Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 21st May 2016 at 4:50 PM
@hejhog I don't remember where, but I think you can buy a spawning weed from somewhere. That may be another alternative for your messy lot.

With my own derelict houses, I usually move sims in beforehand, and let them utterly destroy the places. Afterwards, I'll move them out (read: kill them off), send off the graves and move in someone new.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd May 2016 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
@hejhog I don't remember where, but I think you can buy a spawning weed from somewhere. That may be another alternative for your messy lot.

With my own derelict houses, I usually move sims in beforehand, and let them utterly destroy the places. Afterwards, I'll move them out (read: kill them off), send off the graves and move in someone new.

Ive removed the poisonous plants. Im making the lot for someone else so cant have anyone living in it first. Ive found some buyable weeds and they seem ok. Might try the safe poisonous plants in my own hood.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 22nd May 2016 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
Think people are under a misconception. Modders do not work for us, they are not paid, they don't owe anybody anything. Pescado has created mods that fit his gameplay style, he made them for himself and shared them freely. If you don't like his mods or what they do, you are under no force to use them......I'm getting a bit worried that people will start rejecting all Pescado mods (including the corruption ones) or even that he might get fed up and pull his mods and shut down his website forever. Yes, Pescado is still around and as far as I know and is a member of MTS. Any new comer must be confused, Pescado mods are a necessity in one place, but in others the advice seems to be to avoid.

What a strange thing to take from some posts in this thread.

I definitely use some Pescado mods and I appreciate his modding style and that he is a very talented coder. I don't personally like the style of the macrotastics mods and I don't care for that kind of playstyle in my game. I do think it's fair to warn new sims players that Pescado mods sometimes do more than is advertised.

Pescado has always been marmite in the sims community. Do you remember the fallout over the OMGWTFBBQ? I doubt he will pull his mods over a few posts on MTS which is a site he barely ever visits anyway. He does not strike me as the kind of sensitive flower who is upset by criticism. He'd just insult you back

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 22nd May 2016 at 1:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diovanlestat
Think people are under a misconception. Modders do not work for us, they are not paid, they don't owe anybody anything. Pescado has created mods that fit his gameplay style, he made them for himself and shared them freely. If you don't like his mods or what they do, you are under no force to use them

No one said they work for us and that's not what we are complaining about. The complaint is he doesn't document what his mods do. It is very easy to grab a Pes mod for one thing not realizing it also does something else and that something else you might not want or what happens if you already have another mod doing that job, then they can clash. It's a bit hard to know what his mods do if he doesn't document it. It took other modders and users noticing odd things to figure out exactly what they were doing.

I am very grateful for his hood and game saving mods. If we didn't think they were important we would not be recommending them in every post on corruption.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30 Old 22nd May 2016 at 3:48 PM
If two mods are not compatible, modder who made mod LATER must warn people about incompatibilty.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 22nd May 2016 at 4:51 PM
Yes, Diovanlestat, you're right. I am being unreasonably harsh on Mr. Pescado. He didn't have to make any mods, and he certainly didn't have to share them. I said it was a love/hate relationship, and there is a lot of his stuff that I love, As far as I know, MATY, Insiminator.org, SimsCave and the Booty are all Pescado sites, and I for one couldn't do without them. Insiminator is the home of Squinge's mods, many of which suit my playstyle perfectly. I am still just beginning to explore the delights of SimsCave. Now that many of the paysites are gone, The Booty is now often the only place to get their downloads. And none of us could do without the essential mods at MATY. (Though I do wish they could be a little bit more... well, matey there! ) One non-essential Pescado mod that I really love is the Romance Mod. Apart from generally making Sims more reasonable, my more promiscuous Romance Sims love it because they couldn't live the lives they do without it -- the "open" marriages where they bring home Sims to share with their partners! So, Mr. Pescado, please don't leave us in the Sims community! We really love you.

