Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 10:59 PM
Default Alien Abductions
I have been playing the Sims 2 since 2006 I have "Never" and I do mean never had an alien Abduction, I always want to see it done but I was never happy with the fact that the male Sims can come back pregnant.
That was a big turn off for me so for years to prevent this kind of action I have always kept creator modder "Carrigon" mod in my game No pregnant men.

I have always had the male Sims look through the Farstar 3 Telescope, but nothing ever happen. So then I was reading this to make it happen, but have not try it yet. http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Your-Sim...liens-in-Sims-2
Since I have never seen an alien abduction over the years of playing the Sims I have even forgotten that it can happen and is part of the game interactions.
So my question is how many simmers have encounter this abduction or not ? If so how many times ? And do you have children from abduction in your game ? If so what do they look like ? Oh by the way I have never played Strange Town.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:16 PM
If you install a custom Pollination Technician, the kids are beautiful. The EA pollination technician is hideous.
Click on the picture here for an idea. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=201778

I always have a lot of abductions. Why should the women be stuck being pregnant? :D

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:17 PM
I have had two natural abduction. All my other abductions I have done through summon aliens. My first natural abduction was a male off the dance sphere. He had an alien daughter from a summon aliens abduction and got abducted off the sphere in daylight. My other natural abduction was a female so no baby since I don't have that mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#4 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:24 PM
I can't count the number of abductions I got in my game. I think I have at least one per rotation maybe more but only five result in alien spawns.
I use a Multi pollination mod along with a mod which allows alien pregnancy for females. I've never seen a dance sphere abduction though.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:24 PM
I have encountered it a fair amount of times. It can definitely take some patience if you want it to happen naturally. I use a mod that allows alien pregnancy for women - I believe there's also a version that is female only, if that would suit you better.

Quote:
f you install a custom Pollination Technician, the kids are beautiful. The EA pollination technician is hideous.

I guess I'm somone who enjoys the "hideousness" of aliens - I find it fitting! Their little tiny squashed up nose is so cute.
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:35 PM
The only abduction I've had was Vidcund Curious' abduction and that was staged by the game. I've tried, in the past, to trigger one by looking through the telescope, but it never works
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:39 PM
I have had one natural abduction and that was Vidcund Curious but I think that's Maxis scripted anyway. Other than that, it's Summon Aliens. By the way, Simonut, you need a Knowledge Sim that has all the aspiration rewards up to that point. Only works if your main aspiration is Knowledge. It works really fast.

I have custom Pollination Technicians and the impregnate for both. I love having alien babies! Funniest thing I ever did was give a Romance Sim an alien baby from the InSIMinator. Sucks there is no memory so sometimes I try to get them abducted naturally. But with ACR I have enough risky pregnancies for Romance Simmies

@Lord St.Croix ah you beat me to it .

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
Other than that, it's Summon Aliens. By the way, Simonut, you need a Knowledge Sim that has all the aspiration rewards up to that point. Only works if your main aspiration is Knowledge. It works really fast.

I found that sims with a high logic skill had a better chance of summoning aliens than those with a low one.

I read somewhere that telescopes placed inside are safe, so families that want to make sure they do not get abducted but still want to use the large telescope follow this advice. Alas, one general found to her dismay that a greenhouse does not count as inside space (or the advice isn't sound in the first place). So she reverted to using the teen militia squad to maintain the nightly UFO-watch (teens cannot get pregnant, whereas I sometimes "bless" an abducted female with an alien baby).
But though my sims, especially in Desiderata, aren't thrilled at the prospect, I, as the player, love alien babies and also the Maxis alien look.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:44 AM
I've had a few abductions but only one resulting in pregnancy with Stella Terrano. (I have mods though, obviously)

I'd probably have a lot more if I didn't prevent my sims from having the big telescope/telescopes in general, since I really hate it when they use it and then a neighbor comes over to slap them.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:59 AM
@ DezzyBoo Yes I have try it with knowledge Sims a lot and for long period of times with high logic skills, and with other non Knowledge Sims with high logic. Nothing happen at all.

Also I want to add that I notice modder creator gummilutt have two mods for "Satellite" that is another interaction I have "never" experience as well.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:59 AM
All "Born In Game" teens get abducted or at least try to any way and they do not come back pregnant unless you have a teen pregnancy mod.

Almost every play session has at least 1 abduction.

