Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 2:53 AM
Default Our Gameplay Plans
this thread is about what we plan to do in Sims2; mainly in Live Mode.

in all 3 base game pre-made neighborhoods, I plan to reunite widowed sims with their former spouses.
exceptions::
-Dina, Mortimer, Bella, Michael; would first match Dina & Mortimer together, Bella with Beau, Michael with Agnes. then after each of those couples get children, would reunite Dina with Michael and Mortimer with Bella; and match Beau & Agnes together.
-Olive; since she had multiple former spouses, would match her with Tank. and would have her do affairs with her former lovers & with their brothers, then change half of them to female and change sibling to spouse.
also plan to resurrect a number of the other dead ancestors; Goth's, Caliente's, Curious's, Olive's/Ophelia's, Circe's, Capp's, Monty's.

In Strangetown, plan to change males to Active + Serious + Knowledge and females to Neat + Family. PT9 might be an exception to the males.
also plan to resurrect the other graveyard ghosts.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 3:44 AM
Planning on adding /creating all the other characters from Sims PSP and DS (Basically Strangetown) Then enable some crazy mod and let them reproduce like crazy >)

As you sow, so shall you reap.
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 9:32 AM
I'm planning to upgrade Dryis Harbour (the desert neighborhood) from tiny isolated buildings to modest town starting with the Rocket Gas Station. Modeling it after the PSP version.
I'll start that in the weekend.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 1:04 PM
Since no plan survives first contact with the sims, I plan to let my sims mess me up a lot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 7:40 PM
My plan is to not look at all the neighborhoods I started and then paused through the years. They stare at me somewhat reproachful.

At the moment I'm toying with the idea of another low tech world, probably I will ressume playing Aridia, my prehistoric neighborhood. It has three hunter/gatherer tribes, a village of recently settled down herders and a handful survivors of an UFO crash.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 9:23 AM
What are PSP and DS?

Short term plan: Andrew will call the Gypsy Matchmaker, buy a bottle of Love Potion 8.5 from her, and try it out. Of course it will be a waste of money because Julian already loves him as much as is Simanly possible, but he may learn something about what's in the potion and how it works. And just for once it will be money he's earned himself that he's spending rather than money his mum's earned. And it won't make much of a dent in the §200K plus that he got from the Monopoly Game Town contracts. That money's been burning a hole in his pocket ever since he got it.

Longer term: Consort and Tybalt Capp will marry their sweethearts and move out of Capp Manor, leaving Juliette and Hermia alone in the big house. Consort will try to pay the girls an allowance, at least until they've finished their schooling, but his bride, April Hutchins, may have other ideas. The loving couples are looking at other large houses in East Side Veronaville: Tybalt and Lexie have been looking at the big double house at 7Chorus Court, which could give Gloria and Andrew interesting next door neighbours!

I think I'll have to do something to try to rescue poor Jamie Siddons from Juliette's plan. She plans to marry both him and Romeo and is already going steady with both of them. As a Romance Sim, Romeo might be able to accommodate himself to this arrangement, but it's becoming clear that Jamie will never be happy with it. He doesn't want to be Lord of Capp Manor and I don't think he ever really wanted a romantic relationship with Juliette at all. He's happiest entertaining friends in his own little house in Mendoza Lane. It just isn't fair that something he did as a teenager as a kindness for a friend (he gave Juliette a slow dance at a nightclub when Juliette wanted to dance, and Romeo wasn't there) should mess up his whole life. He was the first teen to be a householder in my game, and the little house that he shares with ex-townie Jihoon LeTourneau became a favourite meeting place for the teens of Downtown and Veronaville. Juliette was one of the teens who found a friendly welcome there. So, as I say, I think I'll have to try and rescue him.

I think I first forecast that double wedding at Capp Manor at the start of 2015, but I'm afraid that's the pace my game moves at! The wheels of Veronaville grind slow, but they grind exceeding fine. I'll maybe even let the McBain twins (remember them?) age up to toddlers. They were born in the autumn of 2013, so it really is long past time that they grew up!!

You never know: I may even find time to start a second rotation in Pleasantview. . . .Or finish the first rotation in Strangetown!

I'm always making plans for my Sims. . . (As Peni reminds us, how the plans work out can be a different story!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
What are PSP and DS?

PSP is a handheld console known as Playstation Portable, a The Sims 2 game was released for this but it's more adventure/mission oriented than life simulator.

