Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 132 (Who?), Viewed: 23880 times.
Page 1 of 6
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:38 AM Last edited by jpage1982 : 10th Jun 2016 at 2:35 AM.
June 2nd, 2016 Patch - Mod Conflicts
Just thought I should post my findings, thus far, for others who may or may not be experiencing issues with the latest patch.
That said, here are the mods that conflict, as well as the issues they present:

- CC Wrench Icon Overrides by plasticbox - Graphics issues with the UI; especially the Options menu and its variants
- Community Pool by Zerbu - Crashes during startup

I haven't played long enough to notice any other issues, but those are the glaring ones I've seen, thus far. Feel free to add any others that I have missed.
Hope that helps!

*Update* - Thanks for the additional reports! Well, here is a list of what has been reported by other members:

- More_CAS_Columns_(4_Columns).package **Now Updated!**
- MTS_clown_1459534_EnableDebugCheats
*Updated, see below!*
(Both are incompatible with UI update)

- cmar_female_NudeinCAS.package
- cmar_male_NudeinCAS.package

-> Seems to delete CAS parts instead to set nude skins...
In addition, I notice a problem in rendering nude skin too.

- Director Mods by Arkeus17

- MTS_Scumbumbo_CallAnytime_ChatLonger+GainRelationship_v7 - makes the sim reset when they try to call someone.
- bz_PutAwayItems_Fix_v1_13 - the "put away" action on food does nothing. The action immediately drops out of queue.

- Shop from fridge and recipe overhaul - causes me to not be able to load any household--it goes into eternal loading. *Updated!*

- Same sex pregnancy mods are no longer needed. Additionally, the pregnancy test for males options in Aren's same sex pregnancy mod no longer works.

- "aom-plain-catalog-and-swatch" not working anymore *Updated!*

- Teen Careers for All Ages mod by Plasticbox - YA Sims in PT careers reset when trying to go to work.

- Any mod that involves using Interaction Tuning XMLs. It's very possible there will be a new Occult type making its way into the game soon. As all the files that need changing, - just about anything that sims can interact with - have been fitted with a "Human" use tag.

**Link to Zerbu's Mod Repair Tool (For "Breakdown of Buff Mods..."**

- Faster Gardening Mod may no longer be needed... I think EA has changed something for gardening time. Each operation takes 1-2 simminute, same with what made faster gardening. I don't think the game needs this mod.

- Lipstick Equality causes infinite title screen, although it is pretty much useless now.

- Evol_Evolved expanded physique range mod breaks the new gender options function

- Zerbu's career and politics mods don't seem to be compatible either. *He might have already fixed it!*

- May_TS4_Hair88M-May_TS4_Hair94F-May_TS4_Hair104M-May_TS4_Hair106F Crashes the game (you have the intro but not the Mods list or the menu to play or create a sim).

- Unlocked Swamp Pack by bakiegaming makes the game unable to launch.

- More Clubs Per Sim by Neia: You can't load games with it, the main menu is completely black, sim mugshots are glitched out, etc. *Updated*

- (Vanilla game bug) Career doctor: when The doctor examines a patient, the patient is reset. The game generates a file last exception!

- Scumbumbo/DrChillgood Toilets Clog Not Spew - No longer working

- MadameButterfly's Mods now up to date! Grab'em here!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with everyone, so just keep posting whatever findings you make, as we all appreciate it!

*Additional Note* - Updates have been made, people! Be sure to check here for all the mods updated for this patch here on modthesims!

**Additional Additional Note** - Weerbesu updated the Debug Cheats Mod by clown! Grab it here , and give the swell guy a proverbial pat on the back and thank you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 8:39 AM
(I reported that yesterday in another topic, but as this topic is more suitable I copy / paste my comment here now too )

At the moment, I can report those mods that are no more working :
- More_CAS_Columns_(4_Columns).package
- MTS_clown_1459534_EnableDebugCheats.zip
(Both are incompatible with UI update)

And :
- cmar_female_NudeinCAS.package
- cmar_male_NudeinCAS.package
-> Seems to delete CAS parts instead to set nude skins...

In addition, I notice a problem in rendering nude skin too.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 8:57 AM
Enable Debug Cheats by Clown stopped working for me too

As well as the Zone Director Mods by Arkeus17
Basically, i would start the game with these mods, go to a nightclub or cafe and there were no NPC's or patrons. I removed these and the community lots returned to working normal.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:03 AM
Shimrod's faster skills mod does not appear to be working. Sims are acquiring skills at a very slow pace. Also Master Controller and/or Scumbumbo's Faster Gardening. My sim could not water the plants with both in my game.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figlilly
Shimrod's faster skills mod does not appear to be working. Sims are acquiring skills at a very slow pace. Also Master Controller and/or Scumbumbo's Faster Gardening. My sim could not water the plants with both in my game.

