Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 1:02 AM
Default Strange Household Living Situations
I've searched the forum and haven't seen a topic on this, so I thought I'd start one!

When I started playing Sims 2, I was surprised at the flexibility of Create-a-Sim mode, since I could create couples and roommates, rather than the game assuming all adults were either in love or just living together. I could even create up to four couples or eight roommates, all about to live in the same space!

Then I made three "mistakes" shortly after starting to play the game: Loading Don Lothario's house before loading the Goth house, having Don marry Cassandra, then without looking at anything thought Alexander was Cassandra's child instead of her brother, and moved him in with Cassandra and Don. Enter the fun of strange living situations.

Later on, while poking around on my own I'd realize I could merge families into one household, and the possibilities seemed almost limitless. (With the exceptions of needing to have at least one adult Sim in a Create-a-Sim family, and any teens or younger needed to be related to an adult Sim in that family.)

My strangest household involved a family I created with one parent and two twin teens, but the parent didn't last too long (died "mysteriously," possibly screaming the name "Rodney"). I grew up the teens in that house, who upon reaching adulthood asked a neighboring family of three people if they'd like to move in. They accepted, only for the older siblings to move out separately when reaching adulthood, leaving the youngest child who was now a teen. Then one of the twins married and moved out on their own, leaving the other now-adult twin and the teen. Now the remaining twin was interested in someone, whom he married, and his new wife brought her two children from what I merely wrote was from her first marriage. So that household has parts of three totally different families living in it, one of whom is a teen that's unrelated to anybody else there.

So, I ask: do you make strange households in CAS, by merging households, or by other means? What's your strangest household you've ever created or played?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 3:08 AM
I've had a few odd ones over the years.

A couple has a few children and all of them are grown up and moved out, only one teen is left. The parents die leaving him all alone. Since he couldn't pay the bills, he got a roommate to live in the house with him. It was a woman with a child. This woman got married and her husband moved in. She is now pregnant again. Since the boy is still a teen, she takes care of him even though she is the tenant and he is the landlord.

Nervous Subject married a servo (everything thinks he is crazy for doing so) and they moved into the Spectre house when Olive died and Ophelia moved out. He wanted children but couldn't have them with a robot. Grim Reaper helped out by saving the wife of an unrelated man. In return, he demanded she have his kids. She had twins and Grim gave them to Nervous & his servo to raise. So they are raising children that are not theirs.

A woman got remarried after her husband died. She had one teen and 3 kids. Her and the new husband then had 2 more. Then the wife died. The teen helped her step-dad raise her siblings and half-siblings. This went on for so long (due to the young ages of the other children), she felt like she was their mother and the step-dad was her husband. Once she became an adult, this became a reality and they even had 2 more children of their own. So her half-siblings were also her step-children.

A poor family couldn't have children. They heard about a rich family having twins and decided to steal one. They ended up raising this boy as their own.

I have other situations like orphaned siblings raising the younger siblings, siblings raising their sibling's kids, sisters who have children by the same guy living together & helping each other out, men who raise a baby not their own (although they think it is), teens kicked out and living with other families, arranged marriages with one man and two or more wives, etc.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaytee95
Then I made three "mistakes" shortly after starting to play the game: Loading Don Lothario's house before loading the Goth house, having Don marry Cassandra, then without looking at anything thought Alexander was Cassandra's child instead of her brother, and moved him in with Cassandra and Don. Enter the fun of strange living situations.

My names Cassandra and that's my current living situation
Explaining it to people is really awkward. I'm guessing the woman at the housing company didn't look at our birthdates because when we were looking for a house, she saw we had a "child" living with us, and asked "are you planning on getting pregnant again?". Gee, I don't know Carol, having a baby at seven was a real pain

The weirdest living situation in my game (that I can think of) is in one of my custom neighbourhoods. I had an elder male and an adult female get married, they had a daughter 'Erika'. When Erika was a baby, her mother died from starvation during her second pregnancy. Her father later remarried another adult woman. Then Erika had her 4th birthday, and her father died. Leaving Erika's step-Mum to raise her. Then her Step-Mum got married to another elder (she was a goldigger) who had 3 children. So Erika wasn't blood related to anyone in the household.

Then there's the Newsons, who are in many different weird living situations. At the moment Gavin lives with his wife and teen Garrett in the 'original house' (first house I put them all in). Then there's Georgia who, after finding herself pregnant as a teenager, moved in with Ginger, her husband and their son, but will be moving out next rotation for University.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 9:43 PM
You're making me miss Drama Acres. Let me tell you about the Tricous of Drama Acres.

