Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fisk's Bar - NO CC

by Zarathustra Posted 21st Dec 2015 at 12:30 AM - Updated 1st Jun 2016 at 2:10 AM by Zarathustra

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 1:18 AM
Very interesting lot with an interesting well written background story. Thank you!
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 1:41 AM
Finally <3 YOU do a small lots so my poor computer can handle it Usually I put your lots like more of an neighborhood deco, never try to play as that would lag a big time.

Love it <3 Thank you so very much
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 3:08 AM
Love this Lot Zara.

Heads up - I have the Australian version of Happy Holidays. For some reason your lot came up with no windows on the top storey. I went into the catalog and found the windows and put them in myself. You might want to mention that if people don't have your version. Apparently they are different. :shrug:

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 3:11 AM Last edited by LilSister : 21st Dec 2015 at 3:12 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Loved your story, it really set the mood of the lot. You did an awesome job, thanks for sharing it with us. Did you build the lot yourself or did you renovate one of the community lots?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 3:29 AM
Kiri, thanks, good to know! I'll mention it... I wonder why they're not considered to be the same window... stupid EAxis.

And Lil Sister, this is all me... I've done some renovations of downtown lots, but never enough of a change that I thought it was worth uploading. I tend to just "perfect" the EAxis lots, instead of changing their substance that much.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 9:44 AM
@Zarathustra Can you please,add front picture of the low during the day as well,it's hard to see it clearly
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 10:23 AM
Love your story telling! Although I think you've been reading too much Dashiell Hammett, or Damon Runyon. I'm glad that I was part of the thread that sparked this lot, too-now my simmies have a good old bar to go to!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 5:05 PM
Very nice- I'm impressed by everything consider there is no CC. Thanks for this.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 7:03 PM
OK, got the day shot up now too!

And FranH, close! Too much Raymond Chandler, more likely!

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 7:12 PM
Sweet! Uhm... Nice! ...no, that's not it either.
Well.. what I mean to say is: You did a great job making a gross and disgusting drinking establishment ("seedy dive bar" doesn't quite encapsulate it all either!)
Your write-up is a lot of fun too! Thanks!

Question - What is inside the little out-building? It looks like hay - but not a 'ground cover' hay. What is it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 7:20 PM
Haha, I get what you're trying to say! It's kind of an interesting undertaking to just use EAxis stuff to make things look rundown and uncared-for... I'm glad folks think this worked!
And assuming you're looking at the dumpster in the back left corner (which is CFE'd down shorter, so it's not really functional, just decorative), there's kind of a mix of cheap, garbage-looking stuff in it... what I think you're probably seeing is the seaweed from BV.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 7:33 PM
Absolutely Beautiful - I mean run down and ugly. Now at last i can bring a proper crime world to me simcity. Your story is going on me tablet to keep me inspired.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 8:19 PM
Oh this was so fun. I loved the intro, it smacked of my fav Mike Hammer novels. Thanks so much for the fun read as well as the super sleazy bar for the rat *and I don't mean the four legged kind* infested side of town. lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:01 PM
Another small lot by you, sweet. This will go really well over in Baskerville near by your other shack.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 5:24 AM
COOOOL!!! I love film noir, and your lots! This'll look great on the wrong side of town, with all my psychosim lots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 9:35 AM
'Nother quality upload, man! You're honestly my favorite creator right now. Great stuff as always!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 1:04 PM
Excellent work :) I have this area where my "trailer trash" Sims live, I think this will go in that area :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 6:28 PM
Wonderful lot! Plenty of evocative detail here. And I love your story too.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 12:16 AM
excellent writing! I enjoyed myself lol
#21 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 4:01 AM
I like your lot a lot, but when my Sims visit your lot they get the super duper hug glitch and it doesn't occur on other lots. Just letting you know.
Demon Sheep
#22 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 6:41 PM
No CC what how what how that... that's brilliant. And the billboard on top! Took me a minute to figure out how you did that. Thank you for sharing this. So cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 7:31 PM
It does not start, to marry.
Constant Contestant
#24 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 3:21 PM
As always a very creative lot, thank you for sharing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 10:43 PM
That's an amazing bar and I love the description you wrote to it. Thanks a lot! I just started with a new Sim who wants to get to the top of the Criminal career and I am sure he will love this place :)
Page 1 of 2