Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Angled Long Bob (Hairstyle for Adults, Teens and Children)

by Rainerine Posted 2nd Nov 2016 at 10:34 PM - Updated 16th Oct 2021 at 8:08 AM by Rainerine : Fix and Update to Adult/Teen/Elder Hairstyle

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 9:01 AM
This is gorgeous. *-* Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 9:17 PM
So much thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 9:55 AM
this is so well made my fav hair so far Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
this is so well made my fav hair so far Thank You

Thank you so much! Glad you are enjoying the hairstyle
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 11:52 PM
This hair doesn't use any resources from any expansions, does it? It doesn't seem to be showing up in my game
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NostalgikNick
This hair doesn't use any resources from any expansions, does it? It doesn't seem to be showing up in my game

Strange, are you seeing it in the CAS in your game but the hair is invisible when you try to use it? It was adapted from a mesh from the Kitchen Stuff pack but should not require it in any way since it is a completely new mesh with new textures. Let me know and I can try to figure out if it is a greater bug.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 12:50 PM Last edited by NostalgikNick : 5th Nov 2016 at 3:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kya Sarin
Strange, are you seeing it in the CAS in your game but the hair is invisible when you try to use it? It was adapted from a mesh from the Kitchen Stuff pack but should not require it in any way since it is a completely new mesh with new textures. Let me know and I can try to figure out if it is a greater bug.

The odd thing is that while the children's version works perfectly fine, it's only the adult version I'm having issues with. It doesn't even show up in CAS for me. I'm absolutely positive I have it installed correctly, same exact way I've installed the child version.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 8:08 PM
Hi - you apparently cloned a hair from an expansion/stuff pack (I imagine Kitchen Stuff) for the teen-elder and used that as the basis of your modified hair. The CASP contains a marker identifying the expansion/stuff pack (if any) and the item won't show up if the user's game doesn't have that pack.

What you need to do is clone a base-game hair and import all your meshes and textures so it'll be compatible for everyone.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Hi - you apparently cloned a hair from an expansion/stuff pack (I imagine Kitchen Stuff) for the teen-elder and used that as the basis of your modified hair. The CASP contains a marker identifying the expansion/stuff pack (if any) and the item won't show up if the user's game doesn't have that pack.

What you need to do is clone a base-game hair and import all your meshes and textures so it'll be compatible for everyone.

Thank you , it is one of my first hair mods and I was silly and didn't realize the CASP contains that marker for each expansion/stuff pack.

Quote: Originally posted by NostalgikNick
The odd thing is that while the children's version works perfectly fine, it's only the adult version I'm having issues with. It doesn't even show up in CAS for me. I'm absolutely positive I have it installed correctly, same exact way I've installed the child version.

I updated the adult hair package file so it should work properly with the base game. Try redownloading the file from MTS, removing the old version and adding this one in. Let me know if you still have any issues finding it in CAS
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kya Sarin
Thank you , it is one of my first hair mods and I was silly and didn't realize the CASP contains that marker for each expansion/stuff pack.

I updated the adult hair package file so it should work properly with the base game. Try redownloading the file from MTS, removing the old version and adding this one in. Let me know if you still have any issues finding it in CAS

It works perfectly now! Thank you for making my day It looks amazing on my sim. You're the best person ever.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 11:09 PM
Great Maxi Match hair. thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:55 PM
I love the look of this one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 10:57 AM
thx exactly what im looking for