Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 9:08 PM
Default Underground Bunker, a Virus Apocalypse Challenge
Story:
At approximately 8:47A, you were cleaning the table from breakfast when the T V playing in the background flipped to the Emergency Broadcast System channel. Of course this caught your attention while you were washing dishes and you stood to watch what the channel was broadcasting, plate in hand. The channel changed from the annoying beep to show a man at a podium in a shiny suit, both hands on either side of the stand. As the man began to speak, chills ran down your spine.

"Citizeins of Sim Nation, I am Dr. Shane Wolff, cofounder of FutureSim Labs. It's with great sorrow that I come to you today on behalf of all the physicians at I Fell Down Clinic, and fellow scientists and the President himself, to tell you that we are sealing off the island of Windenburg from the mainland. 1 week ago, a virus with the ability to kill a Sim in 48 hours was discovered on the outskirts of Granite Falls. In the past 24 hours, reports of this virus, called SRRS or Simicillin-Resistant Respiratory Syndrome, have come out of Windenburg and the death toll...is rising. The President has made an executive decision to prevent further infection. God save those left on that island."

The fear rips through you as the channel clicks off and turns back to cartoons. You just sent your kids to school; your spouse just left for work. Though these unnerving thoughts are soaring through your mind, you gather yourself and take no time speeding to your children, contacting your spouse on the way and hoping they've heard the situation already and are on their way out.

When you reach the school, it's a practical mad house. Teachers, students, and parents frantic to get out and get home. It's only a miracle that your children immediately spot their parent and rush to the car, leaving while they can still get of the parking lot. Reaching your spouse's job, you see people bursting through the exits to their cars and after the sea of Sims thins out, your spouse sprints through the exit. Seeing their spouse, they immediately run to the car door. You two talk briefly, agreeing to have one follow the other in the cars to get home.

When you get home, you explain to your spouse that you may have a safe place to go. You show your spouse a bunker you found and have been working on since the two of you have been married. You both agree, this may be the only chance of survival if the virus reaches the town. People are dying and the world is falling into chaos. This virus has already ravaged two cities. The world is ending and this is the apocalypse. Can you survive it?

Setup:
  • Build a pod-like bunker beneath any household you wish to use for this challenge. You can build this bunker in any town except Windenburg. This bunker must have the highest grade appliances and furniture and using cheats for this is allowed. You must be able to house up to 8 Sims in this bunker at any given time. You must have an on-lot graveyard and open space for a large garden, at least 6 4-space plots should fit in.
  • When creating Sims, there should be no makeup, layered clothing, boots or tennis shoes, and up do's as the appropriate clothing and hair.
  • There should be no more than 2 adults and 2 children or teens, for a total of 4 Sims to start with.
  • Sims created in CaS must have at least 2 of the positive traits and no negative traits, both of which can be found below.
  • Remove all the Sims from Windenburg, it will repopulate on its own.

Rules:
  • Cheats are allowed except those for needs.
  • You are only in partial control of your Sims. 3 days out of the week, you will be able to control your Sims and do whatever you need to do with them, level skills or gather food, whatever you want. The remaining 4 days you are not allowed to interfere with what your Sims do unless they are on the verge of starvation or emotional distress (unless that's how you want them to die).
  • When deciding whether to add a Sim to your household, they must have 1 positive trait and no negative traits. You cannot edit them in CaS unless it's hair or clothing.
  • There will be stages in this challenge in which you may lose the ability to use electrical appliances, you must garden for food, and look for survivors. All stages are found below.
  • Sims cannot leave the lot unless collecting food or going to work/school or unless prompted by a stage. When Sims return from doing anything else besides going to work or school including gathering food, you must roll a die to determine their infectivity rate. If, and only if, a Sim in your household gets sick and a Sim besides the one who is sick has a Logic skill higher than 5, the Sim must be quarantined for 1 Sim week. If a Sim gets sick with no one in the household with a high enough Logic skill, that Sim must be killed, starvation is the recommended way. To quarantine a Sim, place them in a room with a toilet, single bed and personal kitchen to keep them away from other Sims. Infectivity rates are found within stages.
  • Sims can only learn certain skills and have certain jobs, Others can be useless or even detrimental to the challenge. Both can be found below.
  • When you wish to remove Sims from your household, you can start a fire, have a famine, and make people emotionally distraught to thin the ranks.