Lora Wolosenko, the oldest of the Tricou bastards, graduates from college and moves into a duplex. She plans to work hard, save her money, restore the family name, and buy and restore the House of Fallen Trees. She gets a roommate, Phoenix McClellan, to make ends meet. Bad News Beverly Ku, second oldest of the Tricou bastards, graduates and moves in with her big sister; then invites the oldest of the boys, Derek Zarubin, to move in, too. It's only a two-bedroom duplex but Lora is making money hand over fist and Bev has handed over her trust fund so she doesn't have to worry about it, so they're only a few thousand away from buying the HoFT when Beverly gets pregnant by "I dunno, some guy." (She knows perfectly well, but if Lora finds out she banged Ashley Pitts-Upsnott, married to their sorority sister in the other apartment, she'll make a BFD about it so, eh.) There's simply no room and Lora's stressed about having to give up the dream of restoring the House when her boyfriend Jimmy Phoenix mans up and asks her to marry him. Everyone in the household - including Phoenix the roommate, who has a romance aspiration and a crush on Lora - moves into his apartment, but now they can afford to by the HoFT so off they go.

Bev's son Tri Ku is born. Lora's son James Phoenix is born. Phoenix McClellan succeeds in kissing Lora behind a door or something at a party, but then he and Bad News Bev hook up, enraging everyone. One of Bev's boyfriends, Jim Spitzig, against all common sense decides he wants to marry her and she figures Why not? It'll give everybody a chance to cool off over the Phoenix thing. So Bev marries Jim, taking with her Tri and also Derek, who has always been her champion even when he knew for a fact she was in the wrong. He, Jim, and Jimmy are also all frat brothers. Jim gets Beverly pregnant right away. Derek does most of the childcare.

With Bev, Derek, and Tri moved out, Lora and Jimmy have empty rooms at the HoFT when Jay McCullough, the next Tricou in line, graduates. He and his girlfriend Dulcie deLeche move in and that household settles down comfortably. Jay and Dulcie don't see any particular need to get married or have kids, so they don't. Jimmy gets a cat named Dumbledore. Phoenix McClellan lives there for awhile, but the situation is not a tenable one - he and Jimmy don't get along, and he fell out of Lora's good graces over the affair with Bev.

The last two Tricou bastards graduate and, not being close with Lora, move in next door. The older one, Daniel Kim, marries Helen Wheels. Who also at one time had dated the youngest Tricou bastard, Guy Gergis. Dated, but never slept with. Helen doesn't see a problem. Daniel has a professional LTW, Helen and Guy do not. Daniel goes to work and Guy and Helen throw parties and look after Daniel and Helen's son Scooter Wheels. Helen spends a lot of time dancing in her underwear. This gets to Guy a little bit.

MEANWHILE, in another part of downtown, there has been DRAMA resulting in Gary Gilscarbo and his housemate Skylar Todd being on the outs over a little matter of Georgette Skirt, a woman who has dated - well, practically everybody, but for our purposes the important people are Jimmy Phoenix, Jim Spitzig, Gary, Skylar, Phoenix McCllellan, and Guy. Under the circumstances Gary can't imagine why he and Skylar should be on the outs for very long, but then Skylar gets abducted and their shared house simply hasn't got room for a baby. So Skylar is invited to move in with a friend from work, who lives with her husband and their three children - one biological and two adopted - across the street from the Spitzigs. Estella is born and very welcome, but the Centowskis tend to crowd Skylar out with her. Also, Derek - who is gay - meets Skylar and decides that it'd be a lark to seduce somebody the hated Georgette (hey, she's led men to cheat on both his sisters and has also cheated on one of his brothers with his brothers-in-law - he hates her so much!) has on her string. Skylar, who had assumed he was straight, cooperates out of curiosity and begins to wonder if he's bi. Derek, for his part, falls like a ton of bricks. He's completely blindsided, after a life of casual dating, to find himself in love and wanting to take care of someone who's not sure of his sexuality but has gone from one untenable living situation to another and needs rescuing. Skylar agrees to marry Derek, and they move into an apartment, where Derek once again finds himself raising a kid he had no direct contribution to making.

Skylar's leaving didn't exactly leave Gary in a bind, because his nephew Ricky Cormier (who is a frat brother of all the Tricous) moved in with him. But the house they're in is a little bit small for two Swingin' Bachelors and they're always having to negotiate whose turn it is to have the double bed. And Guy has had just about all he can stand of his triple-bolt sister-in-law obliviously dancing in her undies in front of him. So he moves in with his trust fund, they get a bigger place where everybody has a double bed and there's a hot tub on the deck, and proceed to live it up. Ricky occasionally rolls wants to get engaged to one of his regular dates, Brittany Parker, but these wants are conveniently timed for when he doesn't have to do anything about them and when Brittany graduates she moves in with her friend Jordan, who is a lesbian and a friend of Ricky's and lives in the same apartment complex as Derek, Skylar, and Estella. And everything is groovy, except that Guy, dating a random townie and seeing Georgette (remember Georgette?) getting really steamed about it, impulsively asks Camryn to marry him and she accepts. Gary and Ricky like her a lot, too, and having one of the Swingin' Bachelors married doesn't really slow down the party at all.

