Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 12:00 PM
Default San Felipe - A Journey Back to 19th Century Philippines! (No CC) (Ready to Upload,Testers Wanted)
Mabuhay! Greeting from the Philippines! This month, my country celebrates 118 years of independence! I've been working non stop on this world for the past week and I'm so excited to share it with everyone soon! The world is practically 99% done but I would like some people to test it first before I finally upload it here on MTS. I know most people aren't familiar with our culture here in the Philippines so I hope this project will provide an idea of our Filipino culture.

Requirements: All EPs and All SPs, and some Store Content no Custom Content

The world is currently un-populated, however I do plan to include pre-made sims in the final upload.

Name: The name of San Felipe is a reference to the name of the Philippines itself. The Philippines is named after King Philip II of Spain and since many towns in the country use names of Roman Catholic saint names I decided that the San Felipe would be a very appropriate name for this world.

History: The world of San Felipe mirrors the real life history of the Philippines. Centuries ago the Spanish colonized the islands to gain power over Asia and to trade with neighboring civilizations such as China and Japan. Centuries of foreign trade has transformed the native culture into one that we recognize today.

Description: San Felipe is a tiny world consisting of 14 lots, 7 community and 7 residential lots. The world has no roads and rabbit holes. The main inspiration for this world are the small towns and villages in central Philippines. The island is surrounded by white sand beaches, palm trees and coral reefs. The town center features traditional architecture of the Philippines and is designed to resemble how towns were like during the 19th century.

Here's a map of the town with labels identifying each lot.

All lots are fully furnished. The number of bathrooms are determined by the number of toilets present in the lot. Most lots do not have an actual bath however there is a bath house community lot where sims can go to take baths! Below I will discuss all 14 lots in this world. I will offer some description and technical details a well. Spanish and Filipino language was used to name these lots, however I will provide some English translations to make things less confusing.

Quote:
Community Lots
- #01 Lot name: Puerta de San Felipe (Gateway) - Visitors Allowed
- #02 Lot name: Plaza Mayor (Town Square) - Big Park
- #03 Lot name: Iglesia de San Felipe (Parish Church) - Visitors Allowed
- #04 Lot name: Mercado (Marketplace) - Market
- #05 Lot name: Los BaƱos (Public Bath) - Visitors Allowed
- #06 Lot name: Fuerza Oriental (Eastern Watchtower) - Visitors Allowed
- #07 Lot name: Fuerza Occidental (Western Watchtower) - Visitors Allowed

Quote:
Residential Lots
- #08 Lot name: N/A (Starter House) - 1 Bed/ 1 Bath
- #09 Lot name: N/A (Starter House) - 1 Bed/ 1 Bath
- #10 Lot name: N/A - 2 Bed/ 2 Bath
- #11 Lot name: N/A - 2 Bed/ 2 Bath
- #12 Lot name: N/A - 2 Bed/ 2 Bath
- #13 Lot name: Casa Real (Government House) - 2 Bed/ 2 Bath
- #14 Lot name: Casa Hacienda (Estate House) - 5 Bed/ 2 Bath

Additional Screenshots:

Exteriors

Interiors

I would very much like to hear all your opinions, suggestions and advice when I upload this world. I hope you all enjoy playing in this world!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a...Felipe_V1.0.rar
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 12:25 PM
This looks really good! It has a very unique style, and it's great to have the Philippines represented in the Sims 3
Nice job!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 9:25 AM
@Nilxis Thanks for checking this out. I love your worlds! I spent so many hours looking at you work while I was working on this. :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 11:05 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 19th Jun 2016 at 1:57 PM.
Looks great!

Some things:

- I would add a bright light blue/ green-blue underwater texture paint for underwater areas- like in Sunlit Tides

- Add some waves effects around the edge of the transition between the shallow and deep areas (waves breaking on the reef)
- Add a large jetty in front of the archway that extends out into the water- the lot should be large enough for people to turn into a dock- this means that your world will be Island Paradise-ready! Also deepen the area in the cove a bit to make sure boats can move in and out
- Some lots for future dive lots would work well- imagine diving for gold around a sunken Manila Galleon!
- Some beach side lots spread around the island would work well
- Some additional lots on the island for small farms
- Add some rock objects and smaller tropical undergrowth (banana leafs, trees & grass under the large trees) for interest
- Some small out-lying islands for people to explore would work great. High-level spawners would reward people who make the trip out there.

Can't wait to play it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 6:58 AM
@jje1000 Thanks for the suggestions! I have tons of new ideas now! :D
#6 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 4:55 PM
Awesome looking world, @Amichan619 It's nice to see fellow Asian to create world based on part of own's country, it will add the feel of authenticity.
My personal critic is the island is too quiet and empty with the available lots are not distributed evenly on island. There are lots in the center and two (number 6 & 7) are far away distant from each other. On the jungle part of the island, there's no lot available? Perhaps you could provide empty lot or nature scenery (like pond / waterfall / hill/ park with rocks and flowers?) built upon the lot? And if you could add houseboat (the type of traditional houseboat) on the edge of the island, it could add more interesting view & available resident house.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland