Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 1:12 PM
Default Warring brothers
It seems that each generation I have twins who become enemies. I don't know how it started except for Daniel and Daniella but I don't encourage them.

Malik is 1 point nice while his brother Medhi is nicer (7 points nice I think). It all started when they were kids.
Both are fighting to the point it becomes tiresome and Malik always wins because he has more body points. I play by wants BTW.
Both have 100/100 relationship with their parents. The twins have an older sister who works as the hood caretaker. She currently live alone and have rooms.
Mother can't encourage Malik to be nicer because she's grumpy as well, father really don't care.
How do you deal with this kind of situation?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 1:41 PM
I don't know, mine are all BFF. Siblings in my houses usually become friends by playing at the block table together. If you want them to be friends and not cheat it I would do it the normal way, chat then balloon fight.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 2:01 PM
I had that more than once - mostly it happens about a girlfriend/boyfriend - but that 1 nice point may be the only problem (sims with 1 nice point are probably as bad as my no nice points at all-Sim )
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
How do you deal with this kind of situation?

Build an arena and sell tickets.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 2:39 PM
I try to get them to talk in a situation where one bad remark doesn't end the conversation. Probably most useful is to get them to sit on a sofa together. I got Nina and Dina in good terms that way. (I haven't played Pleasantview for a while, and all bets are off when I start it up again and they discover they've both been having affairs with Don!) Another way is to invite one sibling to visit friends or relatives, and while there get them to phone their brother or sister. In my Pleasantview Lilith went to visit her grandparents, and while there she phoned Angela and it improved their relationship. It's easy to imagine that Coral may have suggested that she ring her sister. An advantage of this method is that they're on different lots, so thy can't possibly fight, no matter how badly the conversation goes!

I dislike discord in my game so I'm always looking for ways to encourage my Sims to reconcile their differences. (I usually play Veronaville!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 3:47 PM
Chess.
Lots and lots and lots of chess.
Works every time.
All my siblings are friends if they grow up in the same house, but chess works for everybody.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 4:08 PM
You can start with toddlers. Huggle more.
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 4:20 PM
That never happens to me; siblings who are born in-game and raised together always get along; it's the ones who are either premade or CAS that usually fight.
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 4:47 PM
you have free time, let them play on the toddler activity table. they'll build skill points and their relationships at the same time, even that one nice point won't make a difference. for older kids I agree with Peni sit them down at the chess table. If you need an in game reason mom made them sit there, because she got sick of their constant fighting.

kinda like when my sister and I would fight and my mom would make us sit and look at each other for 15 minutes. usually we were giggling and making faces at each other by the time the 15 minutes were up.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 6:42 PM
Reading some of you make me realize that I forgot to tell that Medhi and Malik are teens.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't know, mine are all BFF. Siblings in my houses usually become friends by playing at the block table together. If you want them to be friends and not cheat it I would do it the normal way, chat then balloon fight.

The household had an activity table. When they were kids, if one was playing with it and I made the other one join, the first would just leave the table.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I had that more than once - mostly it happens about a girlfriend/boyfriend - but that 1 nice point may be the only problem (sims with 1 nice point are probably as bad as my no nice points at all-Sim )

This kinda happened with Daniel (nice) and Daniella (grumpy). Daniella witnessed Daniel's first kiss attempts with Mahély (the most popular sim in the hood) while they were at school. Poor guy got rejected several times in a row. Daniella made a fool of him.
They're adults now. I did a family party and both of them fought. Daniella had to leave.

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Build an arena and sell tickets.

Fun idea, Maxon, but nope. Thanks for the good laugh though!

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I try to get them to talk in a situation where one bad remark doesn't end the conversation. Probably most useful is to get them to sit on a sofa together. I got Nina and Dina in good terms that way. (I haven't played Pleasantview for a while, and all bets are off when I start it up again and they discover they've both been having affairs with Don!) Another way is to invite one sibling to visit friends or relatives, and while there get them to phone their brother or sister. In my Pleasantview Lilith went to visit her grandparents, and while there she phoned Angela and it improved their relationship. It's easy to imagine that Coral may have suggested that she ring her sister. An advantage of this method is that they're on different lots, so thy can't possibly fight, no matter how badly the conversation goes!

I dislike discord in my game so I'm always looking for ways to encourage my Sims to reconcile their differences. (I usually play Veronaville!)

Andrew, your answer makes me think about RL. I don't get along with my youngest sister and I would never pick up the phone to call her so I can't picture my sims doing so. On the other hand, during the last holidays, we had to act politely since both of us were putting up by my second sister. *hope this sentence makes sense, I used a dictionary*

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Chess.
Lots and lots and lots of chess.
Works every time.
All my siblings are friends if they grow up in the same house, but chess works for everybody.

So it's time to get rid of the activity table and get a chess table instead.
On a side note, Sylvio and Sylvia became enemies because of chess. Both have 1 nice point though. They're now elders and will die soon. To my surprise, they behave during the first family party organized by Megan (Sylvio's wife).

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
You can start with toddlers. Huggle more.

My toddlers autonomously hug each other... or not. I don't force them to.

Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
you have free time, let them play on the toddler activity table. they'll build skill points and their relationships at the same time, even that one nice point won't make a difference. for older kids I agree with Peni sit them down at the chess table. If you need an in game reason mom made them sit there, because she got sick of their constant fighting.

kinda like when my sister and I would fight and my mom would make us sit and look at each other for 15 minutes. usually we were giggling and making faces at each other by the time the 15 minutes were up.

Love that part.
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 7:14 PM
one thing about the activity table is I start them on it as toddlers, not children especially with twins or triplets. with multiple births there seems to be a very strong chance of them becoming enemies depending on how you play. if the toddlers are unhappy, unfulfilled they are inclined to be mean to each other and of course its harder for the parents to give everyone the attention that they need, because they can only do so much. so you're more likely to have them fighting over bottles and toys. this means a low relationship score in childhood. once they get to be children it will start to become more difficult to move that score up especially if their aspiration meter is low.

you sound a bit like a hands off player. I've noticed in IBSI households or minimal control households multiples are just more likely to be enemies.

since I have experimented a bit with hands off one thing I have found is that one positive interaction early on can set the tone of the relationship for life. Send an older sibling to tickle or play with the toddler just one time and a lifelong friendship is born. this obviously is more difficult with toddlers since they have fewer shared interactions. If you don't want to huggle another option is the dollhouse.

since your warring twins are teens what about someone using influence to start a few positive interactions. hell you could make a whole community effort out of it. "How sad it is that twins and triplets never get a long. What can we do in our community to have happy, loving relationships between multiples?" Aunts and Uncles could come over to pitch in and make sure the kids are happy, family counseling could develop (basically the go to the counselor and the counselor just uses influence to force positive interactions, etc...) Then you could create a society or whatever whose whole purpose is get multiples to be friends. It could be a whole, big thing.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Undead Molten Llama
#12 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 12:21 AM
I deal with the situation by...letting them beat the crap out of each other. Really! Often my households are so lovey-dovey that they threaten to give me diabetes (or at least tooth decay) from all the sugar-sweetness. So on the rare occasions when there's some friction, I actually appreciate it. IMO, it doesn't happen often enough. I could MAKE it happen, of course, but I play by wants, too, and otherwise tend to let the pixels free will when they have no wants I can actively fill. Even so, even in families that have very mean individuals in the batch of siblings, they all tend to either ignore each other or to get on like houses on fire. It's kind of frustrating, actually. I need more friction for my goddessly amusement.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#13 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 12:48 AM
Reading some of you make me realize that I forgot to tell that Medhi and Malik are teens.

Once they hit this age, I'll send them off to college early. Once they're not in the same household, the feud usually dies down. I've had a few sets of siblings who were enemies. It usually starts when the nice one tries to hug or play a game of tag with the mean one and is rejected and just keeps trying over and over again until the relationship is low enough for the poking and shoving to start. I wouldn't mind the fights that much if the parents could intervene sometimes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 1:09 AM
I would still do chat then balloon fight. Kicky bag works well too -if they will play it. I find some sims simply won't play kicky bag. Everything under gesture will always be accepted. So high five, tough handshake, all of those.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#15 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 1:12 AM Last edited by mdsb759 : 20th Apr 2016 at 12:09 AM.
If you prefer non-cheat/non-hack ways, the Apologize social would be a good start. In past times playing, done that with the Pleasant twins toward each other and with Johnny toward Tank. for different lot enemies, phone calls can make a big difference; especially if the played sim's Social is low. other same-lot options would be any object/event that causes sims using it to talk to each other; chess, dart board, pinball, hot-tub/spa, meals (depending on Neat/Sloppy and depending on where they sit), tv watching, book reading/skilling (if they sit in same room).
Or if you do not mind using cheats/hacks, they can quickly change relationships/personality/needs/etc. testingcheatsenabled cheat, insimenator or its equivalents.
Theorist
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 12:02 AM
I just worked on this recently with household having 6 children. I sent 2 of the to sit at the kitchen table, 2 on a sofa and 2 on a loveseat. They all stayed in place and chatted until they reached friend status. The funny part is, 5 out the 6 each had a want to 'torment some one'. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 12:03 AM
Siblings who are friends can torment each other and get positive relationship points for it. Plenty of my mean kids do.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 12:42 AM
the talking I mentioned; I think most join-able interactions/objects cause sims to talk.
just a few base game exceptions::
-tv console
-MYSHUNO
-dancing
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
one thing about the activity table is I start them on it as toddlers, not children especially with twins or triplets. with multiple births there seems to be a very strong chance of them becoming enemies depending on how you play. if the toddlers are unhappy, unfulfilled they are inclined to be mean to each other and of course its harder for the parents to give everyone the attention that they need, because they can only do so much. so you're more likely to have them fighting over bottles and toys. this means a low relationship score in childhood. once they get to be children it will start to become more difficult to move that score up especially if their aspiration meter is low.

you sound a bit like a hands off player. I've noticed in IBSI households or minimal control households multiples are just more likely to be enemies.

since I have experimented a bit with hands off one thing I have found is that one positive interaction early on can set the tone of the relationship for life. Send an older sibling to tickle or play with the toddler just one time and a lifelong friendship is born. this obviously is more difficult with toddlers since they have fewer shared interactions. If you don't want to huggle another option is the dollhouse.

since your warring twins are teens what about someone using influence to start a few positive interactions. hell you could make a whole community effort out of it. "How sad it is that twins and triplets never get a long. What can we do in our community to have happy, loving relationships between multiples?" Aunts and Uncles could come over to pitch in and make sure the kids are happy, family counseling could develop (basically the go to the counselor and the counselor just uses influence to force positive interactions, etc...) Then you could create a society or whatever whose whole purpose is get multiples to be friends. It could be a whole, big thing.