Phoenix McClellan complains to Georgette about his living situation. Georgette moved in with her elderly parents when her father got abducted and had an alien baby right before he aged to elder. Georgette's mother is always nagging her to get married and Phoenix is in a bind, so she asks him to marry her. He does so, and finds himself living with two elderly parents-in-law, a teen brother-in-law, three dogs, - and a son, when Georgette gets pregnant (again, primarily to please her mother). His standard of comparison being the Tricous, this arrangement barely registers with him as non-standard.

The Spitzigs have been doing okay without Derek, but once both Tri and Jim's son Dirk are in school Bad News Bev is home alone a lot, which is boring, so she goes out. And she meets people. Including Estebanico Casa - Jim's old roommate, husband of her good friend Tosha, and father of five beautiful children. And she bangs the people she meets in photo booths and can never remember to take her pills, so now she's in her third pregnancy by the third fella, and that's when disaster strikes.

Because Drama Acres is corrupted, and Downtown is really buggy, and it crashes and crashes and crashes like you wouldn't believe, so I decide, in a desperate attempt to hold onto the neighborhood a little bit longer, to wipe out downtown in a rain of falling satellites and replace it with a new, empty downtown which it will be fun to build up from scratch. Scratch being a handful of Emergency Complexes and a couple of public relief community lots, other community lots to be bought and operated by playables.

Space is at a premium in the Emergency Complexes, and the player has installed a Bigger Households hack. So the household consisting of Lora, Jimmy, James, Jay, Dulcie, and Dumbledore gets its own little trailer and rescues a stray dog to share it with them. In the same complex, the Swingin' Bachelors move into another trailer and make room for Brittany Parker and her friend Jordan. And by the way Camryn is throwing up a lot. Daniel, Helen, and Scooter take the third trailer in that complex.

In another Emergency Complex, the last two Tricou households merge in order to share a large trailer - Jim, Bev, Tri, Dirk, and Unborn Baby Spitzig sharing space with Skylar, Derek, and Estella Zarubin and Estella's cat Starfire. They're barely moved in when Bev gives birth to little Jamesina Spitzig, whose biological father is living in the second largest trailer with his wife, five legitimate children, and a dog. Estebanico's sister Susana and her husband and child are in the third and final trailer here, by the way. Susana is best friends and sorority sisters with both her sister-in-law Tosha and Bad News Bev - Bev is in fact her oldest friend.

And that's where it sits today. Where it ends, who can say? If the neighborhood will hang on long enough for anything to be resolved, who knows?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#5 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 10:35 PM
I don't really make sims in CAS anymore because my hood is comprised sims that were born in game. However, my most unique living situation thus far is the 'Produce Farm' where a lesbian and gay couple live and the lesbians were surrogates for the gay couple and they all group-raise three kids together, grooming them for max gardening badges.

Another kind of weird one was where an elder man divorced his wife and moved in with a younger woman he was having an affair with. She gave birth to his third and youngest daughter but the lover also a son from a previous affair with another man. Then they all moved to a mansion and his middle daughter, born from his previous wife he divorced, moved in with them along with her husband and so from the old guy's POV: his lover, lover's son, daughter with lover, daughter with ex-wife, and son-in-law were all living under one roof. Eventually he died and his middle daughter had two kids. Currently the situation in the home has normalized out what with the youngest daughter and lover's son going off to Uni and now living at their own places as adults.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#6 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 10:41 PM Last edited by DezzyBoo : 11th Jul 2016 at 11:09 PM.
Well, I had Circe have Vidcund's baby and Loki got abducted so each had a child that wasn't from their marriage. The children grew up together until I realized they could never show their true feelings for one another. So the Beakers got divorced and the children got married, and then Circe and Loki got remarried. Had a double wedding party for them all. The kids had children and raised them all in the Beaker mansion. Loki died in a mysterious fire due to "god" testing objects out so Circe ended up marrying Pascal and they adopted a child. I really forget all that happened because that Strangetown is very messed up for me. Everyone is related to everyone -_-

Pascal married the daughter of Grim and she cheated on him with Lazlo and had Lazlo's baby after she had one bio child with Pascal and adopted a boy with him. So sad. So they broke up and Pascal wasn't very happy most of his life. Maybe he belonged with someone else...*cough*Nervous*cough

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Alchemist
#7 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 10:51 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 11th Jul 2016 at 11:26 PM.
playing the Lothario household before the Goth household is what the base game Prima Guide suggests.
and they support Don & Cassandra's wedding; but on the Goth house.
mistaking Alexander as Cassandra's son would be reasonable; since that would be what Create-A-Family would allow.

