Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 11:45 PM
Default Advice about hacks/mods to replace some ACR features?
I've had ACR for a while and mostly enjoy it, but lately I've been missing some of the features it removes (like family and friends becoming angry when they see a loved one's spouse cheating). I'm planning on following the directions in the readme to uninstall. The problem is, there are certain aspects of ACR that I will miss greatly and still would like in my game. These include automatic assignment of gender preference, risky woohoo/chance of unintended pregnancy (and ability to customize these odds), and decreased fertility with age. I was wondering if anyone knew of separate hacks or mods that could provide these features for me. Before anyone mentions it, I also don't have or want inTeen.

If I can't find any hacks, my plan is to use a randomizer to decide gender preference upon becoming a teen and set it with some kind of tool (does SimBlender do this? If not then SimPE should). I would also calculate and keep track of risky woohoo odds on my own, and roll a randomizer every time a couple woohoos to determine if the female sim gets pregnant manually through SimBlender. The only thing I can't think of any solution for is the decreasing fertility one.

I'd appreciate any advice, whether it's about mods/hacks or manual ways to simulate these features.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 11:51 PM
It doesn't seem to be too customizable but ou might want to check out syberspunk risky woohoo mod; I haven't used it myself but his mods are usually decent:
http://modthesims.info/d/108011

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 12:56 AM
The simblender has a randomize feature. There is also a mod on here to remove all gender preferences.
Risky whohoo has ingame settings
You may also want No instant love and Romance mod.

Those are the mods that I use, but the one thing I have not got is something to lower fertility with age. That is something I have wanted but not found.
Romance mod by pescado makes it so only certain sims get jealous. So a romance sim should not, but a family sim will.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 1:25 AM
Thanks for the info about those mods! I already have no instant love, and I previously had romance mod but couldn't notice the effects since I had ACR installed. Maybe now that I won't I'll try it again.

joandsarah, what exactly are in the ingame settings for risky woohoo like? Are the odds customizable for each individual sim? I'm also curious about the odds on the mod download page- is that actually a 30% chance of pregnancy every time a sim woohoos in bed? I mean, that's not too much lower than the default chances for try for baby. Or is it 30% of the default try for baby odds, which is how ACR's risky woohoo system is set up.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 1:29 AM
The are only basic settings - well I think it's risky whohoo that gives me those settings. Although now that I am thinking about it, it may be the trips and quads mod. Also really worth having. You can set the baby number and it gives you the option of paternity leave.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Those are the mods that I use, but the one thing I have not got is something to lower fertility with age. That is something I have wanted but not found.

Inteen does that but you get a pile of other stuff with it of course.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The are only basic settings - well I think it's risky whohoo that gives me those settings. Although now that I am thinking about it, it may be the trips and quads mod. Also really worth having. You can set the baby number and it gives you the option of paternity leave.

I have that mod already and love it!

I have the random only version though so I always get a random number of babies. But I have lowered the odds of triplets and quads drastically, since otherwise they take over my neighborhood!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 2:16 AM
I thought of mentiioning it - but if ACR changed too many things for Jojoa's liking, InTeen is likely out of the question.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 2:30 AM
It's a shame, I like that ACR makes sims romance each other more. I just wish it didn't get rid of so many of the regular game interactions. It kind of bothers me that sim kids and teens are witnessing their dad making out with another sim that isn't their mom and don't find it even remotely disturbing. I was able to handle it when playing the megahood because it was such a large community of sims, but in the small BACC neighborhood I'm playing it just somehow feels off that no one has any reaction to blatant cheating (except sometimes another lover sim, but even then not very often at all and usually only with woohoo).

I'm going to back up my game though, because I've had ACR for a while and it's possible that when I see the game without it I may decide I liked it better with ACR.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I thought of mentiioning it - but if ACR changed too many things for Jojoa's liking, InTeen is likely out of the question.

Yeah, I don't want inTeen because 1. I know a ton of my mods conflict with it and 2. I have no desire for teen woohoo or pregnancy in my game. So even if I downloaded it and disabled all the features I didn't want (which would be a lot) I would still have to worry about mod conflicts.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 2:53 AM
I think it depends on the focus of your play or what you enjoy the most. If the drama of ACR is what you enjoy (and a lot of people do) then you may find the game dull without it. My focus is on family play, running an integrated hood, my goals and I dislike cheating. I do wish my single sims would take the incentive to start up romances a bit more but I don't want/not interested in ACR cheating, unasked for baby making or just woohoo calls. There is so much that I would have to turn off it doesn't make such a large mod worth it for me.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 7:31 AM
Huh. I didn't realise ACR turned off those reactions. I guess I have just had it for so long that I never realised they were supposed to be there in the first place.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#13 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 9:18 AM
Sims are spontaneous, they will flirt with other Sims without ACR. They won't go as far as they do with ACR, but they will flirt, all on their own, even shy Sims with their hands behind their backs and their toes boring into the ground.

Cheating can be turned off completely in ACR.

Sims are not that likely to cheat on their own, they have a single crush, and you can set it to permanent, as well, so they will not cheat even if cheating is not turned off! The problem arises when A has a crush on B and B has a crush on C - but it can also be changed for every Sim.

Cheating can also be set to different levels. You can allow them to flirt but nothing else - or you can allow them to flirt and kiss, but nothing else, etc.

The romance mod actually works (and is recommended by the creator) with ACR.

Woohoo (booty) calls can be turned off and pregnancy odds can be set.

