Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 12:00 AM
Default Custom Skins don't work
I've been trying to download custom skins forever now, but it just won't work. I tried default skins first (I didn't have non-default installed at the same time) and it didn't work in CAS or in game. Then I tried non-default (I didn't have default installed at the same time) and it also didn't work in CAS or in game. I downloaded at least 3 from each to test it and I deleted the cache file afterwards. Please help, because custom skins make the game look so much better.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 1:58 AM
Ok, I'm going to ask the embarrassing questions first.

Do you have other .package CC that works?

Are you sure you have Sims 3 skins?

What happened when it didn't work? (no indication that there was anything installed? put the skin on the sim and it was just matte black? CTD as soon as you try to use the skin?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Ok, I'm going to ask the embarrassing questions first.

What happened when it didn't work? (no indication that there was anything installed? put the skin on the sim and it was just matte black? CTD as soon as you try to use the skin?)

Yes, I have a lot, actually.

99.99999999% positive

What happened when it didn't work?
It just didn't show up in game. I tried with several different skins several different times from different websites and different creators. I also followed about 3 tutorials, all were basically the same.
Inventor
#4 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 5:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, do you have CMar's Extras Skin Tone Panel http://modthesims.info/d/434270
As far as I know you need to have an expanded Skin Tone Panel for custom skins to actually fit the panel.
You should also delete the cache files (all of them, including those inside WorldCaches except Thumbnails/CASThumbnails Cache) if you're using a default replacement cc skin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Just out of curiosity, do you have CMar's Extras Skin Tone Panel http://modthesims.info/d/434270
As far as I know you need to have an expanded Skin Tone Panel for custom skins to actually fit the panel.
You should also delete the cache files (all of them, including those inside WorldCaches except Thumbnails/CASThumbnails Cache) if you're using a default replacement cc skin.

I'm not gonna use default replacements, but I didn't know you had to have the extras skin tone panel. All the links in the tutorials were either outdated or they didn't include any. I'll try it out and see if it works. Wish me luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien

It worked!!! Thanks a lot