Prima Guide's suggested Pleasantview order::
1. Lothario
2. Goth
3. Caliente
4. Broke
5. Dreamer
6. Pleasant

edit::
my strangest family was in a past time playing; had Pascal Curious propose to Lola Singles.
did not know then that they were technically half-siblings to each other.
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 11:17 PM
I like me my polyamorous households full o' free love and no jealousy or wedding bands and, often, lots of children resulting from various combinations of parents. It gets confusing for the kids sometimes because, since some of them aren't actually related to each other, they'll end up doing (or at least trying to do) romantic things with each other. Or sometimes one of 'em will end up doing or trying to do romantic things with one of the adults to whom they aren't related. That's kind of a squicky thing to me, so I try to remember to ACR "Friend Zone" all the kids as well as the adults they aren't related to, like I do with step-families, but sometimes I mess up and hear that "swirly hearts" sound and I headdesk and go "ARRRGH!"

But still, it's fun.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#9 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 12:14 AM
In one of my Pleasantviews - after Daniel got Nina pregnant, she moved in with him, Mary Sue and the twins. Daniel and Nina's daughter now lives with Lilith, Dirk and their three kids.

Dina and Mortimer got divorced. Mortimer kept their son and Dina moved out and had a child with Don. Then Dina and Don's son moved back in with Mortimer and their son. Cassandra had married, divorced and had a child with Don too. So Mortimer lived with his ex wife and her son with his ex son in law, who also happened to be his grandson's brother.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 2:06 AM
Most of my families are pretty straightforward, except it gets a bit complex when an older Sim has an illegitimate child who is the same age as his grandson who then live together at university, for example.
I had a vampire Sim who didn't like his eldest born because he had blue eyes and sent the kid off to live with his uncle. The uncle raised him to school age but eventually the kid was put up for adoption. Another family (already with a child his age) adopted him. His adoptive sister ended up marrying his brother.
I had another family pool together: A Sim (Ray) lost his wife so he had a baby daughter to raise alone. Two of his brothers died (it was a major cull at the time), which left the widows also with a baby. Ray and his sis-in-law, Lucy moved in together to raise their kids together. The child of Ray's other brother ended up being orphaned so he moved in as well. Ray and Lucy ended up marrying and have four more kids, so it was a big family of brothers, sisters, half-sisters/brothers, cousin, father, mother, uncle, aunt.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:52 PM
You're reminding me of another one that was purposely strange, and set up after I discovered I could merge households.

Same Pleasantview, where one of Angela Pleasant's friends became a vampire, then lo and behold Angela herself became one while still a teen. After rolling a want for the antidote practically everyday, she started to come to terms with it as her family members grew older and passed on (Daniel and Mary-Sue), or moved out (Lilith). That and she discovered she could rule the night, stopped only by sunrise the next morning, but could simply walk home where it's still night and do it all over again!

However, the story goes that the house seemed vacant during the day to the point where another family inquired on it and were told the house was vacant, except an upstairs room was locked, no key could be found, and was assumed empty. Otherwise it was fully-furnished and ready to be lived in. Imagine their surprise in the morning when they discovered a vampire risked frying to attend school every day (I don't use school or teen mods) had awaken! Obviously, Angela was totally unrelated to them but receptive to them, even helping their kids with their homework. One of the kids even took an interest in her when they reached teen, however Angela wanted him to grow up and enjoy an adulthood she'll never have.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 10:39 PM
I always end up with weird households.

My legacy household, before I stopped to play them, consisted of:

Ethan North (the heir) who was a criminal mastermind, his wife Elizabeth, their daughters Agnes e Passion, Ethan's alien son Norton, Emma North, Ethan's twin sister (which was a vampire and lived in a room above the garage) and Emma's son Earl, born after an "ACR accident" with Gunnar Roque.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 8:52 AM
I have one really weird household. A sim couple got divorced because the wife caught her husband cheating on her. He moved in with his youngest daughter after she became an adult. Just before he died, he got another of his girlfriends pregnant, so now the daughter lives with her husband and daughter, as well as her half-brother and his mother. The children are a day apart and close friends.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 3:51 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 13th Jul 2016 at 3:52 PM. Reason: Add something
Well, I know a a half-brother and -sister who were born on the same day (and they are good friends too). Same father, different mothers, none married. So perhaps the weird Sim families are not THAT weird - Obviously, I have never asked them for more details.
Scholar
#15 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 8:03 PM
I had a twins sisters have kids with the same guy once.