@Gcgb53191 "No Shoving from Looking Through Telescope" http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:06 AM
My only alien abduction was the scripted one of Vidcund Curious in Strangetown. It will (I hope) remain my only one as I normally play with Squinge's No Alien Abductions, and only removed it when playing Strangetown so Vidcund would get his wish. I didn't know about that Carrigon mod, but I think I'll stick with the Squinge one, as alien abductions really don't suit my near-realistic playstyle. I'm glad I saw Vidcund abducted, but once is enough, thank you.

If you really want to see an abduction, Simonut, I suggest you play the Curious household in Strangetown. If you keep that Carrigon mod in place, then I expect he'll get his abduction without getting pregnant. Which I think is just what you want.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:08 AM
Well, I've had in my game a bunch of couples where the woman was an elder so obviously she couldn't have any kids, but her husband was an adult. And if he has the knowledge aspiration then I'll let him use the telescope until he gets abducted, even if that means I have to do it on several tries with aging turned off for several days. :P

If he doesn't have the Knowledge aspiration though, then they'll have to revert to adoption (or surrogacy I guess (through mods), but that's a bit complicated, so adoption will do.) :/

P.S. I kinda actually find it adorable that a male Sim can get pregnant! :lovestruc (Without having to think of how he's gonna push the baby out! XP )
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Also I want to add that I notice modder creator gummilutt have two mods for "Satellite" that is another interaction I have "never" experience as well.
You do realise that, if a satellite crashes, it always kills a Sim? Which is why I'm quite sure that I never want to see it.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:39 AM
Alien abductions occur frequently in my Pleasantview. Quite a few have been via the standard big telescope: Phineas Furley wound up with twins, and Goopy has somehow managed to get abducted 3 times, coming home pregnant each time. I also use garotinhos' telescope that has the option to be abducted. I use that a lot with male Family Sims: you want 6 children, you can carry a few! Simgaroop's Multi PT replacement packs bring great variety to the neighborhood, producing some very cool-looking Sims. I'm quite partial to the "polychromatic edition", which gives them markings over much of the body.
Alchemist
#16 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:58 AM
most abductions in past times playing were forced; the testingcheatsenabled cheat, shift-clicking on telescope. I do not remember the number of times; but do remember that these sims were abducted:: the Curious brothers, Loki, Don, Darren.
only abduction that was not forced was Vidcund's.

slightly related to this thread:
-cloned the base game expensive telescope; abductions are nearly instantaneous with it.
-am creating a multi-alien set; will have 26 aliens when done.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 2:07 AM
@mdsb759 do you have any screenshots of the aliens? That sounds awesome.

I can't remember how many of my alien abductions were natural and how many were forced. However, I remember having a complete accident abdication when playing a legacy that's since been abandoned due to my short attention span. I do want to reboot the family, though, if I can fix the lack of their custom eyes from my game style / CC changes. Or maybe I'll put grown up versions of the kids in my Strangetown/Pleasantview.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Scholar
#18 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 2:15 AM
@ DezzyBoo Yes I have try it with knowledge Sims a lot and for long period of times with high logic skills, and with other non Knowledge Sims with high logic. Nothing happen at all.

@Simonut Have you clicked on the Aspiration Rewards? Do you know how to get to them?

@Tancred thanks for the telescope .

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 2:33 AM
And do you have children from abduction in your game ? If so what do they look like ?
Oh! I missed that bit of your question.

Yes there is a child by an alien abduction. His name is Titus Curious and he's the son, not of Vidcund, but of Pascal Curious. Who was of course abducted before the game began. And he looks. . . well, he looks like an alien baby! Vidcund is still pregnant. And will stay pregnant at least until the next time I play Strangetown. Which may be quite a while!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 2:37 AM
Let's see. I have a number of non-CAS alien spawn scattered around my hoods.

