Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

IKEA Bunk Beds and MORE!

by Michelle Posted 16th May 2016 at 12:34 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2021 at 5:05 AM by Michelle : Fix typo

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th May 2016 at 3:10 PM
I'm always a fan of 1-tile desks, and IKEA is my drug, so I'm all about this! The desk looks great, as do the beds. Thanks for putting it together and sharing with the rest of us, you rock! <3
Theorist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th May 2016 at 11:38 PM
You are really on a roll, Michelle! Simply love all of your add-ons - thank you for filling in the gaps.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:54 AM
IKEA furniture is a favorite of mine so having additional objects is always something to celebrate. I'm really enjoying the Bunkbeds, so was looking forward to these. Then you go create even more addons, such as the desk and end table. I was wondering if they have more then one slots, so I know if I should be using OMSP for things like a lamp or desk locator for the desk? Thank you for so much for sharing these with us!
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2016 at 4:00 AM
@Alawren - The desk has a couple of slots, the same as the 'Locker Room Counterfeet Desk' HERE but the end table only has the one. I was laying in bed last night thinking about making a bookcase to match.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th May 2016 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
@Alawren - The desk has a couple of slots, the same as the 'Locker Room Counterfeet Desk' HERE but the end table only has the one. I was laying in bed last night thinking about making a bookcase to match.

That is perfect for me! I love having multiple slots on desks. And now to think you are may make a matching bookcase?!? *swoon* You spoil us and I love it! :lovestruc
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th May 2016 at 2:30 AM Last edited by BoilingOil : 19th May 2016 at 3:31 AM.
Thanks for all the bunk beds, Michelle. They look fantastic!

However, I've run into a major issue: All bunk beds are only available with the stairs at the right side. I have several rooms where I want to place them against the right wall, though, so I also need versions with the stairs on the other side.

Could you be persuaded to add those as well?

Also, it's a pity that you didn't match the upper beds' motive effects to those of their lower counterparts. A bottom bed with only 1 comfort and 2 energy, and an upper bed at the same price with 5 comfort, 6 energy, and 2 environment doesn't look right, and makes little sense. I guess I'll have to edit them myself
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th May 2016 at 2:47 AM
They look great. Thank you
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th May 2016 at 2:53 AM
@BoilingOil - hey hun, I have tried a couple of times to mirror the bed but unfortunately I know nothing about animations and can't work out how to mirror the animations, so it renders the bed useless.
As for the motives I agree with you 100%, but once again I don't have the knowledge to change them. I thought it was just a matter of changing the numbers in the Object Data (OBJD), then was told that doesn't work, it's not that easy, I believe there is a tutorial somewhere explaining how to change them but have been unable to find it.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th May 2016 at 3:23 AM
thanks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th May 2016 at 12:37 PM
@Michelle - Hi sweety, the thing about the animation is understood. I *think* it might be just a matter of the sim being placed in the right position, because walking up the stairs doesn't change with the direction the stairs go. But I must admit, I know nothing at all when it comes to animations. So thanks for the explanation of why I can't get my wish there. It is appreciated.

As for prices/motives, it really DOES work. After editing the numbers in the OBJD, you simply *must* click the "commit" button to register the changes. With many other things, you can omit that final step, but for some reason not when changing the OBJD. The view will go white white (no data visible), but if you select another resource and then switch back, you'll see that the changes were picked up. And in order to prevent odd anomalies, it is best to make sure to reflect the changes in all OBJD items in the package, not only the master one.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd May 2016 at 8:57 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 7:32 PM
Hey Michelle, I would like to know if you could do a Hemnes top bunk as well matching the bed in game? And if this is already made can you please link me to the download for it?
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:02 AM
@melb623 - sorry hun as I mentioned in the description I did do the Hemmes Bunk Bed but was not happy with how it turned out, so I did not upload it.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 3:11 PM
I really love this desk and end table! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 9:14 PM
Thanks for these add ons!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 6:50 PM
I really like all the bunk beds that you have made that are a clone of the Dream Team's loft bed as well as the ANES add-on's, but I do have a suggestion. Now the Dream Team has an arched bunk bed (lower) and it would be nice to use that with all your upper bunk beds but part of that bed frame at the foot and head of the bed doesn't get hidden. For example, in the MALM upper bunk it has a footboard and headboard just like the single and double bed so what about taking all ones that have a footboard and headboard and making that, footboard and headboard, in lower part of the upper bunk half and those that just have a headboard, could have some piece at the foot of the bed. This way when the arched bunk bed (lower) is used, the parts of the foot and head of the bed are hidden and it looks as if you had placed the single bed there. This could be another version of the ones you did.

My mini city: Rygel City
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by planettv
I really like all the bunk beds that you have made that are a clone of the Dream Team's loft bed as well as the ANES add-on's, but I do have a suggestion. Now the Dream Team has an arched bunk bed (lower) and it would be nice to use that with all your upper bunk beds but part of that bed frame at the foot and head of the bed doesn't get hidden. For example, in the MALM upper bunk it has a footboard and headboard just like the single and double bed so what about taking all ones that have a footboard and headboard and making that, footboard and headboard, in lower part of the upper bunk half and those that just have a headboard, could have some piece at the foot of the bed. This way when the arched bunk bed (lower) is used, the parts of the foot and head of the bed are hidden and it looks as if you had placed the single bed there. This could be another version of the ones you did.

@planettv - I'm sorry hun but I will not be doing any more bunk bed.

Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 6:18 PM
This is awesome thank you!