I wish I knew how to post pics of my Strangetown family trees. Get some good laughs there.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Instructor
#16 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 10:08 PM
In one of my Pleasantviews, Dina married Don Lothario, who was the father of Nina's child, and Nina was also living with them. Then Nina became pregnant with Don's child, who was the cousin and half-sibling of Dina's child.

In another Pleasantview Cassandra Goth belived that she was cursed, that she only could have one child from each man (which was my imagination for her life). So she had a child from the aliens, one from Darren Dreamer (she married him) and one from Dirk Dreamer. So the son she had with Darren was the half-brother of Dirk, and of Dirk's child.

In that same Pleasantview Daniel Pleasant divorced Mary-Sue, married Kaylynn Langerak and had a daughter (or son?) with her. After his sudden death (food poisoning) Kaylynn and his daughter Angela fell in love and married eachother. They adopted a son, who became the stepbrother of his mother Angela. All that time Mary-Sue lived with them, which made some things awkward.

One of my in-game born Sims (I can't remember his name) married a CAS-woman, who moved in with her mother. The mother fell in love with the guy's widowed father and they married too. The guy and his wife had a baby, and the mother and father also. All were living in one house. Then cheating stepped into the family. The guy had a child with his mother-in-law (aka stepmother) and the woman had a child from her father-in-law (aka stepfather). Then I lost track of the ways all the children were related to eachother.
Scholar
#17 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 11:05 PM
The Logarint household. At its strangest... ...seven Sims. Five of them were in love with each other until two of them decided to get married... ...and invite the other three, plus most of their other lovers, to the wedding. Two of them (neither of whom were in the aforementioned marriage) had a child together, which for some reason had not clued the other members of the group into the impending problem, and Priya Ramaswani sort of watched the whole thing in bemusement before going off to work as the sole breadwinner in the house.

They continued living together and occasionally falling in love with each other afterwards. I do not even pretend to understand these Sims. Mercifully for my sanity, one of them moved out, the child got taken by social services and the two out of the five who married have since died. (The other two adults now live in one of the most peaceful households in SimHampton).
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 11:08 PM
In my bacc Elonso and Cecilia are half siblings that are only a day apart. (They share their dad in parent. Elonso's an alien abduction, older child Cecilia was with her dad's ex-wife.)

I think the weirdest I can think of is when I had a married couple who had two children living with them, one they'd had together, and one was the husband's alien child prior to marriage. His wife's half-sister through alien abduction also lived with them with her child to her late husband. The weird part was the husband's alien child was also his wife's half sister's half sibling because they shared the same PT parent. I forget what gender the kids were (this happened a loooong time ago) but technically the husband's child was also the half aunt/uncle to the other child living in the house.

I love PTs. They make all the fun and complicated stuff happen.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 5:42 AM
I had a family that consisted of a CAS adult female named Melanie and her teen daughter Kairi. Melanie wound up starting relationships with several different Sims and through Woohooing, she had 10+ children from two of them. Once Kairi aged up to an Adult, she moved out into her own place to get away from all the babies. Melanie's third or fourth child, Rosalina, moved in with Kairi after college.

In the meantime, Kairi decided to start a relationship with Melanie's boyfriend (and Rosalina's dad) and she wound up having two children by him. So, needless to say, it must have been a teensy bit awkward for Rosalina to have her half-sister be in a relationship with her dad. Thereby making the kids... her nephews and brothers at the same time?

That family was all sorts of crazy. Lol. I miss playing them, but I had been playing that neighborhood for a good four years and somehow managed to corrupt it, so I re-installed everything and started fresh.
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 2:16 AM
Welllll, in my Strangetown, Pascal and Nervous fell in love, and Pascal moved into the Beaker household, where he gave birth to his alien daughter. At the same time, Circe fell in love with her townie friend Meredith Lillard, and moved her in while Circe was pregnant with Loki's child and Meredith was pregnant with Circe's child (via cheats.) (I'm not really sure what my logic was here, besides "dramaaaa" and "Circe is too pretty to only have kids with Loki." ) They all lived together like this for a long time, and mostly managed to be civil with each other too, which is probably the most surprising part. All the adults except Nervous worked, so he was the children's primary caretaker, but Nervous being lazy, for the most part they were allowed to run wild and live off burnt toy oven muffins and play with the bubble-blower and never go to bed on time. After the kids aged to teen, Pascal and Nervous left and moved in with Vidcund and Lazlo, because Nervous and Meredith had started to fight a lot and I was tired of canceling slap marathons out of their queues. But Pascal's daughter Medea stayed with the Beakers because she liked it there, and that's about where Strangetown is at this point in time because I haven't played it in forever. (Oh, almost forgot; Medea, and Circe and Loki's son Prospero developed a crush on each other, but I had wanted them to see each other as siblings, so I went back and fixed that with SimPE and set them as family.)

If I ever get far enough to start up the alien commune though, that will probably take over the title for "weirdest household."
Scholar
#21 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 2:54 AM
A married couple projected over 4 copies each.
Some one found the cloning machine (more of me accidentally picking up and shift click the sims down)

Sims A and B (the originals) kissed, Sims A2-A5 and- B2-B5 proceeded to smack the originals for cheating/not cheating.

Sims A3 and A4 started arguing. B and B5 made up by kissing (Being in love with themselves) Sim C comes along (a visitor) and proceeded to pull the your crazy finger twirl.

It was all quite hilarious. I didn't save of course.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 6:32 AM
And then there was the Warehouse. Quite possibly the Best Simming Idea Ever.

It consisted of clones of the Curious Boys, Loki, Nervous, and three of Aegagropilon's Subject family, which she swapped me for some Hawkinses. The Subjects were renamed LeStrange and were all aliens - Nemo (Nervous), Diff, Grimnir, and Frieda - only Frieda's last name was Beaker because she was the alien child of Lukey's (Loki's) father, who turned her over to the secret cloning lab where the others all lived for experiments. Which was the Last Straw for Lukey, and his amateurish attempt to rescue her morphed, on contact with the others, into a better organized, equipped, and executed escape than the LeStranges and Curiosi could have managed on their own. Also in the mysterious complete destruction of the lab by fire. Nemo, hoping to escape notice, told his green siblings to just keep saying they came from France. But that's all backstory.

Everyone was a teen except for Frieda, who was a child. Everybody had the personality points and aspirations they had in the game/Aegagropilon's Strangetown, except that her Grimnir was a hyperattractive Family sim so I made him Romance to satisfy Aegagropilon's curiosity about how that would work. (Diff and Grimnir were also female; the six-teen-boys-raising-one-girl-child motif dictated a genderswap.) I moved them into an abandoned warehouse in downtown Drama Acres, furnished with all the grungy improvised-looking CC I could find, and it was a noogie riot! Vidcund and Lukey quickly became best friends. Lazlo kept making friends with Vidcund and then losing the friendship because Vidcund was always at the loading dock (where the improvised showers were) mopping up after him obsessively and fuming. They came home with everyone and everyone came home with them. I had to let them buy a junk stove because even with fishing and every gardener in Drama Acres slipping them produce those active points had them constantly on the verge of starvation. Frieda was the only one who could learn to study. They got a womrat named Google and a stray tomcat named Swagger. They repaired a telescope they found in one of their frequent dumpster dives and Vidcund got abducted. Nemo and Lukey would play chess games for hours that consisted of almost nothing but trying to cheat. They developed highly dramatic teen romances with, especially in the case of ladies' alien Grimnir LeStrange, some attendant teen feuds. I had so much fun with them, I started turning aging off so I could play them an extra day every rotation.

But alas, by its nature, it could not last forever. I instituted the policy of shipping them off to college as their girlfriends (or in Grimnir's case, the girlfriend with the most interesting circumstances) went. Nemo left first, following the redoubtable Gracie Hawkins, and was soon joined by his little brother Diff and Gracie's cousin Annie Newson. Annie's father is Gavin Newson and Gracie's father is Ginger Newson, who married Cooper Hawkins, oldest son of the prominent Drama Acres clan of woohoo gods. I don't know what I did to make this family have such high chemistry across the board, but I swear they give off the pixel equivalent of pheremones, and Gracie was very much her father's daughter in that respect. Which is good, because Nemo needs special handling. So does Diff, in a different way, at which Annie proved adept.

When Nemo graduated, he moved back into the warehouse temporarily before moving and marrying into the household known as Newson Prime even though no one there has been named Newson for years - the original farmhouse where Gavin and Ginger raised their younger brothers and sisters, and Ginger and Cooper raised Gracie and her siblings. At the time of the wedding, the household consisted of Ginger, Cooper, Gracie, and the youngest daughter, Gozii (named for her grandfather Goz, who died while Ginger was pregnant), who was still a child. Frieda, by that time, had grown to teen and all her relatives - Nemo, Diff, Grimnir, and Lukey - had moved out, leaving her with only Pascal and Lazlo (and the cat and the womrat). Now that Nemo had a home of his own, he thought his little half-sister should be in it, so when he married he moved her in with him and she's sharing a room with Gozii; who, when she turned teen, realized she was a lesbian. So is Frieda. No one's quite sure where this is going yet, but no one has much time to think about it, either, because Gracie and Nemo are both working full time and have just had their first child, a boy named Gonzo.

