Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated Deco Sprinkler - Updated 7-7-'18

by Bakie Posted 19th Nov 2016 at 12:24 PM - Updated 9th Apr 2020 at 9:37 PM by Bakie

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 12:53 PM
Nice! Would be great if they were usable for gardening so you don't have to water your plants anymore ;P
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 3:50 PM
Wow, these look awesome! I was wondering if you could also do the circular sprinklers and the fountains from the rich neighborhood in Oasis Springs. That would be really cool :D
Here's a video of me showing what I'm talking about:
https://youtu.be/p_QVixMO4Hk
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 4:52 PM
Again. Awesome. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 10:49 PM
Awesome! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 11:45 PM
Great job! Thank you. <3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by huntrezz
Nice! Would be great if they were usable for gardening so you don't have to water your plants anymore ;P

Yeah, I thought about that too as that's a thing everyone already wanted from the beginning. But there's no object in game that can water plants right now as far as I know. But maybe you do know about such a object as I don't play the game that much.
Quote: Originally posted by CubicPoison
Wow, these look awesome! I was wondering if you could also do the circular sprinklers and the fountains from the rich neighborhood in Oasis Springs. That would be really cool :D

I've took a look at all other sprinklers too, but those aren't played for an infinite time. They will just pop-up sometimes, then dissapear and then after 1 hour / 1,5 hour (in-game time) pop-up again.
If you don't mind that, I can make those place-able too if you and more people would like that.

Quote: Originally posted by Heymon
Again. Awesome. Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by delightfulcoco31
Awesome! Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by MistyGem1010
Great job! Thank you. <3

You're welcome, gladd you all like it!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
I've took a look at all other sprinklers too, but those aren't played for an infinite time. They will just pop-up sometimes, then dissapear and then after 1 hour / 1,5 hour (in-game time) pop-up again.
If you don't mind that, I can make those place-able too if you and more people would like that.

No, that sounds great actually! A touch of added realism
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 9:35 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Every time I become weary of Sims4 and long for Sims3 again, the modding community comes up with a treasure like this. I had sprinklers in Sims3, now I can have them again. I'm so excited! Thank you again!
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 4:38 PM
игра - лицензия, обновленная. Установил мод, но вода не брызгает. Включаю но ничего не происходит даже спустя несколько суток сим-часов
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 12:09 AM
This is so adorable! I can't wait to see how this looks in game. :) Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 6:21 AM
I like the sprinklers but not a huge fan of the grass. Maybe a rock painted black or green would have been better or even a custom base for it like sprinklers in real life use. link to example https://goo.gl/rptWYW

I live in the desert and have no grass...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 3:49 AM
You're a genius !!! very realistic !!! thank you !
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
Thank you! Thank you! Every time I become weary of Sims4 and long for Sims3 again, the modding community comes up with a treasure like this. I had sprinklers in Sims3, now I can have them again. I'm so excited! Thank you again!

You're welcome, glad I could help you with this.
Quote: Originally posted by TessaLina
игра - лицензия, обновленная. Установил мод, но вода не брызгает. Включаю но ничего не происходит даже спустя несколько суток сим-часов

I have no idea what you're saying, can you try to translate this in English please?
Quote: Originally posted by Ella Michelle
This is so adorable! I can't wait to see how this looks in game. Thank you!

I hope you still liked it after seeing them in game too?
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel_USA
I like the sprinklers but not a huge fan of the grass. Maybe a rock painted black or green would have been better or even a custom base for it like sprinklers in real life use. link to example https://goo.gl/rptWYW
I live in the desert and have no grass...

This effect already comed with a sprinkler base by itself, like can be seen on the thumbnail. But I understand you do like the fact of some object so it can be found more easily, only no grass? I'm not into meshing yet, but will be soon I hope. Maybe just a plane circle to place onto your grass/sand will be good too? So it pops pit of that glat circle?
Quote: Originally posted by jennice
You're a genius !!! very realistic !!! thank you !

Well, not a genius..but thanks anyway!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 2:28 AM
Ingenious idea. Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybluejustice
Ingenious idea. Thank you

You're welcome

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _Elk_
I love this and am currently using it to 'water' my marijuana plants, but I believe the mesh may be glitched because only the grass is showing. I read that there is an 'invisible mesh' or whatnot, so maybe that has something to do with it *shrugs*. Just wanted to inform you and anyone else who downloads this during the timestamp on this post. It still works, it just looks funny seeing a tuft of grass spurt water like a Squirtle XD.

Hi Elk,
I just tested the mod in my own game but it works perfectly fine in my case.
There are 2 mods when you download the package files. One of them has an invisible mesh and after placing will start watering all by itself.
The second one has the tiny bit of grass and needs to be activated by clicking on it and then click "turn on". Then the sprinkler will come to the surface to spray the water like can be seen in my video.

But in your case you only see the water and not the sprinkler itself if I understand that right? That's quite strange as the water and the sprinkler are one single effect.. so there's no way to fix your problem I'm afraid.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 4:34 PM
Bakie, you are a gem. I can't believe that I haven't seen your mods before today. I love each and every one of them. Thank you!

I have a suggestion for the sprinkler mod, if you're able. In public areas, typically, sprinklers only come on at night when people are less likely to walk by and become wet. Would it be possible to make the effects be automatic, like the lights in the game? This way, each night, the sprinklers will come on by themselves then turn off again in the morning. It would add a lot to an already awesome effect.

Again, thank you so much for this and all mods. I will try to donate a little something when I am able.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cynna
Bakie, you are a gem. I can't believe that I haven't seen your mods before today. I love each and every one of them. Thank you!