DS is short for Nintendo DS, another handheld console which also got a The Sims 2 game (and this game was also more mission oriented as you ran a hotel)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 2:35 PM
Well done, Andrew - both Romeo and Juliette still alive in Veronaville
Theorist
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 5:46 PM
I've mainly been adding to my neighborhood and using a few characters to work out my story (in the story section). I don't have a clear idea how it will end but I do have plans for the next chapter so I need to snap a few photos and get Chapter 4 written. My time on the (family) computer is so limited it requires a bit block of time.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Theorist
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 5:51 PM
My plan is to have no plan at all. Things rarely work out the way I expect them to anyhow...and I'm good with that. My sims are free to do what they want, when they want and how they want - I may tweak a few ACR settings here and there, but that's about it.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 10:46 PM
I'm thinking about making a child only community lot. Of course to draw in children, it will need one parent or teen to bring a child there for others to show up. It's such a hassle trying to let kids do their own thing without a bunch of adults always pushing their way in and disrupting them at play. I'll also make a teen-YA lot just for them. I've done that one before and got lots sims there.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 11:32 PM
Strangetown: I almost always make Jenny and PT9 have another kid with cheating (I age her down a few days and get her preg). Johnny and Ophelia ALWAYS end up together. NO EXCEPTIONS. (Well, except the first time I played and put him in college with my own Sim I made.) Circe and Vidcund have an affair and produce a baby. Whether or not she and Loki stay together is optional. I kinda dig Pascal and Nervous but it ain't an OTP. In one I put Nervous with Bella Goth and Pascal...well never ended up happy. So tragic.

Pleasantview: I love my own pairing of Cassandra Goth and Malcolm Landgraab IV so I usually do that after Don leaves her at the alter. Darren Dreamer I like with Brandi Borke. I put the assigned kids together. Dina does marry Mortimer.

As for any other town, it is free reign but usually the things I wrote here, is what I end up doing, at least with the single Maxis 'hoods. A megahood is open season.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Well done, Andrew - both Romeo and Juliette still alive in Veronaville
Yeah! Not only Romeo and Juliette, but Mercutio and Tybalt too! All alive and enjoying life! Romeo and Tybalt are best friends! So I've beat Willie Shakespeare there, haven't I? In his version the Grim Reaper got them all!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 2:13 AM
Indeed - I am always waiting to hear about around a dozen deaths in Veronaville Just imagine, you could have saved all of them!
Theorist
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 11:48 AM
I plan to give my sims proper addresses. Their houses are called "3 bedrooms - 1 bathroom", for example. It's time to fix this.
The mailwoman never fails to deliver their bills though.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 2:08 PM
My soldiers now live in Marching Road. I put them in a corner of the hood. Now I have to decide how to let the hood grow. Maybe a farming area before something like a mall, since it is supposed to be very isolated and there are around 35 Sims inlcuding townies - and perhaps 8 or so NPC's (including Unsavory, the paper girl, burglar, (three burgalaries already!), policeman, waiters and cook and host at the diner). I want to pretend that the soldiers and their support staff build everything themselves, so I don't want to go and plop down more community lots than needed. It is kind of hard!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
My soldiers now live in Marching Road.

The police station in Sirencester is on Letsby Avenue - a joke I expect only English players will get.

Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I plan to solve the mystery of Polgannon... and play with the Sims in the process.

And I plan to finally write up the solution - this summer when I might actually get some time to myself. I hope you enjoy it. I've been playing the neighbourhood a bit - Adele's built a new house, Carrow moved back to the manor with Caroline and James, Abbie moved out, Griselda had her baby - and so on.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 9:21 PM
I plan on getting back to the way I used to play the Sims - without any plans. At first, I was guided by the story (Shipwrecked and Single), and after the story I forgot to plan out the family tree for my Sims. Turns out, my forgetting to do that was the best thing that could happen to me; the story unfolded itself so beautifully! And I loved that it was all laid out without being too vanilla, or too "they are the perfect couple and they can't have affairs or fall in love with anyone else" or other nonsense.

I managed to play like this for many, many generations... I think 13. But then, I got a wild, crazy wish to move my Sims from Castaway Stories to The Sims 2, while preserving my current progress. In a makeshift neighborhood, consisted of nothing but a main live mode lot I played on and a small community lot which served as a market, I played for additional 2 generations (and one of the couples here had no less than ten children!). After that couple got their first grandchild, I stopped playing for a while, being caught up with real life stuff.

When I got back to playing the families, guess I could say that I forgot how to drive that story, or that I forgot how to let the story drive on. I would find myself loading the game, making few Sims shower or eat a meal, and then not saving the "progress." I thought that it would be a redundant add to a story that big. Instead, I would focus on creating a backstory for this single character I added to the neighborhood via CAS - I went so far, that I even worked out the tactics for the tribe they came from, which was from another island. While I enjoyed "discovering" more and more about that character, I constantly felt like I was heading backwards instead of forward.