I use -Sims 4 Faster Skills Very Fast v1.3- without any problem as I just testing it twice when I saw your post. ( from maloekoegirl at : http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=568988 )

Hope that help
Inventor
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 12:02 PM
MC Command Center is working fine except for one script error related to his clown fix from what i just read. And I know it's fine in my game. Tested it last night without any other mods. Plus a new release is coming very soon.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 12:09 PM
At least you can play. Last night, I placed a house in neighborhood - it's gone today. And my CAS screen? I get an uncustomizable Sim in the middle of my screen and the buttons at the top right don't work.

Is that happening to anyone else? I'm about to hunt down mods and remove them, but this update bites so far.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 12:54 PM
Shop from fridge and recipe overhaul causes me to not be able to load any household--it goes into eternal loading.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:30 PM
MTS_Scumbumbo_CallAnytime_ChatLonger+GainRelationship_v7 -makes the sim reset when they try to call someone.
bz_PutAwayItems_Fix_v1_13 -the "put away" action on food does nothing. The action immediately drops out of queue. On the dl page it says this bug may have been fixed in a previous patch but it's still in my game so I hope this mod is updated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:55 PM
Thanks for the reports, thus far! If there are others we've missed, please post about them.
Much appreciated!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 3:11 PM
Same sex pregnancy mods are no longer needed. Additionally, the pregnancy test for males options in Aren's same sex pregnancy mod no longer works.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 3:55 PM
Hi!

"aom-plain-catalog-and-swatch" not working anymore
Inventor
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 3:59 PM
I double-checked on the Teen Careers for All Ages mod by Plasticbox after reading a report it was broken. Indeed it is. My YA Sims in PT careers reset when trying to go to work. Quit then and took it back out. I assume if it was broken for them, it probably broke the careers for Teens too.
Smeg Head
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 4:18 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 4th Jun 2016 at 12:48 AM.
Oh my goodness. Any mod that involves using Interaction Tuning XMLs - and that will be a hefty amount - will need updating. Most of mine so far and I'm only half way through checking. It's very possible there will be a new Occult type making its way into the game soon. As all the files that need changing, - just about anything that sims can interact with - have been fitted with a "Human" use tag. As opposed to something non human not being allowed to use objects? That's why so many mods/files will need changing, never mind all the new gender/restaurant stuff on top of all that.

I know the upcoming kid's pack will have monsters, but a mere Stuff Pack introducing a whole new occult type? Perhaps a food-creature-sim in the Dining Pack, Jellysims? (That's a trifle disconcerting.) Or Plantsims return maybe? Or just gearing up for Pets, perhaps?

Either way, something non human cometh this way soon...

Right, I'm getting back to my mod update checks. Sheesh there's a lot of it...
Instructor
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 4:32 PM Last edited by catalina_45 : 3rd Jun 2016 at 5:31 PM.
I tried to update Scumbumbo faster gardening mod, but the game generates a file last exception. I don't know how to read this file and do not know where I am wrong. (used microsoft words translate).

Note
I updated my mod Espresso_machine give more energy to patch 1.19

Edit:
I think EA has changed something for gardening time. Each operation takes 1-2 simminute, same with what made faster gardening. I don't think the game needs this mod.

I updated Scumbumbo_CallAnytime_ChatLonger+GainRelationship to patch 1.19, but I don't know if the staff let me upload this updated mod.

Words are soul's image
Check out for more updated mods: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ina-45/p1?new=1
My mods on MTS linked here: http://modthesims.info/browse.php?g...Type=2&u=656055
Smeg Head
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 5:29 PM
HOLY COW!!!

And I said the Interaction Tuning XMLs were a lot.

I've just compared my Objects Tuning XMLs and every last blooming one of them needs updating!!!! That going to take a long frakking while!!!! Across the wider sims community of object downloads, that's almost every last one will need updating!

But the mystery to the debug tool being broken is now unveiled. ALL objects in game, and I do mean all of them from what I'm looking at, have been given a few debug tool actions directly. I'm only guessing here, it will need confiming in game, but you might not need Clown's Debug Tool mod (Now broken) to perform a few tricks on objects. As long as testing cheats is enabled, you probably just hold down shift key click on object to see delete, reset and set as head without need of external/additional mod. I'm wondering now is it the same for sims themselves? That's my guess, or why else would they now include it directly on every last game object XML?

I'm not going to be actually loading up the game for a while with all this file checking, but It'd be lovely if someone can confirm that. Clown's Debug Tool is definitely broken, but it might not actually be needed anymore and Maxis may have opened up the shift/debug menus in the game themselves.

But anyway, wow for the frikken updating!!! This beats last year's infamous March patch hands down.
Instructor
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:05 PM
Lipstick Equality causes infinite title screen, although it is pretty much useless now.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Zennia : 4th Jun 2016 at 4:08 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
HOLY COW!!!

And I said the Interaction Tuning XMLs were a lot.

I've just compared my Objects Tuning XMLs and every last blooming one of them needs updating!!!! That going to take a long frakking while!!!! Across the wider sims community of object downloads, that's almost every last one will need updating!