This left Pascal and Lazlo alone in the warehouse, with Pascal on the verge of leaving for college, and it was all much too easy and sad and hardly chaotic at all. And Drama Acres is corrupted and dying anyway so I said Screw It, and introduced a new collection of waifs: Teen Marie Tierra, child Dixon Tierra, and toddler Scottie Tierra. (Cloned from Mary, Dixie, and Scot Land of Widespot, with Scot and Dixie genderswapped), and their cat Mia, who were escaping their own tragic backstory. They arrived in the middle of winter, and Scottie obliged me by plowing straight through a snowdrift to demand Lazlo's attention. The boys rallied, went dumpster-diving for grungy toddler items, and immediately became fun as heck again, even when Pascal left for college.

When I decided I needed to destroy downtown as detailed in the Tricou post above, I had a number of options for what to do with Lazlo and the Tierras. The one I settled on, as the one most likely to seem good and natural to Lazlo, was to move them in with Diff and Annie, newly married and living in a small starter house next door to Annie's parents. The place is so small that Lazlo, Marie, and Dixon are rotating between the couch and a tent in the back yard. The cats tend to sleep on beds and the womrat love has to be spread between Google and Diff's college womrat Worf. This all seems right to Lazlo because Diff's his bud and Annie's cool, but Marie and Dixon are more wary of the situation. Marie's grateful, of course she is, and it's good she's going to school all day every day now, but Scottie isn't Annie and Diff's toddler, she's Marie's, and it's too crowded, and Annie's nice but Diff is so weird and when is the other shoe going to drop?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 8:33 AM
I've mainly seen people make the Dreamers family-oriented, but that wasn't the case with me. Darleen was resurrected, the Burbs moved in and Dirk went to college. Lucy grew up into a teen and hated everyone. Dina moved in as a live-in maid because Mortimer had died. Lucy killed her mom and Darleen and put their tombs in the pond. She ran away after setting a small bomb that killed her father. She was arrested when she came back because she killed a teen cult (It's just what I like to think.) but a girl from said cult called the police before being shot. While Lucy was in prison, Darren married Dina and they had a kid called Fiona. When Dina was pregnant with Fiona, a friend of Darren (She died to a bomb set by her daughter after this incident) gave him a wishing well as a gift. Darren wished for friends and he got them. One of them was a college student. He flirted with her and made out. He said goodbye to everyone before Dina woke up.
When Fiona was at school, Dirk came back from college. At college, his first fiancee died in a fire. A girl kept trying to joke with him, so the next day they made friends. She seduced him. The only reason Dirk went back home was because the tenants had left a lot of money and Darren had to give some of it to Dirk (using items). Darren was asleep (He had aged into an elder at the time). Dina gave Dirk the money/gifts and made friends with him. Then, she kissed him. Yup. They went into Dirk's old room (It was passed to Lucy, then Fiona) and made out. They were about to kiss when Darren woke up. He slapped Dina and glared at Dirk. Dirk slapped Dina too, because she never told him that she was his stepmother. He moved out to live with his wife. He and his wife live a normal life now.
Darren divorced Dina, but she didn't move out because she was his live-in maid. Darren, an elder, married the college student. They spent a whole day making out on the couch, even when Fiona entered the house. Fiona had a very high creativity skill. One day, while Darren was asleep, Fiona was practicing the piano (It was outside) while Dina and the college student made out. In front of Fiona.
Lucy was out of prison as this happened. She first killed Dina, waking Darren up. Then the college student and Darren. Fiona was almost level 10 in creativity when Lucy shot her. Now Lucy lived alone. She bought a Servo and married him, but killed him after the wedding party. She killed a bunch of random people. The government was crumbling so she wasn't sent to prison.
She killed her gardener because she was trying to trim the bushes she put in the pond to hide some of the graves. For a challenge, I made her have twins with the Grim Reaper. She was gonna be sent to a prison camp but she couldn't be sent there until her kids grew up into adults. Again, for the purpose of the challenge.
Aaaaaaand that's it!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 7:16 AM
In Patience Island (how I miss thee!) the Newsons moved into a three-bedroomed bungalow, and Gavin and Ginger juggled going to school and looking after the twins. Gavin didn't end up going to college, and instead adopted a four-year-old, Adam. He soon made it his goal to adopt as many children as possible and get them out of the foster care system, because he's been there, and he doesn't want that for anyone else. When Gallagher went to college, Adam was soon followed by Melissa (who was a teen, and not actually young enough to be Gavin's daughter), and then when Gabriella left, Gavin adopted Avis. This was about the time he fell in love with and married Kali Ibori, and they started to have biological children as well as continuing to adopt. Ginger's boyfriend Jason James graduated around this time, and bought a massive house with inhertiance from his grandmother, invited Gavin, Kali and the children to move in, hitchiked all the way to Sim State to tell Ginger what he'd done, and asked her to marry him. Over the next few years Gavin and Kali added Riza, Alejandro, Grace and Marsha to their family by adoption, and twins Gabe and Gideon, Geoff and Gavrielle (aka "Gavi") to their family by birth. Ginger and Jason had three children: Shiloh, Taylor and Kieran. Not long before the hood died, their house was infected by the Telephone Bug, so I had to move them all out, and decided it was time to split up the families. When the hood died, Gavin and Kali were living in a purpose built house with their eight youngest children, and had just had their first grandchild, Melissa's son Kobe.