Yes, I'm like a hands off player. You' re sharing some great tips, especially when I have a playable counselor but he doesn't have a proper office yet.

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I deal with the situation by...letting them beat the crap out of each other. Really! Often my households are so lovey-dovey that they threaten to give me diabetes (or at least tooth decay) from all the sugar-sweetness. So on the rare occasions when there's some friction, I actually appreciate it. IMO, it doesn't happen often enough. I could MAKE it happen, of course, but I play by wants, too, and otherwise tend to let the pixels free will when they have no wants I can actively fill. Even so, even in families that have very mean individuals in the batch of siblings, they all tend to either ignore each other or to get on like houses on fire. It's kind of frustrating, actually. I need more friction for my goddessly amusement.

I see your point. I also like variety in my game and pixels fighting is not my doing. I have lots of those in vacation and uni hoods though.

Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Once they hit this age, I'll send them off to college early. Once they're not in the same household, the feud usually dies down. I've had a few sets of siblings who were enemies. It usually starts when the nice one tries to hug or play a game of tag with the mean one and is rejected and just keeps trying over and over again until the relationship is low enough for the poking and shoving to start. I wouldn't mind the fights that much if the parents could intervene sometimes.

Teen years are modded in my game. Teens go to uni under certain conditions. I'm not sure if both of them will go. Time will tell.
I think I need to watch out for Ava and Lana. Lana rejects all of Ava's hug attempts. They're toddlers ATM.

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
If you prefer non-cheat/non-hack ways, the Apologize social would be a good start. In past times playing, done that with the Pleasant twins toward each other and with Johnny toward Tank. for different lot enemies, phone calls can make a big difference; especially if the played sim's Social is low. other same-lot options would be any object/event that causes sims using it to talk to each other; chess, dart board, pinball, hot-tub/spa, meals (depending on Neat/Sloppy and depending on where they sit), tv watching, book reading/skilling (if they sit in same room).
Or if you do not mind using cheats/hacks, they can quickly change relationships/personality/needs/etc. testingcheatsenabled cheat, insimenator or its equivalents.

I don't cheat except for lowering motives.
I'll see if Malik have the apologize action, because I can't see Medhi apologize when he's not the one who starts the fight.

Thank you all for your inputs.

FYI, I played another households where I have nice twin teens, Thalia and Thalès. They went to the Spot (outdoorsy place where only teens can go). Malik and Medhi started a fight there and Thalia and Thalès ran off the lot.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 2:13 PM
Some Sims, I have noticed, really dislike fighting, and will move away as far as they can, or even run off. Most of them seem to love it and cheer the fighters on!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 2:29 PM
That depends on personality, really nice sims dislike fighting. Shy sims might run away.

I think I need to watch out for Ava and Lana. Lana rejects all of Ava's hug attempts. They're toddlers ATM.

That's because often one toddler starts off with a much lower personality score, so the one with the higher score wants to hug while the lower score toddler rejects it lowering their score even further. You need to have Lana initiate a few huggles or just send them to a block table.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 3:27 PM
That depends on personality, really nice sims dislike fighting. Shy sims might run away.

Agreed.

That's because often one toddler starts off with a much lower personality score, so the one with the higher score wants to hug while the lower score toddler rejects it lowering their score even further. You need to have Lana initiate a few huggles or just send them to a block table.

I think it depends on their mood too.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 10:45 PM
The more chaotic the household, the more likely the toddlers grow up into children without being friendly. Try the dollhouse, or the garage (cc, here on MTS), as well as the play table, for things they can autonomously use together.

However, even if they're best friends as toddlers, if a child has a red aspiration he will attack any other child. I've seen this in asylums (ACR plus asylum plus no social worker equals really neglected kids). Until the child is out of red aspiration, no friend making activities will do you any good, because he'll attack again.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 11:32 PM
Have you checked their interests? If their interests are incompatible, conversations will fail more often and that will help drive the relationship down. The Pleasant Twins in Pleasantview are a good example - they have almost no interests in common and this helps keep them from successfully talking to each other or raising relationship on their own.

You can deal with this by buying an interest magazine from the Deluxe Magazine Rack (Base Game community lot item) and having one sim read about an interest the other sim has.

Details at the wikia page below:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Magazine

(I never use these myself. I'm happy to let the game decide who's interested in what and if that makes the sims dislike each other, they'll just have to deal with it themselves.)
Page 1 of 2