Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2016 at 11:38 PM
Default Barely anyone is visiting my bakery.
I set up a bakery/restaurant using the items from the store I'm also using nraas cupcake, ani store set and produce stand, and cinderellimod mods. So far only a handful of people have shown up, 2 or 3 bought some food items, i've sold a couple produce from the stand, and no one has ordered anything from the restaurant. or bought the items on the racks. Right now the only sims on the lot are the employees. I don't know how to get sims to show up and shop. Any suggestions? My sims have bills to pay. :p
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th May 2016 at 12:04 AM
I know Awesome Mod has a function that will squash the tendency for a lot of the "townies" to follow you to a lot. If you are running Awesome, you can change the tuning to turn that function off, and then (from map view) have one of your sims go to your lot. You should have more sims follow, assuming your game doesn't think the lot is already full.

I have no idea what to do if the game isn't pushing more sims to the lot because with the employees it thinks the lot is full. (Other than to see if you can work with fewer employees.) I'm sure there is a way to increase the number of sims in a visit situation, but I have no idea how. (I wonder if you could have one of your sims form a group and then bring everyone to the restaurant? I know it's a bit more direct than just advertising on tv or something, but Sims doesn't have ads you can buy. Consider that sim to be your PR manager.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#3 Old 15th May 2016 at 12:15 AM
The OFB 4 TS3 mod at Simlogical might be helpful: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1078/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2016 at 12:36 AM Last edited by ajshn : 15th May 2016 at 1:33 AM.
You might be right about there being to many employees, theres currently 5. 2 for the stands, a waiter, a chef and the cashier. I wouldn't have thought about that on my own. I will try out the ofb mod and see if that helps. if not i guess i have to fire some people. Thanks!

Update:
It seems to be working! I just sold some beesewax, ill update again if i get anyone ordering food.
Also how can i sell nectar? I tried putting it on a shelf over the rugs but that didn't work, i can sell them on the modded bakery rack but its too tall and clips through the shelf above it, and i read somehwere that you could sell them in the nectar racks but i don't know how to do that.
Alchemist
#6 Old 15th May 2016 at 9:34 AM
For those who have WA, you can also zone the lot as a Market/Small Market. Those generally get significant traffic.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#7 Old 16th May 2016 at 1:39 PM
I don't know, but I think to sell from the nectar racks you need to shift-click it in buy mode and select "Make Buyable." (At least, that is an option I've seen on them and it seems logical that you would need to use it if you're selling nectar from them.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2016 at 1:53 PM Last edited by ajshn : 16th May 2016 at 4:38 PM.
Whenever i add the rabbit hole building or even just a rug it sells the property on my sims behalf and it wont let me buy it again. Also apparently its ctrl, shift click, but then i can't sell nectar my sim made just game generated ones.
Theorist
#9 Old 16th May 2016 at 5:55 PM
I have also been experimenting with having shops - haven't done a bakery yet, but other shops. I'm using Ani's Savvier Seller mod of the Savvy Seller Store set (available at NRAAS). Around the Sims 3 has some other displays for items; they are available for both the Savvy Seller set as well as the Savvier Seller mod and you can find them here: http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/r...wntown_34.shtml

I am curious about some things you mentioned, ajshn. At what point does the game sell the lot with the RH on it? As soon as you place it? And how is the game informing you that you are unable to purchase the lot again?

I know you can sell nectar using the consignment register, but I haven't tried selling it with the shop system. You could try some of the other displays at ATS3 to see if that makes a difference.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2016 at 7:24 PM Last edited by ajshn : 16th May 2016 at 10:58 PM.
Thank you! One of those was the perfect size for nectar!
It sells the lot right after i exit out of buy mode, and theres no option to buy the lot until i get rid of the rabbit hole.
Theorist
#11 Old 17th May 2016 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajshn
Thank you! One of those was the perfect size for nectar!
It sells the lot right after i exit out of buy mode, and theres no option to buy the lot until i get rid of the rabbit hole.

Thanks for letting me know. This is kind of curious though, since most RH can be purchased through the in-game Real Estate system.

Do you have your lot zoned as a bakery? And is it the only building on the lot?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
dodgy builder
#12 Old 17th May 2016 at 10:05 AM
when you put rabbitholes on a lot they come with their own settings. If the rabbithole you're using is set up to not be buyable, you can't buy it basically.

