Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 9:54 AM Last edited by DJKanine9 : 22nd Jul 2016 at 9:55 PM.
Default The Elemental Allegiances Challenge
EEEEEEEEEY so I'm back with another challenge for you guys! I got a little inspiration from my old Tribe Legacy Challenge and a few touches from Divergent, and then I farted this out. ENJOY!

Ever since the creation of the world, there had been four Elements keeping nature in balance: Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. However, upon the creation and arrival of Mankind, the natural world's balance had been thrown off and gone haywire with every ounce of land that Man had taken over and built on. So the Creator, saddened by how their world had turned out, instructed you, the Player, to scour the lands for those of Mankind who had not yet resorted to selfishness and greed.

Those chosen would receive the blessings of the Elements and bring about a new era of the Mankind that the Creator had failed to make.

Challenge Goal:
The goal is basically to raise up your Allegiances the best you can within any amount of generation you choose, much like my other challenges. However, if you're looking for more specific goals to try and do in the least amount of generations, you can try this list of goals:
- Have all Allegiances earn 100,000 simoleons
- Have at least 5 inter-Allegiance couples
- Have 50 children born into each Allegiance
- Achieve every possible death in your game
- Have one Sim master all skills possible in your game
- Receive 15 prophecies in each Allegiance
- Receive 10 omens in each Alleigance
This is all I've been able to come up with...you are free to add to this or write your own!

Suggested Mods:
StoryProgression ~ This will make sure things happen with the other Allegiances even while you're not controlling them.
Link - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression
WooHooer ~ This will allow your Sims to try for babies even when the household is "full".
Link - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Woohooer

The Allegiances:
Ignis ~ The Fire Allegiance. Ignis is most concerned with strength and dominance; their most prominent skills are the Athletic and Fishing skills. However much they value dominance, they can also be extremely loyal to the right leader and will die to protect the ones they love.
Lacus ~ The Water Allegiance. Lacus highly values beauty and the arts; their most prominent skills are the Painting and Music skills. Lacus members are usually quite proud and focus a lot on their appearance.
Solum ~ The Earth Allegiance. Solum focuses on agriculture; their most prominent skills are the Gardening and Fishing skills. They are quite peaceful and friendly, but if certain buttons are pushed, they would not hesitate to go through any lengths to bring justice to whoever did them wrong.
Ventus ~ The Air Allegiance. Ventus is the wisest of all the Allegiances; their most prominent skills are the Logic and Charisma skills. They aren't the most social people, but many people, even those outside their own Allegiance, often come to them for their advice and wisdom.
The Abandoned ~ The Abandoned Allegiance are those who have decided they didn't want to be in an Allegiance. They have no roles or rules, and their personalities and attitudes can be what you, the Player, choose for them to be. However, their powers can vary from Clairvoyant-worthy to Unqualified, so by no means are they weak.

Of course, these are just what I made up. If you want to make your own Allegiances, go for it!

Sim Roles:
Clairvoyant ~ The leader. Has a connection to all Elements and receives Prophecies and Omens from the Player. Details about the Clairvoyant will be given below. [ One sim only ]
Healer ~ The "doctor" of the Allegiance. [ Maximum three sims only ]
Fighter ~ Fighters make up the majority of the Allegiance. They defend and fight for their Allegiance. [ Can be multiple sims ]
Nurse ~ Nurses are the people who take care of the young. They can be mothers who simply chose to stay taking care of the other children or just people who wanted to take care of children. (Please note that a Nurse can be either gender) [ Can be multiple sims ]
Mentor ~ Mentors are those who give education and training to the Tyro of the Allegiance. [ Can be multiple sims ]
Tyro ~ Children and Teenagers who are training to be Healers/Hunters/Farmers/Guards. Details about graduating from the Tyro rank will be given below. [ Can be multiple sims ]
Young ~ Babies, toddlers, and children who haven't received their Elemental Blessing yet. Details about the Elemental Blessing will be given below. [ Can be multiple sims ]
Elders ~ Elders are elders. They do not do any of the work that young adults and adults do, but they are highly respected among the Allegiance and have the most experience. [ Can be multiple sims ]
The Unqualified ~ Teenagers and older who never received their Elemental Blessing. They either stay hidden in the shadows of their Allegiance and do unwanted jobs like cleaning or choose to be one of the Abandoned. [ Can be multiple sims ]

