Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 9:21 PM
Default Mod you can't live without?
I'm an idot, buy acccedent I delited all my modes. Will you help me to replace whem? What mod is your favorit and wher can I find it?
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 9:31 PM
Click here to find all the essential mods for your game.

Is there anything you remember you really liked when you had your mods? Because there are so many out there. My favorite may not be anything you'd actually want in your game. Is there anything you want your sims to do that isn't part of the original game? For example, go to college in the neighborhood, choose their own romantic partners, cut hedges even if fences are int he way, not walk a million miles to set down a coffee cup?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 10:45 PM
I have hundreds....

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#4 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 10:53 PM
Essentials are already mentioned so, I add this one: http://cyjon.net/node/42
Lots of mods there as well, pick and choose
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 12:31 AM
I recommend playing as vanilla as you can. Use it as a blank slate! There is no use stuffing your game with as many mods as you can find.

Put the corruption blocking mods in, and play to your heart's content. When something annoys you, or you find that you miss a feature you used to have, I am sure that people here will be able to suggest a fix or remind you where that feature came from.

It's *your* game! Our favourite mods are about as much use to you as a chocolate teapot!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 1:25 AM
I never used to have any until I got so bored with university that I got one for halving the time the students are there. Then I got one for preventing social welfare taking all the kids away (just because one was too lazy to do homework). My medieval hood needed a mod for normal clothes worn during pregnancy (looked pretty stupid for a pregnant queen to suddenly change into Maxi's ugly pregnancy clothes). I can't recall any others at the moment since I haven't played in a while. I don't have many (yet).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 1:29 AM Last edited by FranH : 26th Oct 2016 at 11:57 AM.
Which one? I have so many in my dl's folder that I've culled pretty carefully.
You should pick and choose whichever mods you use to your best gaming play-but any of the anti-corruption ones, in my book, are totally essential to the longevity of the game itself.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 10:15 AM
I think having the essential mods is a good start - one needs to know what one wants to change
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
It's *your* game! Our favourite mods are about as much use to you as a chocolate teapot!

I would totally eat a chocolate teapot.
Scholar
#10 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 12:45 PM Last edited by alljoj : 26th Oct 2016 at 1:08 PM.
I can't live without InTeenimater because teens are bland and kinda boring without them if you haven't watched them grow up so it introduces more storytelling. But that's just me.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 6:16 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 27th Oct 2016 at 6:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lofn
I'm an idot, buy acccedent I delited all my modes. Will you help me to replace whem? What mod is your favorit and wher can I find it?

They aren't in your computer's Recycle Bin (if you're using Windows) or Trash Can (if you're on a Mac)?

EDIT: I wasn't trying to be funny or snarky or anything. A lot of times when people accidentally delete something important, they panic and forget to check the obvious places. I've done this myself.

If I really like a site and their content, I've gotten in the habit of bookmarking the site in my browser. It's also good to have at least one backup somewhere safe (mods, CC, neighborhoods, etc.).
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 5:33 PM
My favourite mod is Squinge's No More Fires which you can download at www.insimenator.org. It gives me the peace of mind of being able to play without the risk of having to watch my friends being burned alive at any minute. I doubt if I'd still be playing The Sims if I didn't have it. I'll give you a full link if you want it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 8:26 PM
I like ACR - I don't like InTeen - but going around downloading everything will just be confusing, so I will suggest starting with a number of mods at a time.
That way, it is easier to remove a mod that causes problems.
Very important: Read the instructions and make sure you have the correct version for your game.
Link Ninja
#14 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 9:20 PM
I think the Gussy Up mod is my favorite when all is said and done.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#15 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 11:05 PM
I can't imagine my game even being enjoyable without the No Whats This mod.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 11:18 PM
I like all the mods in my game - that is why I use them
A favourite is really hard to pick - the essential ones, probably, because I saw one hood going up into space in the fiery ball thing (well, I did not exactly see that).
But - anti-pee obsession by Pescado - hell, there are not fifty Sims trying to use the same toilet at once! That makes such a difference to a party too
Instructor
#17 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 11:59 PM
Simblender

Pregnancy, speed or slow down, pregnancy by anyone,
Townify sims or put up for adoption kids and pets
Pick careers and levels
Badges, skills , motives, wants, toddler skills
Set/remove relationships
Plastic surgery and change appearance of any sim including Townes
Teleport/summon sims

I can do anything! Muhaha

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 12:17 AM
And I have never used a 'no whats this' mod since I actually enjoy the action! Which is why you can't go out and simply use someone else's mods.

