Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 12:51 AM
Default Skilling Object You'd Like to See
Just for fun, what (kind of) skill-building (or hobby) objects do you find are missing from the game? For example, a chemistry table in the style of TS1 and TS3, or a set of building toys such as Legos.

(This is not a WCIF thread, merely to share fun ideas.)

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 1:14 AM
I think it would be fun to see a group logic item, such as a jigsaw puzzle. For example all coffee tables would have an option to 'play>puzzle' and then others can join the sim as they try to solve it.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 1:54 AM
C&K just uploaded new skilling items including hand held puzzles! http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...ects-for-ts2-my

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 3:55 AM
I have a lot of skill-building activities that I wish was in the game, but for objects specifically? Hmm... wouldn't we all wish our Sim's cell phones were as powerful and awesome as today's smartphones? There are a number of good puzzle games out there for mobile devices, that'd be a good way to build the logic skill. And of course, smartphones can be used to build almost any hobby, if not all, so that's a lot of power in a Sim's hand. Wow, we've gone so far from the days of The Sims 2 when we still had flip phones!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 4:14 AM
Recently I found that I miss sim playing chess at computer like it was on TS3.
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I think it would be fun to see a group logic item, such as a jigsaw puzzle. For example all coffee tables would have an option to 'play>puzzle' and then others can join the sim as they try to solve it.

This. I'd love if sims could play cards via coffee table. I know there is already the poker table, but sims sitting on couches/armchairs and using the living room coffee table would look a lot cosier. Think Christmas time, when you have family over and play Snap together. That's what I'd love for our sims.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 5:45 AM
There are playable board games here. http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj...dvent_2015.html
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 8:15 AM
I would LOVE to see a jam and preserves making station like in TS1 and 3. Absolutely LOVED growing my own produce and creating jams with it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 9:03 AM
I'd love an acoustic guitar. The lack of an acoustic guitar bugs me.
Theorist
#10 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 10:39 AM Last edited by PenelopeT : 10th Aug 2016 at 10:50 AM.
I'd love to have the volleyball net from TS1, it was a great group activity. Also, table tennis, a way for sims to play solitaire on the computer, the ability to knit or crochet usable items (not just sellable) and the option to receive crossword or word search books as a subscription (like the FreeTime hobby magazines) would be nice too...the crossword in the newspaper just isn't enough.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 12:33 PM
How about a challenge? I'd love for someone to update this : football table

Because it is not updated for anything past Uni or the base game. Crocabura has stated that they won't update it as they no longer play the game..but perhaps you can, if you get permission to do so, and if it's possible...

Perhaps it could be coded to give physical skill points for every hour spent playing it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KrispyKitten
I'd love an acoustic guitar. The lack of an acoustic guitar bugs me.

Here: http://modthesims.info/download.php...5#startcomments

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 1:22 PM Last edited by gazania : 11th Aug 2016 at 1:05 AM.
HugeLunatic reminded me ... the skeleton! None of my science or Goth Sims' rooms would be complete without this:

http://modthesims.info/d/495244

The microscopes ... Nanashi's and Katy76's ... can increase logic extremely well on residential, dorm and normal community lots. But for reasons I still can't fathom, I CANNOT get them to work on a Uni community lot. They are deco only on these lots.

http://nanashi.sims2.net/?tag=collection-only-set

I believe you need the community lot skilling mod if you want to skill up on community lots.

The TSR climbing wall is great for children. My kids can't stay off it, and it builds physical skill. The animations may not be 100%, but I find that doesn't bother me at all. It's one of my favorite children's toys, and a great way to get the young'uns out of the house and outside. And they can play by themselves. No need for a playmate:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...wall/id/687421/

The trampoline is addictive, too, but not just for my child Sims. I often have to drag adults off these as well:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=501526

And Plumbbob Keep. Just ... Plumbbob Keep. See ya later if you haven't been there before. So much new stuff for Simmies to do there:

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/, or being a little more specific,

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240

Charity ... could you actually get those board games to work? They are layers over the mah-jongg table (sp?), but when I tried them, my Sims wanted nothing to do with these. Perhaps I have some weird CC in my game. Good question.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
How about a challenge? I'd love for someone to update this : football table

Because it is not updated for anything past Uni or the base game. Crocabura has stated that they won't update it as they no longer play the game..but perhaps you can, if you get permission to do so, and if it's possible...

Perhaps it could be coded to give physical skill points for every hour spent playing it.
The football table works in my game (OFB game engine), though I know that's not much consolation for most of you using AL or M&G game engines. It would be worth a makeover though, even for me, if anyone could get rid of the pinball lights and sounds. It would also be good if two Sims, standing on opposite sides of the table could play it together. (I think, as it is, only one Sim can play at a time, but I could be wrong -- I'll have to try it out.). And, of course, I'm sure all of you with later EP's would like to be able to use the football table again.

All in all though, it's clearly a job for a very talented modder. Any volunteers?

[EDiT]
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
The trampoline is addictive, too, but not just for my child Sims. I often have to drag adults off these as well:
In my Simlogical school the teachers keep leaving their classes to go to the gym and play on the trampolines!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#16 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Charity ... could you actually get those board games to work? They are layers over the mah-jongg table (sp?), but when I tried them, my Sims wanted nothing to do with these. Perhaps I have some weird CC in my game. Good question.