Drama Acres:
Frank Munny - tried seven ways from Sunday to cheat the abduction I needed to write myself out of my corner, but the particular game configuration I had at the time just would not allow it! So I had to get Ernest pregnant via artificial insimination. First-ever use of testingcheats. IMHO Frank is an extraordinarily attractive sim, and takes after his father a lot, but my taste is a bit nonstandard. And a lot of it is body language - he has the most wonderful body language! Very sloppy and very outgoing. Green skin, alien eyes, most features from his dad.
Andice Point - My first natural, non-scripted abduction was the greatest abduction story ever in the history of ever! I've told it before so I won't go into it again here, but - Romance sim at the end of the worst day ever, stepped outside to take his mind of things with that date reward somebody gave him, roll video! His daughter Andice is a funny-looking little thing, with the classic flat profile and alien eyes. The Knowledge and Family boys were falling all over themselves to get her attention in high school. Very neat and very shy.
Dior Skirt - son of a Fortune sim six days from elder, who was using the telescope to gain a skillpoint for work. Green skin, black eyes, but his other facial features are from his father. I think he's handsome, and so does Dove Hawkins, and she should know.
Estella Todd Zarubin! - Spontaneous abduction of a single Knowledge sim in the throes of romantic crisis. The pregnancy at this juncture of his life had story benefits that keep on giving, and also gave us - Estella! Who became the cutest toddler in Drama Acres and then the cutest child in Drama Acres and when I return to Drama Acres I fully expect she will be the cutest teen in Drama Acres! Who is so freaking adorable and outgoing and nice and pretty as heck and neat and active and did I mention so adorable I can't talk about her without using exclamation marks! Green hair, black eyes, startlingly attractive mix of Daddy and alien features! Don't tell me Estella isn't wonderful and beautiful and perfect! I will fight you!
Phil Thyme - spontaneous abduction of a Pleasure sim using a telescope given to him as a present. Phil got his father's custom (but geneticized, unless I screwed up) very pale skin, my first ever instance of the truly huge alien eyes. He is distinctly funny-looking, but so was his father. The main weirdness is that his father has teeny tiny short eyebrows and Phill has ginormous wraparound eyes.
Ruben Gorey - First ever summoning abduction! He looks adorable to me, and he has a nose, but his father is Martin Ruben of the broken face template, so he could change his appearance a couple of times in later life.
Peregrine Hawkins - Achieved by a Knowledge sim using the "summon aliens" perk, but he had to try for two nights. I'd been having him look through the telescope every night of his adult life, because a Hawkins man really truly should be able to have a baby! But he only summoned when his wife got pregnant. Peregrine hasn't grown up to toddler yet so I don't know what he looks like.
Teen Vidcund Curious got abducted out of the warehouse, but I don't have a teen pregnancy mod so he just got a scholarship.

Strangetown: Just Pascal's and Vidcund's. Pascal's Mitchella is a cute little noseless girl. Vidcund and the PT's features kind of cancel each other out and create a certain harmony in little Tycho's face.
Gunnar Roque got abducted on campus and I don't have a campus pregnancy mod, so all he got was a scare. He swears he'll never look through another telescope!

GS Uberhood - One abduction by summoning, resulting in male/female twins! Klara and Kent Vonderstein are green and black-eyed and still babies.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Banned
#21 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 2:50 AM
I finally got one I think it was last month or last year. Very impressive. My male sim got abducted and his motives kept going up and down and after a few hours there was another cutscene of him coming back. Then i heard the baby music and thought his wife was pregnant since they did woohoo. Imagine my shock when I got a random close up of his belly being enlarged. I was freaked out! I had a girl and they named her Zahara, but his wife wanted that damn thing gone so she went up for adoption. Then she later got abducted. I found it weird that they then both had the want for the other to meet aliens, it's like they never knew the other gone for three freaking hours!

Anyways to the topic. I read that it is a myth that your sims needs to have the knowledge aspiration. all you really need is that last, most expensive telescope and if they keep looking out of it, it should happen. That's how it happened with me. I think there are mods to increase the abduction rate though.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
You do realise that, if a satellite crashes, it always kills a Sim? Which is why I'm quite sure that I never want to see it.

@ AndrewGloria Yes I know that but now Creator gummilutt have made a "Mod To Stop Death By Satellite here http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=569823
I have found that her Mod always work really good.

@ DezzyBoo Yes thanks I know how to get to the aspiration Rewards.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:03 AM
I've had tons of natural abductions in my games, and a few through the Summon Aliens aspiration perk.

I have some pictures in my Strangetown family tree. Just be sure to select the 'Show Photos' option at the bottom.

Pleasantview - Family Tree
Strangetown - Family Tree
Rhinehart - Royal Kingdom Challenge
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:09 AM
Other than the staged abduction of Vicund Curious, I've only ever had one abduction in game. It was a teen knowledge sim who wanted a scholarship. So I had him summon aliens (thanks, Freetime!) and he got abducted. Easiest scholarship he earned!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:10 AM
As my sample shows, Knowledge is far from necessary. Abduction happens most often to Knowledge sims because they're the ones most likely to be looking through telescopes; and to high-logic sims because the more you look through telescopes, the higher your logic gets and the greater your cumulative chance of being abducted.

The odds are not affected by anything except the particular game configuration. Before Freetime it was a flat 5% chance.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 1 of 3