Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2016 at 4:25 AM
Sims can't watch TV, nor intereact with it, and also can't buy them
The title says all. I was coding in my Sims3 game, and these are the only lines of code I added via copy-paste with a few differences. The lines in bold are the custom code I added via not copy-paste.

<Channel_Name>Anime</Channel_Name>
<Channel_Level>Level1</Channel_Level>
<Video_File_Names>AnimeChannelShow1</Video_File_Names>
<Effect_On_Skill>Writing</Effect_On_Skill>
<Sync_Event_Name></Sync_Event_Name>
<Buff_Prereq></Buff_Prereq>
<Target_Buff></Target_Buff>
<IsRomanticChannel>1</IsRomanticChannel>
<IsWorkOutChannel>0</IsWorkOutChannel>
<IsHorrorChannel>1</IsHorrorChannel>
<IsKidsChannel>1</IsKidsChannel>
<IsSportsChannel>0</IsSportsChannel>
<TeachesRecepies>0</TeachesRecepies>
<IsVideoGameChannel>1</IsVideoGameChannel>
<IsHomeMovieChannel>0</IsHomeMovieChannel>
<IsWeatherChannel>0</IsWeatherChannel>
</TVChannel><Associated_Traits>-</Associated_Traits>

The "0" is for false, like in the cheat "Testingcheatsenabled False"

Whilst "0" is for true, like in the cheat "Testingcheatsenabled True"

I don't know what the hell I did, but now my game is screwed up. And just after I got the audio in TS3 and 4 back...
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 22nd May 2016 at 3:37 PM
This is a modding question. You should try create/Sims3/modding discussion in the menu above.
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd May 2016 at 11:33 PM
I am going to guess that this is XML tuning, and if it is i hope you didn't edit the file itself but first extracted the wanted tuning and than edited it.
Plus adding a channel would be more work than copy-paste already written code(probably needed new scripts, videos...).

What i'd recommend is to got to the file you edited and remove the code you added, that should fix what you did

I need a cigarette
Alchemist
#4 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:54 PM
Code:

Doesn't this mean it'll show up only when playing video games?
And, like MeltingMagnetz said, you need to link the videos to this channel, maybe add a new interaction-type option on the TV so this channel shows up alongside the others.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2016 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Code:

Doesn't this mean it'll show up only when playing video games?
And, like MeltingMagnetz said, you need to link the videos to this channel, maybe add a new interaction-type option on the TV so this channel shows up alongside the others.

I did.....................................
Alchemist
#6 Old 26th May 2016 at 2:51 AM
There must be something else you missed. We need more information than just "I did." Frankly, I think this thread should be under modding discussion since you're apparently creating a new channel? Also, maybe the <IsVideoGameChannel> tag could be the culprit since it shouldn't be set alongside regular TV channel. Just my guess.

Just call me Nikel