Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Transparent Floor Windows

by Bakie Posted 8th Jan 2016 at 8:24 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2016 at 6:45 PM by Bakie

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:11 PM
Love them, thanks for sharing!! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:13 PM
Nice!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 10:40 PM
This is cool. I mistakenly made a glass ceiling by inadvertently enlarging the dance floor. Loved the visual effect... Not so much the random dancing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 11:15 PM
This is brilliant! Well done!
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 12:18 AM
So it kind of works like a skylight. Well colour me pink finally I love the idea thank you so much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 3:15 AM
Great idea. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:11 AM
good job, you can also upload a 2x2 or 1x1 version?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:16 AM
I assume you didn't get it working to allow daylight through to the room below? I tried that and failed.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:45 AM
I love this so much. Perfect for my builds. Thanks! Also, I’d love a softer blue color between the bright blue you did and the original glass.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 10:31 AM
This simply screams Basement living! Love them, thank you very much
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I assume you didn't get it working to allow daylight through to the room below? I tried that and failed.

No I didn't it would have been awesome, maybe next time
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 12:42 PM
What an excellent idea! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 3:33 PM
Dude you are awesome!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 3:59 PM
Thanks!
You're a hero!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 4:50 PM
Been waiting for these, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 5:55 PM
Been waiting an eternity for this! Thank you so much for the tme and effort that goes into making cc and a huge thank you for sharing it with all of us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 8:42 AM
cool!!!!thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 10:45 PM
These are great! Thanks!
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajmay

Maybe, if you remove the ceiling beforehand?
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 9:38 AM
Hey, I was wondering if you could/would make a smaller version of these? like 1x1, or 1x3 or something? I've been dying to use these as natural lighting into a basement, but 3x3 is a bit big in my opinion. Not sure if you take requests or not, but I thought I would take my chance anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 11:20 AM Last edited by Bakie : 11th Jan 2016 at 11:35 AM.
Thanks everybody!

Please don't act like you're me, it can be very complex for other people who are seriously asking things about this object.
Quote: Originally posted by chaisipper
This is cool. I mistakenly made a glass ceiling by inadvertently enlarging the dance floor. Loved the visual effect... Not so much the random dancing.

Haha, I had the exact same thing. They're going to practice dances on that thing too and that doesn't look nice when it's supposed to be just a floor.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones

No, I didn't. I discovered this after making the video and such. I was testing it in a "test-room" but didn't thought about the buydebug light I had in there too. I will mention this in the description post.
It's quite important. Thanks for mentioning again though. And doing the thing Fempirestate mentioned will work too:
1: Make a room on the place you want to use the floor window
2: Delete the ceiling
3: Use cheat code "bb.moveobjects on"
4: Place the floor window.

Quote: Originally posted by 0-Positiv
good job, you can also upload a 2x2 or 1x1 version?

Quote: Originally posted by Fempirestate
Hey, I was wondering if you could/would make a smaller version of these? like 1x1, or 1x3 or something? I've been dying to use these as natural lighting into a basement, but 3x3 is a bit big in my opinion. Not sure if you take requests or not, but I thought I would take my chance anyway.

I only used the already avaible sizes in game and I'm still not able to mesh unfortunatly. But it would be better to have a 1x1, 2x2 and 1x2,1x3 etc etc windows too..
So it kind of works like a skylight. Well colour me pink finally I love the idea thank you so much

Quote: Originally posted by litosts
I love this so much. Perfect for my builds. Thanks! Also, I’d love a softer blue color between the bright blue you did and the original glass.

Will add those 2 colors to the list!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 10:32 AM
Can you make a mod or CC to just add the additional colors to the dance floor?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leo3487
Can you make a mod or CC to just add the additional colors to the dance floor?

I'm not totally sure if I can add those to the original, as there was something with this object that made it difficult to add other colors and keeping the other orange light too for example. Also because of that I don't have floor windows with the orange light-ish on the inside. But I can take a look at it...

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:13 AM
thank u
Page 1 of 3