Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 1:18 PM
Default When your own CC stops working for you...
Hey guys. I'm fairly new to making CC, and I'm having a super frustrating problem with my latest CC creation. I'm hoping someone on here has the experience to help.

Sooo when I created my Feathers/Maxis dark skintone it worked perfectly (as seen in the screenshots) - but sometime between when I uploaded it and when it was processed through the queue, it stopped working in my game. As a note, it was in the queue for around a week since MTS is short on staff, so unfortunately I'm not sure exactly when this happened.

Now in my game for some reason, there is only one combined image file for the tf, tm, af, am, ef and em facial textures. It uses what should be the em face texture. So like... teens and adults have a seam at the neck where their normal-looking body suddenly cuts off to a grey wrinkly man face.

When the upload was moderated and made available, I deleted my old dark skin files from my computer and re-downloaded my own project in hopes of getting the non-corrupted version that I had when I first posted the upload. But for some reason, this still isn't working for me. Now I'm not even sure if it's a problem with my game, or if I've somehow uploaded a corrupted version too...?

I have tried taking ALL of my cc out of the downloads folder to test the dark skin alone, and it still has the same problem.

I have also tried recreating the skin for myself and adding new facial files that I whipped up in photoshop with the correct names, but doing this causes some type of error where bodyshop is completely unable to load the files and show the skin.

Can anyone offer any advice here? Is my upload at least working for others?

Thanks in advance. This is super frustrating, as the main reason I created this skin was because I wanted to use it in my game!
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 6:08 AM
Have you tried it in a clean documents folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 4:26 PM
Hi, thanks for the help - I ended up just re-creating the skin entirely. Not sure what the problem really was, but it's fixed now, and I've uploaded the properly working version.