Starting Out:
1. Select a completely empty world and make sure to put down lots with many spawners for rocks, seeds, insects, and whatever else you deem vital for your Sims. Just remember that putting the spawners down is important.
[ To put down spawners, you need to hold down Ctrl+Shift+C and the cheats bar will come up. Type in /testingcheatsenabled true, then /buyDebug on. When you go into Buy mode and have it separated into categories, you will see a ? tab, which is where you get the spawners. ]
2. Put down a grocery store and bookstore in the middle of the town so that it's of equal access to all Allegiances. Any other rabbit-hole lots are not allowed.
3. Create your four Allegiances fitting to how they were described above. To do this, create two households for each Allegiance. Each household must contain one female and one male; do not set any relationships or roles yet. Place each Allegiance on any corner of the map, and make sure their houses and environments are suited to the way they live. How you build their villages will be explained below.

Village Requirements (told you):
- At least two houses suitable for an entire family
- A building for the Healer (the Healer will both live here and treat their patients here; therefore it must include extra rooms with beds)
- A Clairvoyant's mansion (must be the most luxurious house in the village)
- The training grounds
- A schoolhouse
- A nursery
If you feel something is missing from here, tell me!

The Elemental Blessing
In the Elemental Allegiances, an Elemental Blessing from the Creator is required to advance from being one of the Young to being a Tyro. The Young stage lasts from the moment a child is born to the age of 14, when they are supposed to begin their training as a Tyro; if the child does not receive a Blessing by then, they are considered Unqualified. To be deemed Unqualified means being rejected by the Creator themself, and is one of the biggest disgraces to all Allegiances, excluding the Abandoned.

When the Creator Blesses a child, they set off to the Allegiance they were chosen for once they reach they designated age to become a Tyro (Child(literally)). They receive a blessing when they prove themselves worthy of serving the Elements, and when they do, they must receive a cut gemstone that represents their Allegiance. It will contain their Elemental powers, and if they do not receive one on time, they are unable to advance into a Tyro and are considered Unqualified. (This is why the stone spawners were important!)
Ignis ~ Ruby
Lacus ~ Blue Topaz
Solum ~ Emerald
Ventus ~ Diamond

The Clairvoyant:
The Clairvoyant is a very important and very special role within the Elemental Allegiances. Not only do they lead their Allegiances, but they also have a very special tie with the Elements and, in special cases, the Creator themself. Clairvoyants have special magic powers including the ability to communicate with the spirits of nature, receive messages from the Player, and perhaps may even have abilities beyond those.

When a Clairvoyant communicates with the spirits of nature, they are able to ask for food, knowledge and other necessities (going to the grocery store/bookstore). However, he or she would require rare fish or plants in exchange; depending on the amount and/or quality of the item(s) they offer, he or she could receive more or better-quality items from the spirits. (In other words, fish/plants can be traded for a trip to the grocery store and rocks/gemstones can be traded for a trip to the bookstore)

A Clairvoyant is selected when they do something amazing and/or prove themselves worthy of the position. For example, if my sim Mary Sue finds a rainbow gem or pink diamond, it means that she has substantial power within her grasp and is therefore powerful enough to be the Clairvoyant. However, if a Clairvoyant is already in place, like my sim Gary Sue, the two must fight. Whichever one wins gets the rights to the title of Clairvoyant, and the one who loses is kicked out of the Allegiance and sent to be one of the Abandoned, since they will most likely be unaccepted by the other Elemental Allegiances. There have been a few cases where they HAVE been accepted, though, so you can play with that a little bit if you're looking to make your game into a story. If you do, I'd love to see it!

In addition to that, the Clairvoyant also receives messages like Prophecies and Omens from the Player. The Prophecies and Omens are completely up to you, since, well, you are the Player.

