Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 7:57 PM Last edited by Grijze Pilion : 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:11 PM.
I go for a realistic aesthetic with my makeovers. Well, realistic...not unrealistic. And definitely not creepy, because a lot of people's Sims appear to be pretty deep into the Uncanny Valley. AFAIK all of these Sims use the default eyes; they look good enough. Unless something better were to exist, of course, but I can't be bothered to go find out. You may notice that I change a lot of names and backstories. That's because EA sucks at both. Roaring Heights isn't a name any real city would have, and SimNation isn't all too great of a name for a country. Also, interracial lesbian babies in the 1940s? Oh, come on.

Dylan Shear of Bridgeport (formerly New Miscerona). Had a girlfriend and a son in the 1940s until they both died of polio. Then poor Dylan got sucked into some sort of space-time hole and ended up in 2014 Bridgeport.
Before: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...=20131213171127

Polley Maloni of Bridgeport. A 21 year-old student found dead in a Waterfront park in late 2011. Metro PD reported that the poor girl had been raped before being stabbed repeatedly.
Before: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...=20131126063811

Rique Striker of Bridgeport. Football is his joy, his passion and his love and somehow, he make millions off of it.
Before: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...=20131126083048

Kai Leiko of Bridgeport. Trophy boyfriend and part-time man slut.
Before: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...=20131123123558

Aria Trille of Bridgeport. A famous jazz singer.
Before: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...=20131126083444

Charlie Shear of New Miscerona. The child of Audrey Shear and an unknown man. Raised by a lesbian couple. Has been buried six feet under in a grave somewhere in the state of Rhoarett since 1949 alongside his biological mother. The other mother was never seen or heard from again. Rumor has it she's literally vanished.
Before: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...=20131213171130

Payton Cho of Northern Sim State University. I don't know if "artsy, edgy lesbian" is a trope, but she'd fit right in there.

Gobias Koffi of Sunsight Valley. He's like Tobias Funke, but hipper. And tackier. Gay men do tend to be well-dressed, although I'm really stretching the boundaries of "well-dressed" here.
Before: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...=20100921071234

Matthew Hamming of Bridgeport. The legend. The idol. Possibly the biggest, most respected actor in the whole of the United Nations of Simania. Also, here's a fun fact about him: He's currently dating Isabelle Gausset, which is a close friend of what is possibly the second biggest, most respected actor in the whole of the United Nations of Simania: Amber "CJ" Parker. Who is also gay. I do have a lot of LGB Sims.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 11:33 PM
Sometimes a change of hair and clothes and a bit of makeup can do wonders.

Hannah Jones:

Elaine Joy:

And I also remade Bella as a child, because her facial structure was awful (even more so as an adult). Her skin is darker, but I had to brighten up the picture a lot so her features are visible (she was telling a ghost story so the lights were turned off, too):

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 4:08 AM Last edited by Cystr()city : 30th Jan 2016 at 4:12 AM. Reason: Weird symbols?
*Is disconnected from internet for days*

*comes back with a makeover*

*Hits Drama on TV household*

Manufactured Memoirs - a Sci-Fi sims tale
Alchemist
#54 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 9:59 AM
@Cystr()city - I love how you adjust the makeovers to their personalities! IMO total makeoves are fine, but it's always more interesting when people keep what makes the sim unique

These are two members of the most prominent family in Champs les Sims, the Lefebvre family. I say this because I see them everywhere. My sim goes to the cafe? Aimee's already there chatting someone up. Going to the nectary? Well, Andre is already there emptying the shelves.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 11:41 AM
@Cystr()city
Where did you find Suzy's pants and Katelyn's jacket?
Also, are those Bridgeport Sims? I've never seen any of them in my game.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#56 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 5:50 PM
Some pics from my sims 3 screen-graveyard

Some simmies from Sunset Valley

Inventor
#57 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 7:21 PM
Gunther (Gustav in the Norwegian game) and Cornelia Goth. I actually think they are both pretty decent looking. Gunther without the stupid hat and Cornelia with a less of a teen emo look on her. I always use default skin and eyes in my game. It does a lot!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cystr()city
*Is disconnected from internet for days*

*comes back with a makeover*

*Hits Drama on TV household*

I kinda got that feel from Suzy as well, and I only altered her hair style. I thought she looked fine with her pre-made outfit.
I really like your Suzy though, where did you get the shirt from?

Your Matty looks vaguely similar to Snot from American Dad (like a grown-up version).
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 2:26 AM
@sweetdevil - I always feel a lot better when I make sure my Sims are who they were before. Although some Sims make that a bit of a challenge because of their appearances and stuffs >< And I also never, unless its absolutely necessary, alter their facial shapes.