I have read about so many cheats and such for this problem. You might find a mod to sort out this problem for you, but there should also be possible to do some adjustments in some text file or something. I have tested a bakery several times, and my big italian town square lot was zoned as a university java hut because of the barista thing. Different zonings makes for different opening hours, object settings and you name it. It's kind of complicated, but now I have som photos in need of attention, so good luck I recommend google.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:14 PM
I had (am having?) the same situation with a diner I created and are having my Sims run as their main source of income. It's tough. On a good day with a lot of customers, they pull in maybe 6-700 simoleons from a 9 hour shift and that's because I have it set to the highest markup which is not very realistic for the greasy spoon look of the diner. I am using Ani's mod for the Business as Usual Bistro so I can "force" any Sim on the lot to become a customer. I also tried to add a diner rabbithole rug to the lot to bring in more customers and the lot was immediately sold and I couldn't buy it back so I had to exit the game without saving. I guess you can only buy a stake in base game rabbitholes, not the whole thing.

I deleted a couple of other community lots, mainly hangouts so that there's less business competition but I still need an average of 30 customers a day to make a decent profit. I tried to start selling buyable food in order to supplement revenue using the Savvier seller shelves and register but I kept getting an error and Sims would never be able to purchase after filling their shopping bar. I did find though that about 20% of customers autonomously went to buy the food on display.

Another issue is that pesky 3am clean up EA does that would make it hard to run a bakery. Either you try to sell everything before you close up shop for the night or move all that is remaining back to your inventory every night and put it back the next day. I wish Master Controller could fix this so you could designate some community lots where this would not happen. I know Awesome Mod does this but I'm not going to download that mod just for one feature.

This thread was helpful though, I'm going to look into the OFB 4 TS3 mod and see if that helps bring more customers to the lot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:27 PM Last edited by ajshn : 17th May 2016 at 5:53 PM.
I had to give up the restaurant part of my business because no one was ordering anything. Also ani's mod of randomness supposedly has a feature that turns of the cleaning of the lots to keep bakery items from disappearing but i cannot get it to work. If i figure it out i will let you know.
Update: I did exactly what Ani did in her video where she showed how to use it and it didn't work for me.

I have the ofb thing set to allow up to 50 sims, but im having trouble getting more than a couple sims a day to show up, and my clerk keeps disappearing even when i fire them and try a new one.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 18th May 2016 at 12:29 AM
The mod alone won't work, you need to use it in conjunction with AwesomeMod. Are you using ani's bistro mod? You can then "Ask to Join" which makes a Sim automatically sit down at whichever menu you select and order food. Sims will also autonomously do it if they are hungry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th May 2016 at 7:06 PM Last edited by ajshn : 18th May 2016 at 10:10 PM.
I do have the bistro mod.I just hoped they would have ordered more on their own. I didn't know you needed awesome mod to use the mod of randomness. I already have the nraas mods so i don't really want awesome mod as well. Thanks for letting me know that though. Does anyone know if theres a way to turn of the restock card item from showing up with the savvier seller mod? Also i figured out that the ofb ticket machine was set to have only a minimum 3 sims at a time, so i had to use S3PE to change it to 20, and i added the restaurant back! Hopefully with more sims they will actually order food! I have one stove that isn't modded along with the modded version.
Theorist
#17 Old 19th May 2016 at 1:54 AM
I think the OFB mod allows you to set a number of sims per hour - so 3 would be 3 sims per hour. But I was not aware that 3 was the limit. I have that mod but haven't tried to use it yet. I don't know of a way to turn off the restocking signs. For crafted items like baked goods or nectar bottles you can turn off buy mode restocking but when I used that feature the restocking signs still appeared.

Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th May 2016 at 2:41 AM
In game you can set the max number of sims which i had at 50, but when you check the "my tunings" part it shows that the minimum number of sims is set to 3 and there isn't an option to change that in game, so it has to be edited in s3pe. So i went from only having around 3 sims a day to about 10 (even though i have the min set to 20)
Theorist
#19 Old 20th May 2016 at 2:59 AM
OK, that's good to know, @ajshn, thanks!

Laura's Legacy