Rules:
1. You are not allowed to put in any modern technology like laptops, televisions, etc. Remember that these things were part of the reason why the Creator was displeased with the Mankind he had created.
2. Feel free to bend a few traditions for story purposes! It'll be interesting to see what you guys can come up with...
3. Oh, and HAVE FUN or I will hunt you down and stEAL YOUR COOKIES

Ask me any questions you want that HAVEN'T BEEN ANSWERED YET because, uh, I can't come up with any more rules...'^-^

Enjoy ~ !
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 9:53 AM
bumping because I spent like a week writing this up ;-;
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 1:34 PM
Hey I really like this challenge, probably one of the most creative ones here! And I love the medieval / village setting.

I was looking for a war-like challenge and this seems very good. Are the allegiances at war?

Perhaps there could be an element of fighting; all of them compete to be the first to have a Clairvoyant with over $1,000,000 in his bank?

Or perhaps, there could be a property in the form of a magnificient park / forest / nature reserve with a connection to the Creator, and they compete to be the first to purchase it (and it should cost a million or something like that) and then place the finest of gems in it's centre to unite with the creator?

Finally, you could alternate between the Allegiances to make it fair- spend 3 days on each and move on, including the Abandoned. And everytime you switch, you roll an online 20 sided die, and if you roll a 20, you must go and murder someone from another allegiance (roll a 4 side to decide who) - probably someone of a high rank, the clairvoyant or one of the healers, whichever you see first.

Anyway, bump. Also, I can already imagine creating a beautiful valley for the 4 allegiances and a bare-earthed hellhole for the abandoned to live in, which always faces away from the sun
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zedav
Hey I really like this challenge, probably one of the most creative ones here! And I love the medieval / village setting.

I was looking for a war-like challenge and this seems very good. Are the allegiances at war?

Perhaps there could be an element of fighting; all of them compete to be the first to have a Clairvoyant with over $1,000,000 in his bank?

Or perhaps, there could be a property in the form of a magnificient park / forest / nature reserve with a connection to the Creator, and they compete to be the first to purchase it (and it should cost a million or something like that) and then place the finest of gems in it's centre to unite with the creator?

Finally, you could alternate between the Allegiances to make it fair- spend 3 days on each and move on, including the Abandoned. And everytime you switch, you roll an online 20 sided die, and if you roll a 20, you must go and murder someone from another allegiance (roll a 4 side to decide who) - probably someone of a high rank, the clairvoyant or one of the healers, whichever you see first.

Anyway, bump. Also, I can already imagine creating a beautiful valley for the 4 allegiances and a bare-earthed hellhole for the abandoned to live in, which always faces away from the sun

AAAAAAAH I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT! All of your suggestions are awesome; I definitely encourage you to alter, remove, or add to the challenge as you see fit, since, well, it IS your game after all! And it's your decision whether or not they're at war, as it is if you want to turn it into a story and so on. I really hope you enjoy playing this! Remember: THE SAFETY OF YOUR COOKIES ARE AT STAKE HERE! :3
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 1:52 PM
Hey, so I really like this challenge. I think it's cool. I sort of added a few things for myself because I wasn't sure about a few things, like what a "fighter" and "healer" does, so I made up what they do. I also modified the challenge because I hate switching between households, so I fixed it to make it all one household. But then I realized I had completely changed the challenge to do this, and so I might just stick with your version, but I'm not sure yet. I just wanted to say that this is a great challenge, and I really like the idea. Thanks for posting it :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deadliongamer
Hey, so I really like this challenge. I think it's cool. I sort of added a few things for myself because I wasn't sure about a few things, like what a "fighter" and "healer" does, so I made up what they do. I also modified the challenge because I hate switching between households, so I fixed it to make it all one household. But then I realized I had completely changed the challenge to do this, and so I might just stick with your version, but I'm not sure yet. I just wanted to say that this is a great challenge, and I really like the idea. Thanks for posting it :D
Thank you so much! To be honest, I wanted this challenge to be quite open to the player's interpretation and play style, so I don't really mind if you modify it to what you think is best for you to have fun. But anyways, whether or not you want to play with my version is your choice in the end. Your game, your decision! ^-^
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 6:52 PM
I really like this challenge. I might try it out later.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 1:17 AM
aaaaAAAAAAAH!

wHERE HAVE I BEEN?!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 6:43 PM
I would love it if someone could post updates i have console, so I can't
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 8:45 PM
Currently working on building all the stuff Thanks for checking this challenge out!
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 11:59 PM
Getting ready to do this! EXCITEDDDDDDDDDD