I have a suggestion for the sprinkler mod, if you're able. In public areas, typically, sprinklers only come on at night when people are less likely to walk by and become wet. Would it be possible to make the effects be automatic, like the lights in the game? This way, each night, the sprinklers will come on by themselves then turn off again in the morning. It would add a lot to an already awesome effect.

Again, thank you so much for this and all mods. I will try to donate a little something when I am able.

Hi Cynna,
First of all, thank you very much for the kind words! It makes me feel incredibly good reading comments like yours. It's also these comments who tell me not to stop making mods for The Sims 4.
About the sprinklers, I can't think of way to make this happen unfortunately, but I will definitly right this down somewhere for if there will be a time that I do know how to make this able.
As for now, you just need to activate them manually with the grassy-sprinkler every night. ;
)

Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 2:08 PM
Hi Bakie,

I was wondering if you could help me understand this LE report. The only thing that makes sense is that it listed your animated sprinkler. The sprinkler has worked perfect until I moved my sims to a new house (this week) & installed Icemunmun's bee keeper, her new harvestable & canning station. I pulled those out & still received the LE. Is it possible the last patch changed something or is it conflicting with some else? Please see below.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>a2c7ef4a3fb460255a464685</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2017-12-29 06:48:12</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.37.35.1210-1.300.000.106.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>sim_focus.py:194</categoryid><desyncid>a2c7ef4a3fb460255a464685</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'BakieGaming:Animated_Sprinkler_World201610261532' object has no attribute 'get_focus_bone') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5759, in _do_perform_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5752, in _get_behavior File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 3813, in build_basic_elements File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5995, in build_basic_elements File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 500, in __call__ File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\sim_focus.py", line 252, in factory File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\sim_focus.py", line 222, in with_sim_focus File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\sim_focus.py", line 194, in __init__ AttributeError: 'BakieGaming:Animated_Sprinkler_World201610261532' object has no attribute 'get_focus_bone' </desyncdata></report>
</root>
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by STC7303
Hi Bakie,

I was wondering if you could help me understand this LE report. The only thing that makes sense is that it listed your animated sprinkler. The sprinkler has worked perfect until I moved my sims to a new house (this week) & installed Icemunmun's bee keeper, her new harvestable & canning station. I pulled those out & still received the LE. Is it possible the last patch changed something or is it conflicting with some else? Please see below.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>a2c7ef4a3fb460255a464685</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2017-12-29 06:48:12</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.37.35.1210-1.300.000.106.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>sim_focus.py:194</categoryid><desyncid>a2c7ef4a3fb460255a464685</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'BakieGaming:Animated_Sprinkler_World201610261532' object has no attribute 'get_focus_bone')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5759, in _do_perform_gen
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5752, in _get_behavior
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 3813, in build_basic_elements
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5995, in build_basic_elements
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 500, in __call__
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\sim_focus.py", line 252, in factory
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\sim_focus.py", line 222, in with_sim_focus
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\sim_focus.py", line 194, in __init__
AttributeError: 'BakieGaming:Animated_Sprinkler_World201610261532' object has no attribute 'get_focus_bone'
</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Hmm, I can't read those error messages very well either. Does the bee keeper or harvestable & canning station has a script file too?
I have no problems in my game, but also don't have those mods installed you named. I do have the latest game patch though, so I don't think it has something to do with that.
Maybe Icemunmun can read that error message..

Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 11:55 PM
Hmm, I can't read those error messages very well either. Does the bee keeper or harvestable & canning station has a script file too?
I have no problems in my game, but also don't have those mods installed you named. I do have the latest game patch though, so I don't think it has something to do with that.
Maybe Icemunmun can read that error message..

None of them have a script file. Thanks for taking a look. really appreciate it. I'll try Icemunmun.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:58 AM
None of them have a script file. Thanks for taking a look. really appreciate it. I'll try Icemunmun.

You're welcome, I hope you will get it to work eventually..
What happens when you delete my mod? I suppose there's no error message then? Maybe you can sort of reset the Sims 4 folder, by moving all mods and saves files out of it, then start and close the game again and then move it back in.
Or try the repair option in Origin, right click The Sims 4 and choose repair. Also in those cases be sure to back up your mods and save files just to be sure, or maybe just the whole Sims 4 folder in your documents.
All of this is your own responsibility of course, but maybe it can help.

Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 1:05 PM Last edited by STC7303 : 31st Dec 2017 at 1:45 PM.
You're welcome, I hope you will get it to work eventually..
What happens when you delete my mod? I suppose there's no error message then? Maybe you can sort of reset the Sims 4 folder, by moving all mods and saves files out of it, then start and close the game again and then move it back in.
Or try the repair option in Origin, right click The Sims 4 and choose repair. Also in those cases be sure to back up your mods and save files just to be sure, or maybe just the whole Sims 4 folder in your documents.
All of this is your own responsibility of course, but maybe it can help.

I hate to say that when I take your mod out I do not get the error. I even took out the new additions one by one still received the error. I will try all you suggest. Thats the one thing I haven't done yet. In all honesty I can't see how your mod could be giving me an error. A little dumbfounded here. I'll let you know if reseting helps. Crossing my fingers. :D

That was the trick!! No error with the sprinkler. Im so very happy. Thanks again. Yippie!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:28 PM
I hate to say that when I take your mod out I do not get the error. I even took out the new additions one by one still received the error. I will try all you suggest. Thats the one thing I haven't done yet. In all honesty I can't see how your mod could be giving me an error. A little dumbfounded here. I'll let you know if reseting helps. Crossing my fingers. :D

That was the trick!! No error with the sprinkler. Im so very happy. Thanks again. Yippie!

That's great to hear! I'm very happy too that it wasn't the mod which causes the trouble, or at least not ONLY the mod.
Now go sprinkle your gardens, I can imagine they're totally dried out by now!

Page 1 of 2