Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sports & Recreation Center (1 CC item + No CC)

by MystAngel Posted 23rd Mar 2016 at 12:42 PM - Updated 23rd Mar 2016 at 6:15 PM by MystAngel

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 1:16 PM
Very VERY creative! Most impressive work, both the creative of use of things to mimic real life things and the general atmosphere. Just really well done through and through Thank you for building it, and for taking the time to share it with the rest of us. I'm sure it will be appreciated by a lot of people!

Sorry to be a bummer and ask, but did the uploaded lot ever get used by Sims? I see you cleaned out sim data, but no info on whether that data was visiting Sims or automatically spawned npcs.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 4:48 PM
WOW! This is a brilliant and absolutely gorgeous lot - THANK YOU!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 5:15 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! This one goes straight into my current neighbourhood!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 6:09 PM
Thanks, everyone! I'm glad you find this useful.
The Sims community and it's creators enhanced and enriched my games so much over the years, I guess it was time to give a small piece of it back.

@gummilutt, both, actually. The food stand automatically spawned NPC, but I DID play with the lot BEFORE I decided to upload it. I didn't initially plan to upload, I posted in Creator Feedback Forum to get some answers about the building (for personal use), and there I was advised to share it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 6:21 PM
Alright, thank you for taking the time to clarify
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 7:11 PM
I've seen some stadia (plural, of course) posted here, and yours is possibly the most all-inclusive one that I've personally seen.
Without excess CC, no less.
Great job-I'm downloading this puppy to go into my "BACC" style hood for future public function sites.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 7:29 PM
This will look great in my BACC.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 7:31 PM
How did you put together the trophy case? I recognize all the elements, but I've never seen how to get windows and door frames to not automatically inset in the wall or appear off-grid, even with placement cheats. That's one of my favorite elements on this already pretty awesome lot, honestly!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 8:30 PM
Just wow! A gorgeous lot with something for all Sims and with either no cc or just one cc. Thank you so much for sharing!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 8:54 PM
This is really an awesome creation. Its design, floor plan and the options for participation are amazing. My Sims will have to make repeated visits to experience all this lot has to offer. Thank so much.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 12:27 AM
I'm really happy you all like it and have a place for it in your games. Thank you for your, above all, emotionally rewarding words. I felt absurdly useful today .

@Zarathustra, you have so many featured creations, and creations generally, and I just recently started intensive TS2 playing, so I'm afraid I can't tell you anything you already don't know. I used the usual building cheats (moveobjects, snapobjectstogrid, allow45degree etc), nothing special. I didn't even know that others have a problem with placing windows and doors off grid. It's not some bug exclusive to this lot, I also used a couple of off-grid placed windows as a sign frame on other small business lot I built:

Maybe there is something in options, I really don't know. I saw that you don't use CC, I understand that even tiny things like these can expand your decorating possibilities, so if something keeps preventing you from moving windows, doors and door frames to your liking, tell me where to look, or maybe print screen something, I'd be happy to help.
Screenshots
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 1:20 AM
Amazing, I love the use of cfe in a roof, you've pulled it off beautifully, from someone that's made a few round roofs before, I know how difficult it can be and sometimes quite frustrating so that right that gets top marks from me! And same as Z, that trophy case is a mark of genius!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 2:36 AM
I may or may not have spent a good chunk of time this afternoon determinedly figuring out how to make it work- looks like the trick is the old boolprop snapobjectstogrid false cheat... something I usually try to avoid, since it can be so temperamental! I'll have to remember that one though- being able to play around with architectural elements like that has a lot of potential!

Also, I love that little business too, especially using that particular staircase, which I usually hate, in such a clever way!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 10:00 AM
The trophy case looks like a window carefully placed in between two columns and not actually going into the wall.

I'm amazed that you haven't been building for years, your style reminds me of Zar above.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 4:27 PM
@ekrubynaffit
Thank you. I'm glad you like the roofs. Honestly, I'm not fully satisfied with those. Apart from not being weatherproof, my main problem was the way they look from a ceiling point of view. But, as I was enlightened in CFF, that couldn't be avoided.

@Zarathustra
Yes, boolprop snapobjectstogrid false is my main used cheat. It's actually extremely powerful. Interestingly, in TS3 you don't need a cheat for off-grid placement and you can place objects at any angle, but in some ways TS2's off-grid placement IS more powerful (I'm not sure, but I don't think I could place windows and doors off grid, especially that close to a wall). I also like what I can do with columns. For example, in that particular lot I used as another example in the post above (Beauty salon, Spa and Boutique), I used an off-grid placed column to improvise a wooden shower:

And the best part is - the shower is accessible and usable! Routing is also a lot better in TS2, than TS3, and my main game in the last few years was TS3 (irreplaceable CAST, of course). And you know what, I'm still not craving for excess CC, not until I explore all the options.

@joandsarah77
Thank you, Jo. You've been so helpful to me over there, I really appreciate it. The trophy case is an off-grid placed window in between a door frame; window being placed a little bit further from the wall than door frame. Down are two small off-grid placed and linked lockers, to appear as one object. By the way, none of it causes routing issues, you can even click on the trophy and direct a Sim to view it.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 11:32 PM
I had to go look up my cheat file to find out what cheat was boolprop snapobjectstogrid false was. That is Snap on and snap off, i use that all the time. If you plan to use these cheats much you will want to get yourself a cheat file. if you post on the Sims 2 board no doubt you will get a ton of cheat files pasted to choose from. Makes building a whole lot easier if you don't have to type thsoe in the long way.

A door frame. I was looking at it again thinking, no that isn't two columns what is it? Now I know, thank you. It's always very interesting to see what others come up with using only Maxis content.

Congratulations on your pick! I thought you would get one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 3:35 AM
thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 1:09 PM
This is great thanks :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 5:18 PM
Great sports center! Thank you so much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 7:19 AM
Absolutely amazing!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 4:00 AM
Wow. This is amazing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 12:21 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm really happy you like it.

Jo, I have yet to explore TS2 modding community thoroughly, but I'm still enjoying it playing almost vanilla, with minimal modifications. I did read all essential mods threads I encountered though. Those will be useful when I finally start collecting. And also all those tools and mods that experienced lot creators, like you, put in additional credits list. And thank you, I was really positively surprised when it got picked. Even though I had never intended to upload anything, now I'm glad I did.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 6:28 AM
OH MY GOD!! Thanks you!!! I love it <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 11:12 PM
This looks fantastic!
Page 1 of 3