Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 6733 times.
#1 27th Jan 2016 at 8:36 PM
The Switched At Birth ChallengeWelcome to the "Switched At Birth" Challenge!
Based loosely on the Turkish TV series "Paramparça" (Broken Pieces).
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE CHALLENGE:
1. Create two families. One of them must be the rich family. They should have at least one child before the switch happens. The relationship between the mother and the father should be poor. The mother's traits should include Ambitious, Workaholic and Mean Spirited. She should be dressed very well. The father's traits should include Nurturing and Family Oriented. Grandparents, nannies and maids are optional. (Based on the Gurpinar family from the series)
2. The second family should be poor. The mother and the father should be deeply in love for each other before the switch. If you'd like to, they can have children before the switch. The mother's traits should be Family Oriented, Nurturing, Nice, Friendly and Ambitious. You can choose the father's traits. (Based on the Gulpinar family from the series)
3. Set the lifespan to the longest possible for teenhood. You will need it.
4. It is advisable to watch at least one or two episodes of Paramparça, since the challenge is based on these series. Don't worry, the episodes are available in English as well in YouTube.
5. Turn off Story Progression.
6. Set the Free Will to Low
1. Have the rich mother and the poor mother get pregnant with baby girls (have them eat bunch of watermelons during the 1st or 2nd trimester).
2. When the babies are born, choose them names. For the sake of the challenge and the explanation in order for less confusion, I am gonna call them Gemma (the rich girl) and Sabrina (the poor girl) (of course, you can choose them other names).
3. In game, move in the poor family with the rich one and have them moved out again but this time with the rich family's biological child. Move them into a worse house than the one they've had before. After all, after the switch, they've become even poorer.
4. After the switch, turn back on Story Progression if you'd like to.
GEMMA (or whatever you have named her)
- Must have the traits: Friendly, Nice (when born). Must add the trait Ambitious on her birthday transition from toddler to child. Must have the trait Animal Lover, or Creative or Virtuoso, or Natural Cook, when she becomes a teenager.
- At school, she must work hard, have excellent marks (to be on the honor roll) and have a lot of friends.
- Must have very good relationship with her family.
- Must be active in different hobbies. (In the series she does horseback riding)
- Has grown up in luxury, but is NOT a snob.
- Should have a very girly room.
- Based on Çansu Gurpinar from the series.
SABRINA (or whatever you call her)
- Must have the traits: Mean Spirited, Couch Potato. Must add the trait Snob when she ages up to a child. Should have the trait Mooch when she grows up to a teenager. WARNING: If the game generates her a trait after her birthday, change it via cheats.
- Must have poor relationship with nearly everyone around her, including the family which has raised her.
- Must slack off from school or at least come to school only once a week with her homework fully done.
- Should have only one best friend with which they should ditch classes and do random stuff, such as trips to the beach or the park.
- Should not participate in any activities.
- Has grown up in poverty.
- Based on Hazal Gulpinar from the series.
AFTER THE SWITCH
- In the poor family, the father should die somehow or the parents should get divorced. This means that the mother should work really hard and barely have money or time for her daughter (and/or the other children, if she has any). Sabrina must be raised by her aunt/uncle who must neglect her or teach her to bad things, such as slacking off. She must grow up badly. As child, her grade at school must be C. As teen, her grade at school must be D or F.
- In contrary, in the rich family, Gemma should be raised well mostly by nannies or grandparents (her parents are Workaholics). She should be taught how to study and should spend a lot of time with her family and working on skills, while having fun.
- The two families must learn about the switch somehow, when the girls are in their late childhood or early teens. It is up to you. Use your imagination.
- After the switch, the rich mother must invite Sabrina to live with the rich family. She must make her a small, but cosy room. When Sabrina moves in, she should treat the maids badly (if there are any maids). She and Gemma should have very poor relationship at the beginning (you can set this via cheats). Sabrina is jealous, because even when she moves in with her biological family, she still doesn't get treated right, just like in the series. After all, they've been raising "the wrong baby" for years.
- There should be a lot of drama in the rich family. From Sabrina's pranks and lies, to even cheating, blackmailing and arguments. Use your imagination. If you've watched the series, it will come in handy in the challenge.
GOALS FOR GEMMA
- Continue getting straight A's at school.
- Participate in a lot of activities
- Find a love interest
- Build skills
- Spend time with family and friends
- Take care of the animals (if there are any)
- Be nice to Sabrina
- Have good relationship (be best friends) with her biological mom. It will come in handy later on.
- If you have Nraas' Careers Mod Level 9, she can be in a Music School or Homeschooled. If she's homeschooled, it will make the challenge too easy though.
GOALS FOR SABRINA
- Play tricks on the family (such as pranks)
- Perform at least two mean interactions to Gemma. After all, she is jealous from her.
- Perform at least one good interaction to each family member.
- Should have somewhat good relationship with her biological parents.
- Try to improve grades to at least B and to reach at least level 2 of a desired skill (up to player).
- Find a love interest (optional)
- Spend a lot of time online.
YOU WIN, WHEN:
- The rich mother and her husband improve their relationship and fall deeply in love again.
- The two girls become friends.
- The poor mother wins custody of her biological daughter (Gemma, or whatever you've called her). In order to win custody, in gameplay, the mother must have good relationship with her (to be best friends) and to have enough money for a nice house with at least three bedrooms.
DO NOT USE MONEY CHEATS DURING THE CHALLENGE, UNLESS IT'S FOR BUILDING THE RICH FAMILY'S HOUSE!
DO NOT USE THE "testingcheatsenabled true" UNLESS TO PERFORM A PLASTIC SURGERY ON A CERTAIN SIM OR CHANGE TRAITS (see above).
DO NOT CHEAT FOR THE SIM'S NEEDS!
YOU SHOULD PLAY WITH THE TWO FAMILIES. JUST TAKE SWITCHES!
IF YOU PLAY THE CHALLENGE AND POST IT ON YOUTUBE, PLEASE GIVE CREDIT! And post a link of the video in the thread, of course.
HAVE FUN AND USE YOUR IMAGINATION TO CREATE AN EVEN MORE DRAMATIC STORYLINE!
#3 28th Jan 2016 at 6:07 PM
Originally Posted by silverwolf_6677
Lab AssistantDELETED POST
14th Feb 2016 at 11:07 PM
This message has been deleted by lauren.simmer.
#4 30th Mar 2016 at 4:53 AM
Thanks: 544 in 4 Posts
This reminds me of "The Parent Trap" a little bit.
#5 29th Jul 2018 at 7:16 PM
Do you mind if I adapt this for sims 4?