As for the original question, I used weeds and dead trees from kativip (a Russian site: here and here) to create a long-neglected garden for the Newsons' house. JodelieJodelie's pictures here were a big help in choosing which plants to get. The only problem with kativip's plants is that, being cloned from Maxis garden plants, they are quite expensive -- I spent over §7,000 on weeds for the Newsons' garden. I've now edited them in SimPE to make them free or very cheap, but of course I should have done that before the Newsons bought them! You can read more in my WCIF thread. It was other members there who recommended kativip and JodelieJodelie to me.

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I doubt he will pull his mods over a few posts on MTS which is a site he barely ever visits anyway.
The speed with which my post and yours attracted Disagrees made me wonder if he was following this thread!

Finally may I just say in my own defence that I think I have a better record for considering other people's feelings than some of the posters on MATY. (Frankly Consort and Tybalt Capp on a bad day are better at considering other people's feelings than some of the posters on MATY. )

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 22nd May 2016 at 11:08 PM
As far as I know Pescado has long since left sims2 and sims 2 modding. I don't know if he plays sims 4 but I do know he moved onto sims 3 years ago. So technically Andrew he left us back in 2009. I'm sure he has better things to do than waste his time looking over the old sims 2 board to click the disagree button.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#33 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:42 AM
I think Kativip made some weeds? (which are probably not going to kill any Sims, but I think AndrewGloria said they were too expensive or something - although a weed is just a flower growing in the wrong place )
Mad Poster
#34 Old 23rd May 2016 at 8:30 PM
If someone made a newer version of macrotastics that were better documented and only did what it said on the box, that'd be nice.

I guess I'm sticking with macrotastics, better take the plants out--carpel tunnel--if I have to tell a sim to clean all the dirty stuff, tend all the plants individually, etc, I can't play.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#35 Old 24th May 2016 at 12:13 AM
Well, are you into cuter weeds? These are all deco. No care or fuss at all.

http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/fil...624-dandelions/
http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...ant_Garden.html
http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...ous_Garden.html (Some of the leaf colors are a little weird on these, though. Sometimes I still use them.)
http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/fil...it-for-a-queen/

Not all weeds are ugly. There can be beauty, even in a neglected lot. And if you want more ugly, the game has a few dead-looking plants as well.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 25th May 2016 at 12:13 PM
Perfect plants http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0 - and they still have to prune trees and look after crops.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#37 Old 25th May 2016 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I think Kativip made some weeds? (which are probably not going to kill any Sims, but I think AndrewGloria said they were too expensive or something - although a weed is just a flower growing in the wrong place )

Easy enough to fix the price. I do that all the time. A lot of people make new meshes and forget they modelled it on some incredibly expensive bit of kit in the first place. I remember - all that time ago - the first one I did was an ice cream priced at about $4,000 - ridiculous.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#38 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Pescado has always been marmite in the sims community. Do you remember the fallout over the OMGWTFBBQ? I doubt he will pull his mods over a few posts on MTS which is a site he barely ever visits anyway. He does not strike me as the kind of sensitive flower who is upset by criticism. He'd just insult you back

I remember him complaining in the OMGWTFBBQ comments thread about the mods deleting his hatemail, because the hatemail was the best part. XD
Inventor
#39 Old 25th May 2016 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
As for my original intention to encourage my Sims to behave better, I've pretty well given up. All the encouragement they've had hasn't produced one point of personality change that's visible in the game; when I look at them in SimPE, I can occasionally see a percentage point that's moved, but never a full point. Training them -- cancel "Poke" and "Annoy", and put in "Joke" and "Apologise", and not fulfilling their evil wants -- effectively reforms them much better without changing their personality points at all.

