Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 9:43 AM Last edited by DanTheMann15 : 7th Aug 2017 at 8:41 AM.
Default Freshly Paved Asphalt Roads 3.0 (Beta)
Hello Everyone...

I have been working on a project for updating my Freshly Paved Asphalt Roads mod.
Making it's textures the same as it's sister mod: Yellow-Lined Asphalt Roads but with Darker Asphalt!

The textures of my newer road mod are more refined and smoother than it's older "freshly paved" variant,
because i developed the older mod back in October through December of 2014, my editing skills have improved since then.
hence i think it's time for another major update of the mod, to 3.0!

I can use your thoughts and feedback on how the textures look in your opinion,
and some bug testing, since textures and resources are going to be replaced/updated/changed,
and the fact that i am building the .package from-the-ground-up.

All 4 Terrains are supported by this mod.

Thank you all in advance for testing this upcoming update!

Current Stage of Development: beta stage.

Latest Build: 3A452b5-rc1 - Build Date: August 7, 2017
Filesize: 5,280 kb, Compressed: Yes.

Release Notes:
//Build: 3A452b5-rc1 - 8/7/2017
• Made adjustments to all of the Dirt Lotskirt road textures.
• Made an adjustment to the corner Hoodview road texture.

Attached files:
File Type: zip  fp-asphaltroads_3.0_3A452b5-rc1_full.zip (4.61 MB, 64 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Latest Evaluation Build.
File Type: 7z  fp-asphaltroads_3.0_older_test_builds.7z (6.42 MB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Older Builds (not being tested anymore.)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 4:32 AM
New Build Released, and News on Development.

I am aware that it's been next-to a month since i started this thread, and over the month nobody tested this mod.
i am guessing nobody is interested or has the spare time, and i understand.
but regardless i will continue updating this mod's 3.0 update on this thread until it's final release.

Build 3A174 has the bare textures now to make it ready to port to the other terrains,
so the next builds will come with support for the next terrains down the line:
from Desert in one build, to Dirt in the next build, then concrete in the build after that.

from there on, optimization starts. and the mod goes into the beta stage.

Feel free to leave questions and feedback on this upcoming update.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 5:25 AM
Sorry nobody has taken it on. From my perspective looking at your pictures, it's too black.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#4 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 12:32 AM
I actually were going to test this, but I forgot, sorry.

Anyway, I only play with 2 hoods (Widespot with namemod and Crowborough without so finn names there only, silly of me but I do not want to mix those ), both are lush but in my current gamesetup I do have only minimall CC installed, so I took Bitville and took shots in there, both, hood and lot.

But yes, I agree with Jo , maybe for lush terrain a littlebit too deep black
Screenshots

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 4:46 AM
The roads appear to be too black?

Yes, the textures in this new version of the mod are made darker than the previous version, but it is intentional though.

i am aiming to make the new version of this mod have roads that are more like freshly paved roads,
which the asphalt is fairly close to black, it is similar to what i see here in pennsylvania when the roads are freshly redone.

But based on your feedback:
I will think about how the textures look and maybe brighten them up a tiny bit before porting them to other terrains,
but it will be a bit of work making the textures match-up correctly with the surrounding roads if i do that.

However i do plan to keep version 2.4.1 available for download even after 3.0 releases,
so if people prefer the older textures they can still download the older version.

Thank you for your feedback! let me know if more things come-up, next build comes in a day or two.

I have also attached a comparison image of the previous version: 2.4.1 (2F133) and the current prerelease: 3.0 (3A174a),
these are the source images for the straight lush lotskirtroad.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 9:26 AM
That looks better.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 8:17 AM
New Build Released...

Merry Christmas! and i have a new test build that took a bit longer than i expected,
because i had to replace every single texture to make the roads a tiny bit brighter, so they don't look too black
following the feedback you gave, and also i asked my brothers for their input on how the roads looked,
and they ended-up agreeing with you.

the lotskirtroads also seem to be more gritty now than the previous build, which makes them look more realistic-ish,
but i still need to change the road floor tiles to make them match the surrounding lotskirtroads, they currently don't look right.

Thank you for testing this mod! and i will have another build on the way after the season wraps-up in a few days.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 10:22 PM
Update on the current state of development...