@Grijze Pilion - I think Suzy's pants is from one of the expansions but I downloaded the base game compatible version. For Katelyn's jacket I think I used one of Modish Kitten's stuff >< Most of my CC is a couple of years old so I'm not sure where some of it is from.

@Fulishagirl - I thought about leaving her outfit as is, but I hate hate HATE EA's necklaces. >< They mesh with the skin texture >< I got the shirt from Anubis360. The Master Suite Boyfriend Shirt conversion. ^^
I didn't even notice that o.o

Scholar
#60 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
@Cystr()city - the first one's Apollo...something and the second one is Tiara(?) Angelista?

Can I post the ones from my weeaboo phase? I mean, no one said they have to be good makeovers
No clue who these sims are, but they're from Shang Simla.

The blonde one is quite possibly the epitome of my weeb career.

The second guy reminds me of Hiro from Big Hero Six
Scholar
#61 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 4:42 PM Last edited by TigerAnne : 4th Feb 2016 at 7:20 PM.

I love poor, genetically unfortunate Chase. x) She's a friend of many of my custom Twinbrook Sims.

I made a few changes to her features, but I wanted to make her look appealingly odd rather than conventionally attractive.

Here's her brother, Tay, who's now her sister. I wanted a scratty little girl character running around in Twinbrook.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 9:43 PM
Gunter Goth

Before

After

Clothes

Cornelia Goth

Before

After

Clothes
Mad Poster
#63 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 10:43 PM
Right, here's some more of the good stuff:

Ace Wilde of Bridgeport.

Bronson Littler of Bridgeport.

Lily Cook of Bridgeport.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#64 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 10:19 AM
Holy hell, Bridgeport sims sure are ugly :o Kudos to everyone who made them look so good!

And what's with the disagrees?

Mad Poster
#65 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Holy hell, Bridgeport sims sure are ugly :o Kudos to everyone who made them look so good!
And what's with the disagrees?

Yup, they're possibly the worst of the Puddings. As for the disagrees, I don't know. Might be jealous netbook owners, might be homophobes/other bigots.

insert signature here
Scholar
#66 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 6:54 PM
I think the disagrees are from people that don't think you should alter what EA has wrought. That's my best guess.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I think the disagrees are from people that don't think you should alter what EA has wrought. That's my best guess.

Well, EA are a bunch of suckers, and to be honest, they can go kiss my butt. As you can probably tell, I like storytelling and completely disregarding game lore. That's just my style. I personally imagine Sims speak English and are 100% exactly like us in every single way, albeit a little less discriminative, and perhaps slightly more profane.

Anyway, that's not the subject matter. We're here for screenshots after all!

insert signature here
Theorist
#68 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 8:22 PM
Wow!!! Love the makeovers!! Great job!! And here I thought EA sims were doomed to ugly forever. I've tried some makeovers on EA sims and they've turned out ok.. but some of these makeovers look fabulous!! Thanks for sharing

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#69 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 8:48 PM
Actually, one last thing about the disagrees - why aren't they disabled entirely in the Pictures subforum? Disagrees are a widespread problem AFAIK, and there's little reason for them to be there in picture threads.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#70 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 6:02 PM
This is a GREAT thread! I am constantly remaking the sims in Bridgeport! I will try to take some screenshots and post my new and improved William Fangmann (He is actually quite sexy with a makeover) Vladmir Schlick (can be really cute once you fix his huge NOSE and thin lips) and surprisingly Wogan Hemlock is VERY attractive with a few changes. Will post asap.

Thanks for sharing these. Very nice makeovers!
Scholar
#71 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 7:25 PM
Disagrees on pictures seem to be more of a thing in the TS3 section, than anywere else. I don't really see where homophobia would play into it, though, because it's on almost every single picture. It's probably the lazy alternative to making a SimSecret about thinking Sims are ugly. I've also noticed something, that may just be my imagination. Some members seem to have a following of anti-fans, who disagree on anything they post, just to oppose them.
Scholar
#72 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish

Or just from people who don't think a particular makeover looks better; everyone has different tastes after all
Mad Poster
#73 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
Or just from people who don't think a particular makeover looks better; everyone has different tastes after all

Whatever the case...some people are just sour, and I don't think you should acknowledge that.

insert signature here
Scholar
#74 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 7:20 PM
Some famillies from Bridgeport.

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 12:06 PM
@Nemiga - Nice faces! Nice faces everywhere!!

Arrrrrgh, I need to do makeovers, but I'm moar a distracted cat than anything else XP I jump between games and stuffs ><

Page 3 of 6