Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 2:52 AM
Default "Sell Paintings" Club activity -Get Together-
I'm going to jump straight into it then tell the details .

I managed to create a custom club activity where sims sell paintings that they painted on canvases

Alright now let's talk about this , so a while ago I created a "Painters" club where they ... guess ... "Paint"
And it was really fun , I had 8 canvases & once I start the gathering sims start painting like crazy !
now the boring part was actually selling the paintings , which got me A LOT of simoleons , but I was bothered to sell them & wished that "Selling paintings" would be a choosable club activity so I don't have to do it myself every time they finish painting , but unfortunately it wasn't there .
Soooooo while messing around with the codes & programs for Ts4 made by amazing people , I realized that I can actually create my own custom club activities using "Zerbu's" Mod constructor along with Ts4 studio & S4pe .

But I had an issue where sims didn't actually sell the paintings , so I had to look at the interactions codes & I saw that "selling paintings" is set to not allow "autonomous usage" , I changed that to allow the "autonomous usage" , & guess what ? IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM & I'M SO EXCITED FOR THAT !

I had one issue though where I didn't earn the money when a SIM outside my household sold a painting"s" , "I guess they earned that money since they actually painted that painting but anyway"

so as a solution "Since I couldn't fix that issue in coding" I created another club where it's activity to "sell paintings" & that club had 2 members of my household & the main painters group where it had 2 sims on my household along 6 members outside my household , & It worked great .
I'm really enjoying this club now . it's really fun to play with ALSO I gained A LOT of simoleons out of it .

Also I disabled that annoying "Are You sure that You want to sell this masterpiece?" message so things keep going smooth with no interruptions

I hope You guys found this information helpful & thanks for reading . I'm just really excited about this .
Happy Simming

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .
I used to bite .. but i don't do that anymore . Have fun! :)

Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:08 AM
Yep I can verify that it's pretty easy to add club activities in a simple mod. Hopefully we will begin to see this type of mod uploaded.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 8:11 PM
Would you be willing to upload this? Or possibly a more detailed explanation of how you did it? I've been searching for a way to sell paintings autonomously and this is the only thing that's turned up. Closest second just made the activity available without actually enabling the autonomy. But your description looks like exactly what I want.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by D-Tos
Would you be willing to upload this? Or possibly a more detailed explanation of how you did it? I've been searching for a way to sell paintings autonomously and this is the only thing that's turned up. Closest second just made the activity available without actually enabling the autonomy. But your description looks like exactly what I want.

I've posted this forever ago, I'll look into it when I have time & try to recreate the activity (Y)

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .
I used to bite .. but i don't do that anymore . Have fun! :)