Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

PatioPlastics Add-Ons and Recolours

by Michelle Posted 8th Mar 2016 at 8:19 AM - Updated 18th Nov 2017 at 11:02 PM by Michelle : to add a link

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 9:36 AM
Very handy, thank you - probably going to be abused in my game :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 10:30 AM
Wow! These are so great!
I never really liked the dark green metal on the chairs, so the recolors are going to be used a lot by me
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 10:54 AM
Once again, something Maxis should have done, but didn't.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 11:23 AM
Time to delete similar custom meshes from my game because maxis match options are always better. I usually don't use many recolors in my game because of potential DL folder bloat, but I made an exception for these and grabbed the LACK black, white and YETI fawn. My sims must have simple black, white and brown outdoor chairs without the yucky green metal Thanks!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 12:08 PM
These look so useful, Michelle, thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 12:52 PM
I was just wishing for something like this yesterday!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 12:56 PM
Thanks for these!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 2:40 PM
Oh my gosh, Michelle, thank you!!! They look amazing and I'm so thrilled that you completed the set so patios can have a matched set. I love, love, love them and can't thank you enough!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 2:51 PM
Congrats on the pick, my friend - you deserved it! Thank you so much for coming up with this idea; they all look great!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 3:03 PM
What an excellent idea! This will give much needed variety to outdoor areas, especially teamed with your usual recolor magic. Great looking recolors, great idea, great all of it!

Congrats on the pick, well deserved <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 3:20 PM
Finally, tables to go with the chair, not to mention the wonderful recolors too. Thank you :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 5:32 PM
YAY!!! Tables to go with chairs! I've been wishing for something like this forEVER!!! Thanks, Michelle
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 7:10 PM
Thanks for always going that extra hundred yards for us Michelle. Beautiful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 8:51 PM
Thank You
Theorist
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 10:34 PM
This is absolutely wonderful, Michelle. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 12:42 PM
Now I've even more stuff for the park I'm building in my neighbourhood. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 11:17 PM
This set is awesome! I swear I always felt like that set was incomplete....but now it is perfect! Thank you :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 5:56 AM
Wow, this is awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 5:32 AM
Hi Michelle, thank you for all your recolours. I have downloaded this set, the tables and bench recolours shwo up fine. But no recolours are showing up for the chair. I can see that you show pictures of the chair recolours and provide files for them but they are a no show for in my game. I have all eps and stuff packs. Am I missing something? Does the chair need a mesh too?
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 7:06 AM
@Sandilou the chair is a base game dining chair and the recolours are recolours of the chair, the other items are slaved to the chair, so they take their colours from the chair. I honestly have no idea why you would be getting the recolours for the other objects but not the chair. I know this is probably a couple of very silly questions...but...Do you have any defaults of the chair? Do you have the latest CEP installed?

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 1:43 AM
I do have the latest CEP but I will reinstall it in case I have corrupted it since my last install. I think it may be because I installed my game using the Sims 2 Deluxe that had the base game and Night Life together and not the Sims 2 Base Game on its own. I will play around with my downloads and see whether loading order is an issue. I have most of your recolours and have never had this problem before so the fault must be within my game. Thanks for your help and all your fantastic work
Forum Resident
#23 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 2:56 AM
@Sandilou : Using Deluxe will probably affect the folders you need to look for when installing the CEP, especially with regard to the packages that go under Program Files. For those files, look for a subfolder named something like "The Sims 2 Deluxe" or "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe", depending on which one you used. Once you find that, look for a subfolder named "Base"; all the folders under that should be just as they are for a standard install of the TS2 base game.
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 11:03 AM
@Michelle - thanks! I reinstalled the CEP, just in case I had corrupted my old version of it. I also checked my downloads for possible clashes. After streamlining my bulging downloads folder the recolours now show. :-) Thanks for your help with this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 5:12 AM
Very useful! Thanks!
Page 1 of 2