One day, I watched this movie which helped me think of new ideas for the story. That's where I made a mistake; instead of firing the game up, and kind of forming the story on the go, I opened up my word processor and laid out the entire synopsis of the new story. That story would be a sequel to whatever was going on in my current neighborhood, and the main characters would be the grandchildren on which I stopped playing the game. But I simply forgot that having everything thought out before the very beginning is oh so poisonous. There was no more thrill in thinking of a new name for a baby. There were no more "oh my god! she's pregnant!" moments from the risky woohoo mods - there was just "alright! she's an adult now! She needs to get a baby named Makanan because that's 'food' in Indonesian and the baby will bring fortune back to the tribe because of how symbolic their name is."

That's where I took some time off from storytelling and started focusing on building a new home for all of those Sims. This resulted in Felicity Island and a short tut on how to move all Sims over without remaking them (because having to recreate them all once was hard enough!).

I don't know what to do now. I'm thinking of aging down all these Sims I created with the "already-laid-out" story, renaming them to something else and playing it the way I used to play before. Chaotically, randomly. Rollercoaster-ly.
Starting a new story, a new neighborhood, is impossible. I've become too bonded with this one. But I'd be sad if this turned out to be the point where the story ends because there is so much more to make it more interesting, so much more to tell.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 10:26 PM
Finish remodeling, makeovers, and rotation in Veronaville.
Play a University.
Play a rotation in another Neighborhood.
And so on.

Not much in the way of plans, is it? Especially since the building bug hit driving kids around to their activities yesterday, so I'm actually building instead of playing. I should get an account with one of the fileshare sites and put some buildings on my tumblr. No way I'm ever going to get unlazy enough to make requirement-meeting-pics to upload to MTS.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#21 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 1:56 AM
Play my Widespot to the 10th generation* and beyond. I played a single family for 14, once, but never a whole hood.

* currently on 8th, with a handful of toddlers and babies for the 9th
Forum Resident
#22 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 1:03 PM
April is Tax Month, and Town finally got a bank at last - Sigh
Also rebuild hospital, because now I'm (Sim Goddess) going round the houses counting, I'm finding so many big bellies claiming they is due a tax refund.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I plan to give my sims proper addresses. Their houses are called "3 bedrooms - 1 bathroom", for example. It's time to fix this.
The mailwoman never fails to deliver their bills though.

I always do that. I wish the game had an option where you could see how many bedrooms and bathrooms a house has. When I first started playing the game i always ended up buying a house of two bathrooms and two bedrooms for a family of six because it 'looked' like it was a big house from the neighborhood. So now I put names like "Villa Robles #014 6B-2B". The first B for bedrooms and the second one for bathrooms. Saves a lot of time, because I create neighborhoods first and add families later when im done building everything.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 5:44 PM
I plan to finally (FINALLY) create an actual period-based neighborhood. I've done a medieval hood before, but didn't really know what to do with it. I'm a little smarter now (I hope) and I plan to take the Medieval Charter Challenge.

I also plan on getting my YA sim through college in Blue Point so that he can finally get to that criminal empire and take over the town.

Now if only app.box would stop being a jerk and let me download Sunni's amazing stuff!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#25 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 6:47 PM
everyone's games sound so fun. I got bored with my legacy hood as I do and am back to my rotation hood Emptetown. Current plans:

social networking: I have several part alien children and teens whose parents are going to be bringing them to the community center once a week. I'm also going to start building social networks amongst sims in the same career path or with the same hobbies.

teens: Emptetown's first batch of teens are starting their second and final year of high school and now is the time for the final push for scholarships and skills before Uni. Of course not everyone cares about school some are more interested in parties, dating and sneaking out.

I made townie teen Deede Dorner playable by moving her in with her older sister. She'd been picking fights with other kids, and was generally bad news. Then her boyfriend, Philip Adelayo cheated on her with local it girl Hilaria Tayago, while his brothers and sisters cheered. I plan to let her continue wreaking havoc among the neighborhood's teens. She'd really like to get revenge on the Adelayo sextuplets, but if you fight one you have to fight all six. She may be mean and have a bad temper, but she's not stupid.

I'm building a playable primary school. It will offer education in arts and crafts, with longer skilling in it takes work and dedication to learn in Emptetown and born in game children will not be magically given skills. After the primary school is done I'll be adding a high school.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Page 1 of 2