Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jefferson Cottage

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 12th Apr 2016 at 3:52 PM - Updated 24th Nov 2017 at 3:16 PM by Fergus' Mind

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 6:34 PM
Ooh it for some reason reminds me of the home that the crazy people lived in in "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Very nice!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 12:02 AM
Very impressive!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EverettJames
Ooh it for some reason reminds me of the home that the crazy people lived in in "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Very nice!

Lol, I kinda see what you mean now that you've pointed it out...
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 11:41 PM
The roof...the porch...all just lovely!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 6:15 PM
Oo! What world map are you using?
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BourgeoisBanana
Oo! What world map are you using?

Oh, how careless of me, I completely forgot to mention that it was pictured in one of my most favourite worlds; the Sims 3 Creators' Consortium world: Wild Wild West. I cannot recommend that world enough. It's so gorgeous.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 2:33 PM
This is absolutely stunning! from the porch to the smallest of details! How don't know how you do it each and every time! Well done!
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
This is absolutely stunning! from the porch to the smallest of details! I don't know how you do it each and every time! Well done!

Thanks! It takes time and practice. I had to redo the roofing more times than I would care to count
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th May 2016 at 8:32 PM
I know I criticized about how large this build had gotten, but it is very nice. You create such a wonderful encapsulating mood with your selectively lit interiors, both mysterious and comforting. The dark (gray-ish) trim on the main floor is a such great detail.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th May 2016 at 10:20 PM
Your houses always inspire the imagination. I would create a rugged sim family with lots of horses to maintain this frontier outpost.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th May 2016 at 1:09 AM
Love this house
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 3:34 AM
You are my absolute favorite Sims 3 lot creator. I adore historic homes and I'm really picky about layouts and realism, and I always know I'll get what I want in your lots. Please keep making them! Maybe some more New Orleans-style homes? I've yet to see a shotgun cottage I really like for this game. I'd LOVE to see your rendition of the houses in American Horror Story Season 1 and Season 3 (Murder House and Coven), and the house in Practical Magic. Many thanks for all the lovely creations you've done!
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sixteenshells
You are my absolute favorite Sims 3 lot creator. I adore historic homes and I'm really picky about layouts and realism, and I always know I'll get what I want in your lots. Please keep making them! Maybe some more New Orleans-style homes? I've yet to see a shotgun cottage I really like for this game.

Thanks, as you can tell, I'm also very picky about interior layouts, I just don't do open-plan living. I can't say that I've ever attempted a shotgun style home, but now that you've mentioned it, I'll certainly add it to the top of my ever-extending 'to-do list'.
Quote: Originally posted by sixteenshells
I'd LOVE to see your rendition of the houses in American Horror Story Season 1 and Season 3 (Murder House and Coven), and the house in Practical Magic.

Those are some of my favourite homes, although getting the interiors to marry up with the exteriors for on-screen homes is difficult; with the murder house (a.k.a. the Rosenheim Mansion) they pretty much stuck true to the original, so this one wouldn't be too difficult to do, but with the AHS Coven house, (a.k.a. the Buckner Mansion ) the on-screen staircase eats into space that is in real life occupied by the back porch and service wing, so I'd want to go for the real life appearance. Then the Owens' house is one I've adored for many years and is a dream home in more than one sense; the internal set and the external sets just don't marry up, particularly with the staircases, which is something I tried to overcome years ago when I first attempted to recreate it, the other issue is that the game doesn't allow enough stories to fit the tower in, even without any additional compressed levels required for the CFE staircases, which sucks, but I am going to attempt to recreate the house from the original book, and see if I can give it some magical flare.
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
Thanks, as you can tell, I'm also very picky about interior layouts, I just don't do open-plan living. I can't say that I've ever attempted a shotgun style home, but now that you've mentioned it, I'll certainly add it to the top of my ever-extending 'to-do list'.

Those are some of my favourite homes, although getting the interiors to marry up with the exteriors for on-screen homes is difficult; with the murder house (a.k.a. the Rosenheim Mansion) they pretty much stuck true to the original, so this one wouldn't be too difficult to do, but with the AHS Coven house, (a.k.a. the Buckner Mansion ) the on-screen staircase eats into space that is in real life occupied by the back porch and service wing, so I'd want to go for the real life appearance. Then the Owens' house is one I've adored for many years and is a dream home in more than one sense; the internal set and the external sets just don't marry up, particularly with the staircases, which is something I tried to overcome years ago when I first attempted to recreate it, the other issue is that the game doesn't allow enough stories to fit the tower in, even without any additional compressed levels required for the CFE staircases, which sucks, but I am going to attempt to recreate the house from the original book, and see if I can give it some magical flare.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next! I SO hear you on the darned Practical Magic house... I've tried mocking it up myself and managed to give myself a huge headache. Rosenheim Mansion I've had more success with but the arched ceiling (in Violet's room in the show, for example) is a bit beyond me, although I'm pretty sure it's something that can be done. I've also tried my hand at the Amityville Horror house more than once... it's just for my own game but right now I'm using someone else's attempt as a base and then trying to combine elements from the house as it was in the 70's and how it is today. The odd layout of the boathouse/garage drove me crazy for a while but I'm slowly getting there!