that wants less realistic sky boxes. :/

I'll try some of the suggestions, like the terrain line in my graphics rules and report back.

No, I would love some for my space hood

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#63 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 9:13 PM
Okay PP, I hope it's the same persons globe since no other I have tried worked.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 9:44 PM
Stupid question about these skyboxes, do they work in sync with the seasons weather / day-and-night cycles?

This is why I've never tried any, I was under the impression they don't respond / sync with the weather and cycles.

Field Researcher
#65 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 11:10 PM
They work fine with weather, and they get dark at night like any other object.
But they're not animated if that's what you mean.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 1:30 AM
It snows, it rains - the sky object doesn't block the weather. I posted a shot a bit back on this thread showing a lot with the sky object installed and it's raining just like normal. It won't animate to go white if it snows but the sky is dark at night.
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Galetasai
Which of the two graphic rules is the best??

You'll have to be more specific. Not sure what you mean.

Instructor
#68 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 10:42 PM
Sorry to come in .. but i really would like if there is a way to fix the float hood decos when we get in the lot? (I mean the CC )

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Undead Molten Llama
#69 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 3:14 AM
it's not just CC stuff that floats. I tried to make the Maxis "Stonehenge" deco not float so that I could use it on a lot for picture-taking purposes because it's nicely not-pixellated in lot view...and failed miserably. Which doesn't mean that it's not possible to do so, so much as I just didn't know what the heck I was doing. There is just something in some of the deco's coding that makes them float. And the floating will adjust if you raise the terrain under it so that, in neighborhood view, it looks like it's poking through the deco. (Which looks equally ridiculous, of course, but I wanted to see if it would work.) But in lot view...Yup, still floating. I drove myself nuts trying to figure out the coding, but I'm just not knowledgeable enough, so I gave up. Maybe someone who IS knowledgeable enough will see this, though.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
it's not just CC stuff that floats. I tried to make the Maxis "Stonehenge" deco not float so that I could use it on a lot for picture-taking purposes because it's nicely not-pixellated in lot view...and failed miserably. Which doesn't mean that it's not possible to do so, so much as I just didn't know what the heck I was doing. There is just something in some of the deco's coding that makes them float. And the floating will adjust if you raise the terrain under it so that, in neighborhood view, it looks like it's poking through the deco. (Which looks equally ridiculous, of course, but I wanted to see if it would work.) But in lot view...Yup, still floating. I drove myself nuts trying to figure out the coding, but I'm just not knowledgeable enough, so I gave up. Maybe someone who IS knowledgeable enough will see this, though.

Actually, I think it's the way the neighbourhood terrain is rendered, not necessarily the object. This is because, as you notice, if you alter the terrain, it improves the appearance on lot. I admit to photoshopping the heck out of some images for Polgannon.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#71 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:24 AM
Oldish thread, I know but...

http://allisas.livejournal.com/

Allisa has amazing graphics in her game and I'd like to have that in mine - it's so perfect!
I hope it's her graphics and not editing...

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#72 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:44 AM
Maybe a tiny bit of editing. At first I was like no that's just her game, but scrolling lower her grass colour looks a bit brighter than natural. Could also be a lighting mod since the inside pictures look brighter than normal as well.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#73 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 11:02 AM
I know this thread has not had a replay for 5 months, but the following can improve the graphics of the Sims 2 a lot.. but it takes some time and you should have some experience with Photoshop or Gimp:
You can retexture the lot imposter! What's that? It's the ugly, pixelated model of a (community) lot that you are not currently visiting. Criquette wrote on his blog how to change the roof texture of a lot, but it also works for all other elements like walls, fences, windows, doors, terrain paint and so on. Beware, whenever you save a lot, the textures will be resetted. But this is still great for community lots that you normally don't save anymore. Here's a picture of my attemp:

And here's how to do it:
http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co.../the-roof-is-on

Criquette also wrote how to improve the brightness of a neighborhood object. See here: http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...the-bright-side

I love the Sims 2 community
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 12:06 PM
Oh good find. You're right about the community lot thing, especially in long-established hoods.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#75 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 12:48 AM Last edited by gazania : 29th Aug 2016 at 2:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ Bob Newbie I like your neighborhood,
@ eliset I like your after pictures

Have anyone try this neighborhood road here? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=545239

Well, I'm looking at all this, and feeling more stoopid (sic) than usual.

Mind you, this is someone who hasn't even done a userstartupcheat file. Ever. I look at the coding and suddenly feel this urge to go for a walk. I mean, it LOOKS easy if you use the Aussie Topenders program. It generates blanks; you fill them in. I guess i could start with just a couple and see how this thing works, then add as I go. I actually don't mind entering cheats in the game, so really, I haven't had a strong urge to try it. But Bob Newbie's code there seems interesting. I don't have any radiance lighting mods in my game. I tried them and I didn't like the results in some scenes.

I use the custom skies in my lots from time to time, and I get this hazy gray foggy thing in the background. I don't mind a foggy hood, but I don't know if I want it all the time. I guess it's just me, though I have no idea WHY it's just me. However, I do slip in the skies file when I want to take pictures, avoiding the horizon.

The Sims shadows always drove me nuts even when they were working right, so I've had them at medium or none for years.

EGADS, those Curious B defaults are part of a pretty hefty file! I suppose I could just pick and choose, though.

I tried the rock defaults but may get rid of them. I'm probably one of the two people here who aren't crazy about them.

I did change the simpleterrain file, but STILL can't see what difference it makes. We toggle it? Doy?

Maxis grass ... I can live with it. I do use the starry sky mod here. While I do see floaters in the background, I try like mad to avoid having those in the picture. I do use the water mod cheat. I love shimmery things.

I did try the default road on MTS, and like it. It does take on snow, and barring an occasional tiny glitch, look really nice. (The Department of Transportation workers in my hoods get a little loopy from all the fruit juice and bubble blowing, that's all.) The lines are nicely lined up, and there is a double line in the middle, which corresponds to what I'd see in single-lane roads in my part of the world. Dashed lines indicate passing zones, and most roads aren't 100% passing zones like you see in the game! I wish we had freshly-paved roads and no potholes all the time in the real world, though (and no lane closures)!

So much for my ever winning in a neighborhood beautification contest. Or a lot one.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 3 of 8