I know that it has been over a month since i put out the previous test build, so here is what's going on.

I have not been working on it much lately, simply because i have been playing GTA 5, Battlefield 1 and Ratchet and Clank (PS4),
the development of this update has grinded to a halt.

I will continue development of this update, i ain't abandoning this project unfinished, but development will be very slow.
I should have the next build ready within a week, as i have to color-match the new textures to the lotskirtroads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 4:45 PM
New Build Released...

I have now released a new build for evaluation.

What i've done in this build was replace nearly every texture in the entire mod, except the neighborhood view roads.
i have yet to do those textures, i also need to do a bit more color-matching with the textures before i can start moving
development forward by porting the textures to other terrains, so i can finally get this mod into the Beta stage.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 9:22 PM
New Build Released...

I have released a new build for evaluation.

I have completely replaced all of the textures in this mod to make the colors of the roads almost-perfect.
i just have a little bit more to do before i begin porting the textures to the other terrains.

The reason why the development of this mod is so slow at this point is because there is a lot of trial-and-error with
making the colors of the roads line-up with each-other, and that it looks good in all seasons, it's quite a pain in the butt.

The next build will most-likely come with "Desert Terrain" support, i cannot wait to start porting these textures.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 10:44 PM
Just downloaded; I like what I see so far!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 9:44 AM
New Build Released...

What i have done in this build is finally added Desert Terrain support!

and i also color-matched the asphalt on the legacy floor tile textures, so as of this build they are now nearly perfect,
but i still got to adjust the road lines on those textures, which will be done in future builds.

The next build will come with Dirt Terrain support!

The reason why this build took so long to come along, was because i got very sick through most of march,
halting all development until i felt better, and now that i am feeling better, i got this build out for testing.

New builds will be coming out faster, since i no-longer have to make whole new textures then constantly having
to refine them into perfection, since that's done. and now it's about porting them to the other terrains.

next build should be up within a week or two, and thanks for the continued testing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 10:01 AM
New Build Released, and News on Development.

This new build Now Supports the Dirt Terrain! and will likely be the last alpha build.
after i add support for the Concrete Terrain, this mod's development will cross over to the Beta stage.

This update for the Freshly Paved Asphalt Roads mod has been sitting in this stage of development for
about 5 months now, which is the longest i have ever had anything in alpha development.

soon, when this mod enters the beta stage, it's all about optimizing it for the final release,
keep-on testing, and let me know if you think that there is anything that needs my attention.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:40 AM Last edited by DanTheMann15 : 16th May 2017 at 10:53 PM.
New Beta build up now!

I have optimized the Temperate (Lush) and Desert Terrains.
the filesize is now reduced, one half of the terrains done, 2 more to go!

Once all terrains are optimized, it's then time to verify the quality of the mod
to make sure that it is ready for release.
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DanTheMann15
New Beta build up now!

I have optimized the Temperate (Lush) and Desert Terrains.
the filesize is now reduced, one half of the terrains done, 2 more to go!

Once all terrains are optimized, it's then time to verify the quality of the mod
to make sure that it is ready for release.

Sounds good. Keep going
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 12:28 AM
New Beta build up!

Now all 4 terrains are optimized in regards to filesize, it is now time for us to test this mod in different game environments,

and you can do the same tests that i'm going to do which are listed below,
it can help me see how this mod behaves in different game environments with different play styles.

I'm going to start off testing on the basegame and after passing that, nightlife.

Then i will test with all EP's installed (except seasons) and see how the lighting compares, because seasons seems to change the game lighting,
so i want to be sure that the textures of the road are as close as possible to each-other or balanced between the different lighting of the EP's.

I will also re-examine the textures to make sure there is minimal blemishes from optimizing using the SuperPNG Plugin for Adobe Photoshop.

We are almost there, edging closer to the GM build and final release, let me know how this mod works for you.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 12:44 PM
Sounds good Dan.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 3:24 PM
New Beta build up!

Now all 4 terrains are optimized in regards to filesize, it is now time for us to test this mod in different game environments,

and you can do the same tests that i'm going to do which are listed below,
it can help me see how this mod behaves in different game environments with different play styles.

I'm going to start off testing on the basegame and after passing that, nightlife.