With the board games from Around The Sims, you have to use the moveobjects on cheat to place them, then be sure and turn moveobjects off prior to placing the chairs. Once you go back into 'live' mode, the chairs will move in just like they do with any table. Also, you don't have to use four chairs, the game boards will work just fine with one or two chairs - this allows you to place the table and game against a wall to save space...if necessary.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 2:38 PM
I would love more skilling toys for children. I have Leefish's Toy Garage, which builds Mechanical skill. I would love to have dollhouses that build Creativity. I would also love to see something like lego/duplo bricks or building blocks for children, which could build Mechanical or Logic. I found some for toddlers, but nothing for kids :-( (other than the in-game activity table, that is!).

I would also love to have something fun that builds Charisma for children (other than talking to a parrot). Perhaps a little set up like a doll's/teddy bear's tea party, where the child moves the cups around and builds Charisma from "chatting to the toys"?

I would also love to see Logic-building jigsaw puzzles for children and older sims. Or more card games, family ones that sims can't play for money (though I'm not sure I'd want them to build skills). And other games using the chess table as a base (but with different pieces that didn't replace the chess pieces), like checkers/draughts.

Oh, and more Creativity-building musical instruments. We have some string instruments (electric guitar, bass, violin, and custom acoustic guitar, banjo, cello etc) and percussion (drumkit, Castaway bongos) as well as pianos/keyboards - I'd love to see more wind/brass instruments, like Rebecah's playable flute. I'd especially love a trombone (but I'd be delighted with a trumpet, tuba or saxophone as well) :-D
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 6:43 PM Last edited by gazania : 11th Aug 2016 at 12:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
With the board games from Around The Sims, you have to use the moveobjects on cheat to place them, then be sure and turn moveobjects off prior to placing the chairs. Once you go back into 'live' mode, the chairs will move in just like they do with any table. Also, you don't have to use four chairs, the game boards will work just fine with one or two chairs - this allows you to place the table and game against a wall to save space...if necessary.

I tried the move_objects (and usually find if I don't turn it off, it's a pain). Still didn't work. Maybe I'll give it another shot. I really do like the scrabble board, since I enjoy word games.

Someone made Clue, Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly games that you can put on a small table and that also build logic skills. I have the games in my files. Mango-Tom -Jeu (or any combination) is in the file names, but if I recall, I had to get it off someone's provided download file, since people couldn't find these too easily.

I'm not sure if I can provide the downloads for these two recolors (Creator's TOU and all that ... if I can FIND where I got this originally!), and don't know if I will provide all the files. My earlier downloads weren't exactly the most organized!

Found the Monopoly one. I would guess this is the mesh for the other two. It's Mediafire ... sorry.

http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...php?topic=227.0

Note: If you have a problem with Sims not using this, make sure the table is facing the right way

The other two were recolors, if I recall. It's been a long while. There is also a Shogi variation, but you need to ask the owner of the blog for a link. I do not have this one. Since it looks like the owner hasn't been to that blog for a while, I'm passing on that one.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
In my Simlogical school the teachers keep leaving their classes to go to the gym and play on the trampolines!

Sure wish that was the case in real life, since that gives me more excuses to go to the gym instead of a classroom. I do wish there were more decorative objects for gyms though, like a weight or dumbbell rack. Viewing them would build the fitness enthusiasm, which would be awesome. And speaking of dumbbells, that's another thing I want in game. I don't have a gym membership and instead use a few dumbbells I have at home. They take up far less space than a fully fledged exercise machine, not to mention costs less! Would be perfect for apartments.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
C&K just uploaded new skilling items including hand held puzzles! http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...ects-for-ts2-my

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing! I had a bit of a problem with the book of jokes though. My sims couldn't use bookcases after installing it and kept on resetting whenever I asked them to study something, so I had to take it out, but left the other two in. :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 10:20 PM
MMAA, I fixed the book of jokes after someone reported the problem earlier today. I shared a fix on my tumblr .
(The problem was a very dumb oversight on my part >_>)

Some of the ideas shared here are stuff I'm planning to do at some point in the future haha. So many projects, so little time. (And I saw someone who was working on a functional chemistry table. How awesome is that?)

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 10:50 PM
Thanks for the fix.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 11:00 PM
I like to see a dollhouse for children what builds up charisma, especially if two children are playing together.
Alchemist
#24 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 11:52 PM
Fun thread! I would love it if there were food stands or trucks, that work like the lemonade stand. Sims could build cooking skills while they make the food, then charisma and sales badges, while they sell it.

As someone else mentioned, a charisma building toy for kids would be cool. Something like the TS4 teddy bear.

A sketch pad, like the one from TS3 that builds creativity.
Quote: Originally posted by Azelanne
(And I saw someone who was working on a functional chemistry table. How awesome is that?)
Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Azelanne
MMAA, I fixed the book of jokes after someone reported the problem earlier today. I shared a fix on my tumblr .
(The problem was a very dumb oversight on my part >_>)

Oooh! Thank you so much for the fix! And great work!
Page 1 of 2