Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 5:27 AM
Default all my cc are gone!
i'm upset all my hard work for downloading alot of cc, i need help v.v
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 8:00 AM
Are we talking about sims3pack CC that was installed by way of the Launcher? If so, the installed content would reside in dbc bundles in the DCCache Folder, which is in your TS3 game folder (the one in Documents).

If we are talking about package based content, the installed content would be in package files you would have placed yourself in Mods/Packages.

If you look now, is there content in either or both of these locations?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Are we talking about sims3pack CC that was installed by way of the Launcher? If so, the installed content would reside in dbc bundles in the DCCache Folder, which is in your TS3 game folder (the one in Documents).

If we are talking about package based content, the installed content would be in package files you would have placed yourself in Mods/Packages.

If you look now, is there content in either or both of these locations?
oh no i mean like they are not in my game like mods and stuff including the cc but the folders are still there, i tried saving them to my desktop then put them back in it still didn't work
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 8:38 AM
There should be a file in your TS game folder, the one where you are putting this content into, called DeviceConfig.log. Take a look at its modification date/time, right-click Properties if you need to. It should be exactly the same as the last time you started up your game. If you aren't sure, start up the game and the file's modification date/time should update right away.

If it's not updating, then you have another entire TS3 game folder somewhere on your system and the game is now ignoring this one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 8:48 AM
There should be a file in your TS game folder, the one where you are putting this content into, called DeviceConfig.log. Take a look at its modification date/time, right-click Properties if you need to. It should be exactly the same as the last time you started up your game. If you aren't sure, start up the game and the file's modification date/time should update right away.

If it's not updating, then you have another entire TS3 game folder somewhere on your system and the game is now ignoring this one.
oh boo ;-; so maybe if i update it would it work or do i have to get rid of the mods
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 1:48 PM
It's a log file, that is output from the game program not something that can be updated on your own with any meaningful results.

Again, if it's not updating then you have a TS3 game folder someplace else on your system that the game is reading instead. If you have Win 10 (or possibly 8.1), one may have formed in your OneDrive directory without your realizing it. If you have no use for OneDrive, it should be deactivated.
Site Helper
#7 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 7:23 PM
Also, if you have been moving files around, open your Mods folder and see if the Resource.cfg is still there. It's what tells the game what to do with all the stuff in these folders, so if it's gone missing somehow the game won't read your Packages.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Also, if you have been moving files around, open your Mods folder and see if the Resource.cfg is still there. It's what tells the game what to do with all the stuff in these folders, so if it's gone missing somehow the game won't read your Packages.
but mine only says resource but the cfg isnt on there
Site Helper
#9 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 1:49 AM
That would be because you have file extensions hidden. If it used to work, and it hasn't been edited, it still works, and it has the .cfg on it. You just aren't seeing the .cfg because that is a file extension.

It was kind of a long shot that it would be causing your trouble, but if you don't have another Sims 3 folder in One Drive it would be something to check.

Check your Documents Sims 3 folder for the file which izagor mentioned. Find the time stamp. If it matches the last time you played the game, we have a bigger puzzle. If not, look in One Drive. You should see another Electronic Arts folder which should NOT be there. Move it to where it belongs.

If the time stamp didn't match, search your entire hard drive for "Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods" (That should avoid getting any hits in Program Files.)
Somewhere on your hard drive is a second folder that the game is thinking it should use, but then can't find when it's loading.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
That would be because you have file extensions hidden. If it used to work, and it hasn't been edited, it still works, and it has the .cfg on it. You just aren't seeing the .cfg because that is a file extension.

It was kind of a long shot that it would be causing your trouble, but if you don't have another Sims 3 folder in One Drive it would be something to check.

Check your Documents Sims 3 folder for the file which izagor mentioned. Find the time stamp. If it matches the last time you played the game, we have a bigger puzzle. If not, look in One Drive. You should see another Electronic Arts folder which should NOT be there. Move it to where it belongs.

If the time stamp didn't match, search your entire hard drive for "Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods" (That should avoid getting any hits in Program Files.)
Somewhere on your hard drive is a second folder that the game is thinking it should use, but then can't find when it's loading.
okay i went into the sims 3 folder and it has this it actually has a couple of these are they suppose to be in there? xcpt OWNER-PC 16-07-11 16.11.10
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 4:41 AM
Those are crash logs. That means your game crashed on July 11. How are we coming along on checking the modification date/time of the DeviceConfig.log (or DeviceConfig if you have file extensions hidden)? Do they match your most recent game launch, or do they update when you launch the game? If they don't match or get updated (maybe this is what you meant by "oh boo" but that's a bit difficult to determine), have you looked for a second game folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 5:16 AM
It's a log file, that is output from the game program not something that can be updated on your own with any meaningful results.

Again, if it's not updating then you have a TS3 game folder someplace else on your system that the game is reading instead. If you have Win 10 (or possibly 8.1), one may have formed in your OneDrive directory without your realizing it. If you have no use for OneDrive, it should be deactivated.
okay i have onedrive but nothing is in there
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 5:27 AM
Those are crash logs. That means your game crashed on July 11. How are we coming along on checking the modification date/time of the DeviceConfig.log (or DeviceConfig if you have file extensions hidden)? Do they match your most recent game launch, or do they update when you launch the game? If they don't match or get updated (maybe this is what you meant by "oh boo" but that's a bit difficult to determine), have you looked for a second game folder?
i looked at the deviceconfig.log its confusing, and how can i find a folder in that log xc
Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 5:27 AM
I didn't ask you to open the DeviceConfig.log. I asked for its modification date/time. Right-click on it and look at Properties.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 5:32 AM
I didn't ask you to open the DeviceConfig.log. I asked for its modification date/time. Right-click on it and look at Properties.
i did it, next step?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 5:36 AM
Do you not see "Created", "Modified", "Accessed" or something like that when selecting Properties? It's the Modified date/time that should be of interest (why is this so difficult to nail down?).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 6:10 AM
Do you not see "Created", "Modified", "Accessed" or something like that when selecting Properties? It's the Modified date/time that should be of interest (why is this so difficult to nail down?).
i do see it and sorry, do i just look at it?
Mad Poster
#18 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 6:35 AM
If you re-read this thread, you will see explained several times why that date/time is important.

Good luck, hope you get your CC back into your game.
Site Helper
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:35 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:49 PM.
Ok, I can understand being frustrated and wanting to be sure you are understanding what you need to do to get your CC working.

So I'm going to try to avoid confusing you. (And have some fun playing with nested spoiler tags while I'm doing it.) (Ok, a lot of fun!)

First, did your CC ever work?

Now that we have that out of the way