Then i will test with all EP's installed (except seasons) and see how the lighting compares, because seasons seems to change the game lighting,
so i want to be sure that the textures of the road are as close as possible to each-other or balanced between the different lighting of the EP's.

I will also re-examine the textures to make sure there is minimal blemishes from optimizing using the SuperPNG Plugin for Adobe Photoshop.

We are almost there, edging closer to the GM build and final release, let me know how this mod works for you.

What the hell is GM build?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmester
What the hell is GM build?

It's the Golden Master (GM) Build.

A golden master is a finalized version of software that is ready for release.

But i use the term for the finished version of my mod in beta,
right before i upload it in a new thread for moderation and publishing/or updating an existing mod.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 9:06 AM
It's the Golden Master (GM) Build.

A golden master is a finalized version of software that is ready for release.

But i use the term for the finished version of my mod in beta,
right before i upload it in a new thread for moderation and publishing/or updating an existing mod.

thanks. Oh yes that tests which you are talking about. it sounds like it gonna take MONTHS before this FINALY will be ready for relase.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 9:48 AM
Next Beta build up now!

I have evaluated all lotskirtroad textures on all 4 terrains, and i have found some flaws and
have made adjustments to the textures to correct the flaws.

I had to fiddle with the PNG Compression to make it right,
and for some textures, had to modify their fullsize source texture.

The textures look much more consistent and the cul-de-sac is no-longer misaligned vs the rest of the roads.
i still have to work on correcting the Dirt terrain, before i move on to test in lower expansions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 5:36 AM
I have decided to release the older builds for download on this thread.

Now, just remember that these older builds are outdated and are no-longer being used for testing,
but for a few, it might be interesting to see how far this mod has come along in development since February.

I don't have any builds older than 3A280a, because i deleted them upon releasing the newer alpha builds.

I have uploaded the older versions in a .7z archive so you can download them in less than 6 megabytes.

Enjoy!
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:52 AM
Next Beta build up now!

I have evaluated all lotskirtroad textures on all 4 terrains, and i have found some flaws and
have made adjustments to the textures to correct the flaws.

I had to fiddle with the PNG Compression to make it right,
and for some textures, had to modify their fullsize source texture.

The textures look much more consistent and the cul-de-sac is no-longer misaligned vs the rest of the roads.
i still have to work on correcting the Dirt terrain, before i move on to test in lower expansions.

Does that means that, when you have finished Dirt, then it is basical finished, for thoose who has ALL the expantions and stuff packeges i mean?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:39 AM
@simmester
Once i finish making the needed adjustments to the dirt terrain, then yes it's basically finished for those who have all expansions.
but it will still need testing the in lower expansions all the way down to the basegame.

Under these game engines i need to test
Phase 1: All Expansions with EP9 being the latest. - Currently being tested with as this mod is being built.
Phase 2: All Expansions with EP9 Being the latest, (without seasons).
Phase 3: Seasons (EP5).
Phase 4: Nightlife (EP2).
Final Phase: Basegame only.

After all testing is completed and everything checks-out this mod update is complete.
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 10:21 AM Last edited by simmester : 7th Aug 2017 at 8:28 AM.
@simmester
Once i finish making the needed adjustments to the dirt terrain, then yes it's basically finished for those who have all expansions.
but it will still need testing the in lower expansions all the way down to the basegame.

Under these game engines i need to test
Phase 1: All Expansions with EP9 being the latest. - Currently being tested with as this mod is being built.
Phase 2: All Expansions with EP9 Being the latest, (without seasons).
Phase 3: Seasons (EP5).
Phase 4: Nightlife (EP2).
Final Phase: Basegame only.

After all testing is completed and everything checks-out this mod update is complete.

Good, because I have all of them AND I have fresly paved asphalt road 2.4.1, and to be hones, the 3.0 version looks better. I have been waiting a LOT of time, since it was in alpha mode, for the day it was fully released. But a beta where Phase 1 is finish can also work. (Untill the other phaeses has been completed of course),

PS: Sorry for any misspelling, English is NOT my native languese, (its Danish).
Locked thread | Locked by: Karen Lorraine Reason: OP has clearly said that he has retired from creating. We will reopen the thread should the OP want us to :)
Page 1 of 2