I have used ACR for a while - but I probably won't keep it forever.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jojoa777
It's a shame, I like that ACR makes sims romance each other more. I just wish it didn't get rid of so many of the regular game interactions. It kind of bothers me that sim kids and teens are witnessing their dad making out with another sim that isn't their mom and don't find it even remotely disturbing. I was able to handle it when playing the megahood because it was such a large community of sims, but in the small BACC neighborhood I'm playing it just somehow feels off that no one has any reaction to blatant cheating (except sometimes another lover sim, but even then not very often at all and usually only with woohoo).

I'm going to back up my game though, because I've had ACR for a while and it's possible that when I see the game without it I may decide I liked it better with ACR.

You can adjust the jealousy settings you know. ACR is good for the tuning abilities it has. I have the entire neighbourhood set to regular EAxis jealousy as default (because I like the drama) - I only adjust it for individuals if there is a story reason for that (and there very nearly always isn't one)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 1:19 PM
I am all for the drama too - so set to Maxi crush it is
Inventor
#16 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 1:44 PM
I've set it so that they will react when they are in love. For my hood I feel they shouldn't go about slapping someone because they have a (little) crush on a person, who's interested in someone else and acts on it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 2:30 PM
I know I can change the jealousy levels, and I'm content with how I have it set up. I do like that some sims care about cheating while others don't very much. The problem for me is mostly how other sims (not the one with a crush or in love) react. I'd be extremely interested if anyone knows how to set ACR up so other family members will react negatively when, for example, a parent sees a son-in-law cheating on their daughter, or a kid sees a mother cheating on their father.
Theorist
#18 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 3:41 PM
It's a shame, I like that ACR makes sims romance each other more. I just wish it didn't get rid of so many of the regular game interactions. It kind of bothers me that sim kids and teens are witnessing their dad making out with another sim that isn't their mom and don't find it even remotely disturbing.

See, I've never had this issue. When caught cheating, significant others respond as they should (get angry, poke, fight), and I have had children cry when witnessing a parent's infidelity.

Oh, and I have ACR2 - I know that there are some differences between the first and second version.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 3:55 PM
I cannot really comment on reaction of kids - I cannot remember a married Sim cheating for a while now! But what PenelopeT says makes sense to me, and I have to wonder if there is perhaps some other mod causing kids/teens not to have appropriate reactions? I do not know, of course, but it does seem to be a possibility!
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 5:03 PM
Hmm, it could be another mod. I assumed it was ACR because it's the only mod I can think of that I have installed that impacts anger over cheating. I don't even have romancemod installed at the moment. But it's possible one of my other mods is causing this (especially since I know many mods by pescado make random changes that aren't always advertised or seem to relate well to the purpose of the mod). I'll have to look into this.

Also, I do have ACR2, so that shouldn't be the issue for me.
Alchemist
#21 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 5:22 PM
I think it might (at least partially) be ACR. I have a romance Sim who's a single dad, and his kid isn't fazed by the parade of women traipsing in and out, because I've turned off jealousy on their lot. A different lot that uses Maxis jealousy standards had all the usual drama when a woman was caught cheating by her boyfriend and son.

I'm not sure how much nuance ACR allows with jealousy settings. You might not be able to have a Sim who doesn't get jealous in his own romantic life, but who'd still get angry if their child or sibling was cheated on.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 5:42 PM
You'd have to create a test hood with various family members to try it.

The thing with a crush is that in TS2 a crush is not the same as a real life crush, it's like the beginning of a relationship almost. The attraction system included with nightlife is more like a crush to me. I think you're right. I'm going to put my jealousy settings back to crush, because I don't let them develop crushes that easily anyway.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#23 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 5:45 PM
Well, most of the time they don't work like real crushes. Except for Darren Dreamer. Always thought that was weird.
Theorist
#24 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 7:21 PM
Hmm, it could be another mod. I assumed it was ACR because it's the only mod I can think of that I have installed that impacts anger over cheating. I don't even have romancemod installed at the moment. But it's possible one of my other mods is causing this (especially since I know many mods by pescado make random changes that aren't always advertised or seem to relate well to the purpose of the mod). I'll have to look into this.
Also, I do have ACR2, so that shouldn't be the issue for me.

If it helps, I have ACR2, romancemod, noinstantloves, risky woohoo and Chris Hatch's pregnancy relationship adjustment (to keep female sims from getting away with passing off their lover's baby as their husband's...I love drama in my game). All of these mods play well together in my game, and do not appear to interfere with any of my sims level of awareness.

Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I think it might (at least partially) be ACR. I have a romance Sim who's a single dad, and his kid isn't fazed by the parade of women traipsing in and out, because I've turned off jealousy on their lot. A different lot that uses Maxis jealousy standards had all the usual drama when a woman was caught cheating by her boyfriend and son.

I'm not sure how much nuance ACR allows with jealousy settings. You might not be able to have a Sim who doesn't get jealous in his own romantic life, but who'd still get angry if their child or sibling was cheated on.

Technically, even if you have jealousy enabled, a child or teen should not get upset if a sim parent is single with multiple lovers...as they are not really cheating on anyone that they have family ties to.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Alchemist
#25 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 8:32 PM
I agree that they shouldn't, but they do in the vanilla game. I've had kids get upset that the stepparent who helped raise them from toddler-hood is kissing their parent. The only time I've had kids who didn't care in an unmodded game was when the bio parents split during the kid's infancy.
Page 1 of 2