But the mystery to the debug tool being broken is now unveiled. ALL objects in game, and I do mean all of them from what I'm looking at, have been given a few debug tool actions directly. I'm only guessing here, it will need confiming in game, but you might not need Clown's Debug Tool mod (Now broken) to perform a few tricks on objects. As long as testing cheats is enabled, you probably just hold down shift key click on object to see delete, reset and set as head without need of external/additional mod. I'm wondering now is it the same for sims themselves? That's my guess, or why else would they now include it directly on every last game object XML?

I'm not going to be actually loading up the game for a while with all this file checking, but It'd be lovely if someone can confirm that. Clown's Debug Tool is definitely broken, but it might not actually be needed anymore and Maxis may have opened up the shift/debug menus in the game themselves.

I used Clown's debug tool constantly for many things regarding control of my sims and i can tell you, all those interactions are missing since the debug tool is broken.

Even a simple thing like shift clicking on a sim and resetting them before they wreak havoc on any given situation i used religiously. That's not an option any longer. Also there was the option to delete a sim by shift clicking, which i also used constantly on community lots. That option gave me full control over who showed up at community lots. I used debug to control sims emotions which was in perpetual use in my game. I used it to for careers, relationships, etc.. Not to mention the mailbox is now missing several options that debug enabled. Now it feels like the whole game is completely different without these options. I'm really hating this update on many levels. It just sucks.

I think debug is still essential to the game. I hope someone looks into this.

Edited to add other things i used enable debug for, because i think this mod is that important.
by shift clicking on any sim, things i could do with enable debug but now all of these options are gone...

remove moodlets
add moodlets ...(one example of the ways i used moodlets for control is, i could go to one household and give a sim the focus moodlet that would last up to 30 days, so when i switched to another house and go to a club, if the sim with the focus moodlet showed up at the club, he wouldn't get a flirty trait via the DJ).
reset any sim
delete any sim (this isn't a permanent delete, but just removes them from the lot)
promote/demote and choose careers
fill needs individually or for the entire lot
kill any sim with all choices available in the manner in which they would die.
add anyone to the family
set relationships such as parent, child, etc.
set relationships such as friend, enemy, romantic, etc.
control sicknesses such as the type and severity of the sickness
choose what type of occult sim with alien being the only choice at this time.
delete just about any object, anywhere
shift click on garden plants and several awesome debug interactions become available

I'll add more as i think of them and there are quite a bit more.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:52 PM
Zerbu has made a tool that repairs the mods and updates the xml code: here

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:54 PM
Evol_Evolved expanded physique range mod breaks the new gender options function
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:59 PM Last edited by Zennia : 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:14 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar

Thanks for that link. Do you think this will fix Clowns debug enable mod?

Never mind, it won't. It doesn't read pyo/py files
Smeg Head
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia
I used Clown's debug tool constantly for many things regarding control of my sims and i can tell you, all those interactions are missing since the debug tool is broken.

Even a simple thing like shift clicking on a sim and resetting them before they wreak havoc on any given situation i used religiously. That's not an option any longer. Also there was the option to delete a sim by shift clicking, which i also used constantly on community lots. I used debug to control sims emotions which was in perpetual use in my game. I used it to for careers, relationships, etc.. Now it feels like the whole game is completely different without these options. I'm really hating this update on many levels. It just sucks.

Then I'm wondering if Maxis have made a new console cheat which then opens up the debug choices. Because it baffles me why they would add those commands to each object XML individually. That's a hell of a lot of XMLs to throw out of whack, causing update carnage across the board, for no obvious reason.

It may be for their own in-house testing purposes, - (like "set as head" now added to every object XML is so much needed for testing purposes???) - but again that would imply a console cheat to access debug. The mystery continues...
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:04 PM
I wondered if there was a new console cheat as well but as you say, the mystery continues. I hope not for long though! Yes and that set as head option seems completely useless.

It just seems the game has become more an observation type of deal (especially with the loss of clowns debug cheat) rather than any real control or in depth interacting with my sims. If i can't control my sims and i have boat loads of custom families what's the point of playing? Left to themselves they do the stupidest things imaginable.
Smeg Head
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:13 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 4th Jun 2016 at 12:38 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar

Nice tool, though it is only for Buff XMLs specifically.

Good for setting the Buff XML plural thing straight, as Zerbu explains. But will have no effect on Object or Interaction XMLs.

The Object XMLs could be Batch Fixed in a similar way though, as it is the same three lines of code added to each in the same place for many hundreds.

The ones regarding the new Human Tag info, they're a bit more complicated with new lines of code splashed here and there throughout in each.
Instructor
#25 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
Nice tool, though it is only for Buff XMLs specifically.
Good for setting the Buff XML plural thing straight, as Zerbu explains. But will haver no effect on Object or Interaction XMLs.

I have used the program for 2 mods and it worked:
-No auto drink from fridge and -No auto dance to stereo...
It was a test, but it worked in game.

Words are soul's image
Check out for more updated mods: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ina-45/p1?new=1
My mods on MTS linked here: http://modthesims.info/browse.php?g...Type=2&u=656055
Page 1 of 6