Positive Traits- Active, Genius, Neat, Slob, Self- Assured, Evil, Loner, Good, Glutton, Kleptomaniac, Loves Outdoors, Family-Oriented, Noncommittal
Negative Traits- Gloomy, Bro, Romantic, Art Lover, Snob, Music Lover, Foodie, Childish, Clumsy, Squeamish, Lazy, Materialistic, Dance Machine
Positive Skills- Cooking, Handiness, Fitness, Wellness, Logic, Gardening, Fishing, Herbalism, Charisma, Mental, Social, Motor, Baking, Programming, Rocket Science
Positive Careers- Science, Astronaut, Tech Guru, Business, Criminal, Secret Agent, Law Enforcement, Medicine

Stage 1- Generation One
I.R.-1-5=negative, 6=positive
  • Sims must raise children inside the bunker, they cannot leave the lot or bunker unless gathering food or going to work/school
  • Sims must not travel outside home town and cannot go anywhere near Windenburg or Granite Falls.
  • Sims must level up positive skill and attend positive careers
  • Sims can only marry and add Sims from their jobs and must stay away from townies who could possibly be infected.

Stage 2- Generation Two and Three
I.R.-1-5=negative, 6=positive
  • Sims must raise children inside the bunker, they cannot leave the lot or bunker unless gathering food or going to work/school.
  • Sims must not travel outside home town and cannot go anywhere near Windenburg or Granite Falls.
  • Sims must level up positive skill and attend positive careers.
  • Sims can only marry and add Sims from their jobs and must stay away from townies who could possibly be infected.
  • Sims must go out to borders of lot to make friends to possibly add to the household.

Stage 3- Generation Four and Five
I.R.-1-4=negative, 5-6=positive
  • Sims must raise children inside the bunker, they cannot leave the lot or bunker unless gathering food or going to work/school.
  • Sims must grow a garden for food and can no longer venture beyond the lot to gather food. Water appliances are no longer functioning as the city's water supply has been drained dry.
  • Sims can marry and add Sims from their jobs and townies.
  • Sims must go out to borders of lot to make friends to possibly add to the household.

Stage 4- Generation Six and Seven
I.R.-1-4=negative, 5-6=positive
  • Sims must grow a garden for food and can no longer venture beyond the lot to gather food. Water appliances are no longer functioning as the city's water supply has been drained dry. Electrical devices are no longer working as the power lines have eroded away. Only Sims with a handiness level of 6 or higher may use electrical devices.

Stage 5- Generation Eight
I.R.-1-3=negative, 4-6=positive
  • Sims cannot go anywhere near Granite Falls, but must only fish in Windenburg, where the fish may be contaminated but the only supply of food is left.
  • Sims must grow a garden for food and can no longer venture beyond the lot to gather food. Water appliances are no longer functioning as the city's water supply has been drained dry. Electrical devices are no longer working as the power lines have eroded away. Only Sims with a handiness level of 6 or higher may use electrical devices.

Stage 6- Generation Nine
I.R.-1-3=negative, 4-6=positive
  • Sims cannot go anywhere near Granite Falls, but must only fish in Windenburg, where the fish may be contaminated but the only supply of food is left.
  • Sims must grow a garden for food and can no longer venture beyond the lot to gather food. Water appliances are no longer functioning as the city's water supply has been drained dry. Electrical devices are no longer working as the power lines have eroded away. Only Sims with a handiness level of 8 or higher may use electrical devices and water appliances.
  • Sims who travel to Windenburg must roll twice upon returning to see if they are infected. If infected, there is no chance of survival and they must be killed.

