Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 6:07 PM
Default can I randomize gender preference?
Hey guys. I've been playing around with a new town for a few days now, but it's bugging the crap out of me that my characters can't start with a gender preference. It's probably been over a year since I last played, so I'm sure there's a way to randomly assign a preference I'm forgetting. I do remember the nraas story progression mod being able to do it, but I'm not sure I want to use that. I also know that you can manually set it just with romantic interactions or with the MasterController mod, but it would be nice it I could have it done randomly. Sorry if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find much about it other than people pointing to the nraas story progression mod.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 6:33 PM
Darn. I was hoping there might be a mod I missed somewhere that would let you randomize it (other than story progression). I know there are mods in Sims 2 that offer an option to randomize preference, like the Sim Blender for example, so I was hoping there was something similar for Sims 3.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 7:07 PM
Yeah I've looked all over to see if I can find one, but so far the only option I see is to use the story progression mod. I might try that again though, as it's been quite a while since I tried using it. My only real problem with it was the hassle of getting all the options set, I could never seem to get things sorted out to my liking.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 8:17 PM
With NRAAS Master Controller installed, click City Hall or the computer and it should be somthing like NRAAS > MC > town > set undecided gender preference. Sims start with an undecided gender preference (unless they're already dating/married?) so I think that should affect your active household too.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:21 PM Last edited by haywud : 26th Jan 2016 at 11:37 PM.
I'll have to look into that next time I play because I do use Master Controller. The only option I remember is one to manually set individual Sims' preferences. I don't remember if I tried using the menu from a computer or city hall though, and I'm pretty sure I only tried the menu when clicking on a Sim, so that might be why I missed that option.

EDIT: Okay I was able to find the setting you mentioned, and it seems to work really well. My current household was the absolute perfect way to test it because there are 3 Sims each with a different preference. One is straight, one is gay, and the other was undecided. After using that random option the 2 that already had a preference didn't seem to change, and the undecided was now straight. So that setting seems to be perfect. Not sure how I missed that, but thanks for pointing it out!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:33 PM
Yeah, clicking on a Sim is for their own personal options, but City Hall and computers allow you to fuck with settings for the entire town.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:41 PM
Yeah I'm not sure why I decided to only check the menu from clicking a Sim. I completely forgot that most of the nraas mods have different options when using the city hall or computer menus. Thanks again for pointing out that option, really helpful!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 1:09 AM
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 6:08 AM
Glad you're happy with the MC solution, but note that you're gonna have to keep running it. Eventually, if you play the way most of us do, children will become of age and new sims will move into town or be spawned for other reasons and you will have an infestation of Undecideds again without some element of story progression being in control.

Edit: Sorry, this is so totally off-topic, but it seems with this post I became a "Space Pony"?! I have no idea what that means but it sounds really cool. I love this site!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 9:36 AM
Not any more, it seems. R.I.P. igazor's space pony title.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Not any more, it seems. R.I.P. igazor's space pony title.

You sure about that? It appears that rumors of my title's death are slightly exaggerated. On my screens, anyway.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 7:46 PM
Hahahaha God fucking damn it forum don't make a liar out of me. I swear when I posted that, you weren't a space pony.
Site Helper
#16 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 11:09 PM
Possibly a caching thing?

Enjoy Space Pony while it lasts. As I recall, it was a short-lived title.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#17 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Enjoy Space Pony while it lasts. As I recall, it was a short-lived title.

You mean if I STFU, I might be able to keep it for a while? (bah, that'll never work...)

And gosh, I sure hope the OP has had their question answered sufficiently by now. Honestly, we Space Ponies don't usually like to go around hijacking threads like this!
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 12:46 AM
Hey I've been a Field Researcher for as long as I can remember. Then again I don't post very often unless I feel like I can help anyone or if I really need help. WTF is a Space Pony anyway?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 1:11 AM
Seems to be a special bonus title? I don't really know, I don't recall ever having it myself. Mad poster fits me pretty well though!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 12:47 AM
Pfft. Two days. The status lasted for two days. Guess if I were even more chatty, it might have lasted for ten minutes. Ah well, I'll always have fond Space Pony memories of...uhm, something.
Scholar
#21 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 1:26 AM
I was never a Space Pony. Alas.
Site Helper
#22 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 3:17 AM
Space Pony is a post count title. It has a very short window. If you're an Instructor or a Mad Poster, you had Space Pony, although you might have breezed through it, blinked, and missed seeing it.

Edit:

Actually, I thought instructor came -before- Space Pony....
Igazor, did you have some posts that were archived or deleted? Possibly in Help?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#23 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Actually, I thought instructor came -before- Space Pony....
Igazor, did you have some posts that were archived or deleted? Possibly in Help?

Yikes, I'm going backwards!

No, I was a Field Researcher for quite a while there before the short-lived Space Pony thing.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 4:24 AM
Maybe we should perform the Mod Ritual to ask.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Pfft. Two days. The status lasted for two days. Guess if I were even more chatty, it might have lasted for ten minutes. Ah well, I'll always have fond Space Pony memories of...uhm, something.

Here's a picture to help you remember.

You should totally set this as your avatar!
Page 1 of 2