Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 11:00 PM
Default Tomb Building - Adding New Triggers
Okay...so apparently EA was real choosy when deciding what objects could have triggers added to them.

For example, you can add a trigger to the computer, tv, phone, and radio. Some of these are only "cause" - like you can link a trigger from a wall phone so that when "phone rang" something else happens, like a door unlocking (dumbest trigger ever since you can't call a community lot and can't trigger the phone TO ring). Same with the tv - you can trigger it so turning it on or changing the channel causes something to happen, but not set something to turn the tv on. Toilets also are a cause only.

Some items that seem to make sense can't even have the ability added to them like sinks and mirrors or sitting on a specific chair. You can name a urinal. But you can't add a trigger.

Spiral staircases, elevators, and ladders never had this ability patched in.

How hard would it be to add this ability to things? Specifically the easier stuff, like chairs and sinks. I'm guessing that elevators/ladders would be even harder because of the "hidden" state like regular stairs have. I'm assuming fairly difficult since the amount of tomb objects uploaded is limited to one upload. If it could be done, is there some place I could start? I'm not even entirely sure what to look for when looking to see what makes some of these items valid for it and others not.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."