I think my favourite mod might just be the institution sign from Simlogical to prevent the car pool and bus. Means sims can open their business or be transported to other lots without pop ups saying they missed work, sick days same deal or kids who simply don't go to school.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#19 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 3:27 AM
I use a whole lot of mods, but my favorite might just be community lot time. It allows my sims to go out to community lots and have time actually pass on their home lot. Before downloading this mod, I hated taking my sims out to community lots because they could be out for hours and get tired and then they'd get home and it would still be the morning. Now I actually take advantage of the community lots. Plus after I play the sim on the community lot, I get to play through any remaining sims on the home lot. It's definitely made my simming experience better
Mad Poster
#20 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 8:20 AM
And I will never, ever,ever use the community lot time, because I like my Sims to work all day, party all night and still get some sleep So, like Jo says - the choice of mods are very personal. That is also why you should not go and use everything at once.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
And I have never used a 'no whats this' mod since I actually enjoy the action!
I like the "What's this?" action too. At the very least it moves Sims away from the portal, making room for following Sims. Moreover it's led to ay least two memorable incidents in my game, that I'd have missed if I'd modded it out:
1) It was quite early in my game, and Andrew, clad only in his underpants and looking very vulnerable, was frying a hamburger. His mum was upstairs sleeping after a hard morning at work. I saw a wisp of smoke start to rise from the pan, and with horror I realised I hadn't given them a fire alarm. It was all right: I paused the game, went onto Buy Mode, bought an alarm and installed it over the cooker. And Andrew got his hamburger, albeit a bit burned. A little later, Gloria, now fully rested, came down the stairs. She looked up at the new alarm with the "What's this?" action. She knew it hadn't been there when she went to bed. It was like, "Andrew, have you been spending my money again?" Of course she wasn't angry: she knew it made them both a lot safer.
2) When I was playing Pleasantview, and they visited the community centre there, Lilith (who else?) just had to go into the Ladies Room and examine a toilet! It wasn't even the newest thing on the lot -- I had added a CC vending machine. I wonder what she would have done if her favourite toilet had been in the Gents.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Which is why you can't go out and simply use someone else's mods.
That's my problem with Pescado's Director's Cut, which comes without the usual rtfm.txt files; you're supposed to just drop the while thing into your Downloads folder and not use anyone else's hacks. Which is fine, provided that you want to play in exactly the same way that Pescado used to play. But for most of us the whole point of using mods is to be able to play the way that we want.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 10:38 AM
Andrew, that is not correct.
First, there is a rtfm available on MATY - somebody else wrote it, but it is available. I downloaded it and have it on my pc.
Second, you do not need to drop the whole thing in your downloads folder - you can easily pick the mods you like (eg, romance mod ), which is what I did.
Thirdly - you can use other mods and hacks with the Director's cut. If it conflicts with something, it has to load after the Pescado mod (or you can simply uninstall the Pescado mod).
I don't think the Director's Cut is for everyone, but it is probably handy for some.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 11:51 AM
I'm constantly torn between using CLT and not-because it's so useful most of the time not to have it lingering in the background. It's a win-lose situation when you have it in the game-you have to make sure you keep an eye on the time for any sim who's employed, lest they become unemployed because they went somewhere before they had to go to work.

And forget about running a business with it-the pixel has to be unemployed or else face being so if they do run one.

That is why I do not use it, even though I'd love to most of the time, especially with the feature that you can go back to the home base and watch what's happening.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#24 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jojoa777
I use a whole lot of mods, but my favorite might just be community lot time. It allows my sims to go out to community lots and have time actually pass on their home lot. Before downloading this mod, I hated taking my sims out to community lots because they could be out for hours and get tired and then they'd get home and it would still be the morning. Now I actually take advantage of the community lots. Plus after I play the sim on the community lot, I get to play through any remaining sims on the home lot. It's definitely made my simming experience better

Where can I find that one?

My favorite mod has to be Carrington's mailbox hack. It was the first mod I ever used. I downloaded it by accident in a house from the EA website. I loved it, and have jealously guarded it ever since.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'm constantly torn between using CLT and not-because it's so useful most of the time not to have it lingering in the background. It's a win-lose situation when you have it in the game-you have to make sure you keep an eye on the time for any sim who's employed, lest they become unemployed because they went somewhere before they had to go to work.

In my game it normally only kicks in if I have sims walk to lot, if I drive it doesn't work.

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2