Stage 6- Generation Nine
I.R.-1-2=negative, 3-6=positive
  • Sims must only fish in Windenburg, where the fish may be contaminated but the only supply of food is left. Sims may venture cautiously into Granite Falls, but any contact with townies is positive infection without roll of the die. It is necessary to travel to Granite Falls to acquire the Herbalism skill and gather new food.
  • Sims must grow a garden for food. Water appliances are no longer functioning as the city's water supply has been drained dry. Electrical devices are no longer working as the power lines have eroded away. Only Sims with a handiness level of 10 or higher may use electrical devices and water appliances.
  • Sims who travel to Windenburg must roll twice upon returning to see if they are infected. Sims who travel to Granite Falls must roll three times upon returning home to see if they are infected. Even if the die has the number of infectivity only once, there is no chance of survival and they must be killed.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th May 2017 at 3:11 PM
ohhh I like this idea. two questions though: what does I.R. stand for and ... actually the answer to my second question was already in the post haha. would love to see your starting family if you played through this
Edit: pro tip - read the challenge carefully before asking a question haha I tend to look over the generations to decide if I want to do a challenge and then read the full rules later...maybe not the best idea lol
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kindredmaje
When you wish to remove Sims from your household, you can start a fire, have a famine, and make people emotionally distraught to thin the ranks.

Quote: Originally posted by kindredmaje
Cheats are allowed except those for needs.

...what about 'interactions.push death_<deathtype>'? IE. my sims getting electrocuted for no reason?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:33 AM
This looks exciting. Gets more difficult as you play. Several things I would add While I am playing.
At Stage 3
I. Homeschooling, as too dangerous to risk ex-poser to my children.
2. Prior to having a garden would require a sim to be at Handiness 6 and Physical 10 so they can build a well to water said garden. Then allow my sim to plant. Also the well would not allowed to be over any part of bunker, as it is built deep enough to reach clean ground underwater spring. Can use a 2x2 fountain or well to symbolize. This will be important for toddlers so you can boil water for them to bath.
3. With well built, my Sims will be allowed one basic, no frills, well drawn bath a week. Toddlers 2.
4. Incinerator Room for all garbage and food.
(Also after stage 3 all references to leaving bunker to gather food should be omitted, since hence forth, a personal garden is required.)

PS. I'll take a lazy Sim over a Slob any day. Slob will be negligent on personal hygiene and health/safety protocol ("He only coughed on it once, didn't see any blood" or "The sandwich was only on the floor a sec or or three. What's the big deal?". Lazy maybe hard to motivate to work but but their mentality is to always look out for their best interest. Survival.
Also, I imagine if there is a Living Dr. or Scientist in the home, that is level five or higher in household, when it is time for another Family sim (Never risk family Dr.) to go to Granite Falls or Windenburg, that Sim should be able to roll a die less. Maybe a temporary immune booster shot was given that last 24-36 hours. Or it stays three dice but chances roll back to Stage 4 (5-6 positive) and if they encounter a Sim, instead of instant death (back to 3-6 positive.)

Also, the the logic skill still allow 7 day incubation for a positive roll, with no Sim Through all stages. What does the Reduction could the Dr. or especially the Scientist add to the incubation time reduction.
Any thoughts, since the original poster has been to link since June 2016?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2017 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crissylp89
ohhh I like this idea. two questions though: what does I.R. stand for and ... actually the answer to my second question was already in the post haha. would love to see your starting family if you played through this
Edit: pro tip - read the challenge carefully before asking a question haha I tend to look over the generations to decide if I want to do a challenge and then read the full rules later...maybe not the best idea lol

I.R. stands for infection rate.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2017 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hadron1776
...what about 'interactions.push death_<deathtype>'? IE. my sims getting electrocuted for no reason?

If you mean the cheat to choose how to kill your Sims without any outside influence then yes those cheats are allowed, I just meant no cheats that can increase or decrease your needs, or influence them in any way.