In Widespot, my Hart household isn't home to any of the four sims that started there. Instead, it houses Valentine Hart's widow Mary Land Hart, her new boyfriend, Junior Mann, Val and Mary's four youngest children Leo, Aiken, Arden and Valentina aka "Teeny" - oldest son Ash is studying at LGU. Mary's brother River Land and his husband Rocky Beech Land also live there with their daughter (biologically Rockys and River's sister Delta's - she was a surrogate for them), Promise.

Meanwhile, the Land household consists of two nuclear families living together and raising their children together. Sisters Dixie Land Sell and Delta Land live there with their husbands Brian Sell and Gallagher Newson. They have five children between them: Stephen Sell (teen), Homer aka "Homie" Sell (child), Grace Land-Newson (child), twins Clemency "Clemmie" and Ernest "Ernie" Land-Newson (babies), and Patrick Sell (baby). Clemmie, Ernie and Patrick were all born on the same day.

The Mann household consists of Rich Mann's adopted son Aden (aka "Junior's Replacement"), his girlfriend Scarlett Cooke (daughter of Rhett Hart), their toddler son Richard Brian Mann aka "Trip", and Aden's step-mum/Scarlett's aunt/Trip's Nanny, Wendy Sell Mann. Aden and Scarlett have both recently grown to adult, but they were teenage parents to Trip. Aden's running his dad's Empire, and trying to decide how much he should tell Scarlett about it...

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Forum Resident
#25 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 12:34 PM
I had one household merged together because I wasn't planning to play with the sims in it, but l still wanted to be able to call them on the phone and keep in touch. So, first came Chicuitita and Enrique Neighbour, two married servos built by Emo Neighbour. They adopted Muffin and Apple, but I stopped playing the household pretty much right after Apple came. In another part of town, Emo's brothers Beat and Bye lived with their buddies Opal, Asta, Orlando and Costas. Orlando and Costas got together, Opal and Beat got together, Asta moved to Enrique's and Chicuitita's place. Bye's wife moved in; they had a kid, Beat and Opal had a kid; Opal and Costas had an affair. It fell apart pretty quickly after that. Bye's wife Sahara and Orlando were the only ones not taking sides, the latter because he remained oblivious to the whole thing. Him and Costas moved in with Enrique, Chicuitita, Apple, Muffin and Asta. Beat and Opal broke up, and so Opal followed. But there was no risk of her and Costas getting it on again, tbey were now both bitter enemies. (It's a bit ironic that everyone ended up on really good terms after the affair, apart from the two peopme that had the affair) After that, Bye and Sahara had another son named Sigma.
Back to the servos and co household, people are getting along well, except for Opal and Costas, but they never bother each other. Costas is getting along well with Muffin, the child, and taking good care of the baby, Apple. So when the place gets too crowded, I move him and Orlando out with Apple, so that they can raise her as their own kid. Meanwhile, Opal and her ex-husband's nephew, Sigma, have something going on and after a night at Opal and co's, the household eventually gets another member, Justice. And that's where we are now. I gotta say though, that with Sigma being, technically the cousin but having a brother-kind of relationship with Opal's and Beat's son, it mirrors said son's crush on his kid's brother - like mother like son. That household consists of him and his cousin, their respective kids who are also half-siblings, and their respective kids, and they all enjoy partying together. In that sense that houdehold is a bit special too - it consists of three generations but they are all more like buddies, really.

I am Error.
Page 1 of 2