Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 11:07 PM
Default Expansion Pack GameplayData Location?
Hello, I have recently started learning about making XML and ITUN files to make my own mod using this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Tuning_Modding

I have S3PE and have managed to follow the tutorial up to finding the right resource. Specifically, what I'm looking for is the Procreation Elixir so I can make it usable for pregnant sims. The Elixir grants the "A Twinkle in the Eye" moodlet for 8 hours, and the option to "drink elixir" in game is greyed out for pregnant sims. According to this thread: http://modthesims.info/t/487277 the elixir will increase the chance for pregnancy and also the chance for multiples as long as the moodlet is there at the time of the birth. So I figured that all I had to do was locate the code in my GameplayData.package that dealt with the elixir and change <Misc DisallowedIfPregnant="True" to <Misc DisallowedIfPregnant="False" That way, a pregnant sim could drink it and get the moodlet again right before the baby was born.

My problem is finding the Elixir code in the package. I've sorted by name and looked for related terms like the tutorial says, and I've tried the following:
Procreation Elixir
Elixir
Drink Elixir
Potion
Alchemy

None of these seem to exist, and what's even stranger is that Potion of Liquid Courage seems to be in the list which is a World Adventures item and I don't have World Adventures installed. Some other misc World Adventures things are in there too, like Egypt Visit. I'm very confused on where to look for the code related to the Supernatural expansion pack, and even more confused to why WA code is in my GameplayData when I don't have the expansion pack installed. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be fantastic :S
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 5:23 PM
Fun fact! most of the game's content comes with these 1GB-4GB updates EA gave us back in the days. I even have stuff pack items that I don't even own! So you will find them in the delta packages folder (not the package file). You know, the folders with the P01, P02,etc names.

Anyhow, I guess the reason why they can't be found is probably because they're all merged in once script/XML/ITUN file. Sometimes it takes some time to find out if it is, but eventually you'll find it.

An easier to find it, which is the way I usually track down scripts (not anything gameplay data related, but usually it makes it easier to give an idea of what the name might look like. (Unless I'm missing something and it's waaaay easier to track these XML files).

So what you want to do is open S3OC, and either manually look through the entire list, or search for it in Tool>search (make sure you check all the boxes when you're searching for something). Potions might pop up and clone it.
Then you want to open the package, and find the OBJK.
Right click on it and find 'Edit OBJK' (this option will be available when you download the extra plugins for S3PE, which you can get here: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...s/859/index.htm)
You'll find a line that looks something like this: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.name.name

This is actually a path that shows where the script is located. Though sometimes the way these names are named, could show you that the potions had a different name all along. This happens a lot with the names that EA given their objects and the in-game name.

Like, for example (not that this is an actual thing EA named it). EA's script says it's a pigeon, but in the game they're called birds. so you want to look for pigeon instead of birds.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 2:47 AM
Thank you so much for the detailed response and the resources!! With the info you gave me I found what I needed in my Program Files (x86) GameplayData under AlchemyRecipes, and all I needed was to swap <CanConsumeIfPregnant>False to True. It turns out I have multiple GameplayData package files, which I never would have thought to look for. My first mod is running smoothly thanks to you :D
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 5:56 PM
You're welcome! ^-^ I had this similar problem while trying to fix the 'no weight loss when swimming' since I wasn't sure if the original creator was going to fix it. Though that one is linked to the athletic script file so... complicated stuff XD