I share your desire to allow sims the chance to improve. It seems to me unfair that a child who starts off spraying his cornflakes and flooding the shower should not have the chance, over the years, of learning better. I have the 'encouragificator' loaded, and that works well, so long as the parent and child have a high enough relationship. Daniel Pleasant cannot teach Niceness to Lilith because she hates him. Of course, any parent with six Neatness points can teach an amenable child; the 'encouragificator' just speeds up the process so they will keep going till you tell them to stop. If neither parent has six Neatness points, then the child has only one option: the Big Book of Shadows. Reading this book encourages the missing virtues. I don't know where I found this book, but it has been the saving of many a slobby sim. Not all sims will consent to sit down and read for long enough to gain personality points, but many will. They arrive at university perfect slobs, and leave as perfect ladies and gentlemen.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 25th May 2016 at 9:13 PM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#41 Old 25th May 2016 at 9:29 PM
I've just been playing with Rozen Nancarrow from Polgannon and it strikes me that those herbs are just perfect for her. I think imma gonna pull macrotastics (which I don't really use anyway) and try those out.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 25th May 2016 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Easy enough to fix the price. I do that all the time. A lot of people make new meshes and forget they modelled it on some incredibly expensive bit of kit in the first place. I remember - all that time ago - the first one I did was an ice cream priced at about $4,000 - ridiculous.

I did not know that (probably not going to be able to ever make a mesh either) - interesting! (Would expect a handful of diamonds in that ice cream myself).
Mad Poster
#43 Old 25th May 2016 at 9:55 PM
I laughed pretty hard when I read this thread. I might try the herbs myself, although I'll stick to the non-deadly version.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 27th May 2016 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I did not know that (probably not going to be able to ever make a mesh either) - interesting! (Would expect a handful of diamonds in that ice cream myself).

Not very good for a Sim's dental work, though ... "Oh, this ice cream has some interesting ice crystals!" (crunch).

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#45 Old 27th May 2016 at 2:38 PM
What I don't understand is why you have these neat little shortcuts in Sims Castaway (press K for cleaning up, H for Hunger, Y for Hygiene, and so on) but we don't have these in the main game. If I had those, I wouldn't need macrotastics.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#46 Old 27th May 2016 at 8:18 PM
@Justpetro Would you like me to give you my cheapened versions of Kativip's weeds and dead trees? As I recall, I made all the weeds free, and the trees nominally priced. (Tree 1 costs §1, Tree 2 costs §2, etc., so I could tell them apart by their price!) It's easier for me to give them to you than to tell you how to do it in SimPE, because, to be honest, I can't remember exactly what I did!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#47 Old 27th May 2016 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
What I don't understand is why you have these neat little shortcuts in Sims Castaway (press K for cleaning up, H for Hunger, Y for Hygiene, and so on) but we don't have these in the main game. If I had those, I wouldn't need macrotastics.

Can you play with more than one sim in Sims Castaway?

Mad Poster
#48 Old 27th May 2016 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@Justpetro Would you like me to give you my cheapened versions of Kativip's weeds and dead trees? As I recall, I made all the weeds free, and the trees nominally priced. (Tree 1 costs §1, Tree 2 costs §2, etc., so I could tell them apart by their price!) It's easier for me to give them to you than to tell you how to do it in SimPE, because, to be honest, I can't remember exactly what I did!

I will love that Thank you, kind Sir
Mad Poster
#49 Old 28th May 2016 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Can you play with more than one sim in Sims Castaway?

Yes. The commands apply to the sim that you have selected.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 28th May 2016 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
If neither parent has six Neatness points, then the child has only one option: the Big Book of Shadows. Reading this book encourages the missing virtues. I don't know where I found this book, but it has been the saving of many a slobby sim. Not all sims will consent to sit down and read for long enough to gain personality points, but many will. They arrive at university perfect slobs, and leave as perfect ladies and gentlemen.
Thanks music2ologist and venusking! I had seen those books before, but, because of the witchcraft and occult tags, I assumed they were just something for Apartment Life. It seems though they are suitable for all EP configurations, so I'll download them and see how my Sims get on. §999 is a lot to pay for a book, and well beyond the means of some of them, but maybe we can set up a public library so everyone can benefit.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Page 2 of 3