Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 7:33 AM
Default Updating the alien abduction mod
So, like many other mods, the alien abduction mod was broken by the June 7 patch (when the human tags were added). It's one I like to have in my game, so I used the XML extractor and tried to update all of the relevant files (and alter parameters as needed).

I was able to make the abduction part of the mod work properly (more or less--not sure the mixer interaction part of it is actually happening), but I can't get pregnancies from alien abductions to work with it (even for adult men).

I'm fairly sure that the issue has to be in the XML file with the instance ID ending in 191CE (an interaction XML from EP1). I've spent quite a bit of time re-reading and messing with it, but I haven't been able to figure out why it's not working. (I think I understand how the base file works in terms of causing pregnancy only for males who are YA and above, so I think I've changed the right parameters.) The original mod seems to have removed more of the XML code for this file than seems like should be necessary to me, but it's hard for me to say because I don't have an XML extract from before June 7. I admit I only have a basic understanding of XML modding--just what I've learned from trial and error, plus the bare basics of coding that are transferable from other languages (though I'm not a programmer by any means)... so I may be missing something obvious.

My current version of the updated mod is attached (and the original is in the downloads section/not mine). If anyone more experienced/insightful than me could take a look, I'd be grateful.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Alien_Abduction_self_updated.zip (11.6 KB, 35 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 5:37 AM
abductions work... I wish pregnancy did.