Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Savory Pies – With Ingredients

by Leniad Posted 26th Nov 2016 at 1:14 AM - Updated 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:11 AM by Leniad : Added toddler tags

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 7:10 PM
Thanks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 8:27 PM
Keep them coming, I just love the variety. I also really appreciate the vegetarian option. Thank you again for all your hard work.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 7:39 AM Last edited by oleander25 : 27th Nov 2016 at 6:22 PM.
Hello. Just a quick note for all of us who utilize the Dine Out pack.
This maker has designated all their pies as "dessert" or "fruit" by using the fruit pies as their base -- even the savoury options. As such, they cannot be selected under "main course" or "appetizer," in the Dine Out customized menu for your restaurant. Just a heads up.
Still a really awesome bit of CC though! These are great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 12:12 AM
Excellent work! Thank you so much! I just loved all your pies, but I'm can't see their names during the game. That is normal or have something that I could do to fix this problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 6:41 PM
Default Pie tags
Quote: Originally posted by oleander25
Hello. Just a quick note for all of us who utilize the Dine Out pack.
This maker has designated all their pies as "dessert" or "fruit" by using the fruit pies as their base -- even the savoury options. As such, they cannot be selected under "main course" or "appetizer," in the Dine Out customized menu for your restaurant. Just a heads up.
Still a really awesome bit of CC though! These are great!

I updated the pies to be dinners,main dishes or lunch and added names to foreign language tables. Test in Dine out and comment please - I can't test, I don't have Dine-out
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leniad
I updated the pies to be dinners,main dishes or lunch and added names to foreign language tables. Test in Dine out and comment please - I can't test, I don't have Dine-out

Nope. Whatever you did doesn't make it work with Dine Out. I really wish it did, because it'd be perfect for my Pie Place. I think it might have something to do with your cloning it or whatnot from the fruit pies -- using the fruit pie as your base for all of the pies. But, I can't be certain. There are three savory pies in-game that you could use, going ahead, to make your savory pies...fish pie, and the two spinach quiches, for example. But, I'm not sure if they're base game or if they came with expansion packs.

Anyways, thanks for trying. And thank you, so much, for responding and for your creations.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 9:36 AM
Default Pie tags
Quote: Originally posted by oleander25
Nope. Whatever you did doesn't make it work with Dine Out. I really wish it did, because it'd be perfect for my Pie Place. I think it might have something to do with your cloning it or whatnot from the fruit pies -- using the fruit pie as your base for all of the pies. But, I can't be certain. There are three savory pies in-game that you could use, going ahead, to make your savory pies...fish pie, and the two spinach quiches, for example. But, I'm not sure if they're base game or if they came with expansion packs.

Anyways, thanks for trying. And thank you, so much, for responding and for your creations.

I looked at the code for the quiche and don't see anything similar to the fruit pies in tags, so I think this is a no go. You are correct that those are expansion pack items, so I will change the description to note they do not function in Dine Out. Thanks for the input.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:05 PM
I looked at the code for the quiche and don't see anything similar to the fruit pies in tags, so I think this is a no go. You are correct that those are expansion pack items, so I will change the description to note they do not function in Dine Out. Thanks for the input.

Yep. It's cool. I tried messing around with it too (for my own, personal game) and couldn't fix it. So, it's cool. I still really love the pies (and so do my Sims!).
Thanks again.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 8:02 AM
Hi I tested all of your pies with the new update and they do work in my game. I am able to make and eat them. Also, as a heads up to people with multiple stoves, oven and fridges on your lot, your sim may not use the fridge you selected from only the one you put them away in or stove/oven that is the closet to where they are making them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 6:37 PM
Default Update
Quote: Originally posted by ready4luv
Hi I tested all of your pies with the new update and they do work in my game. I am able to make and eat them. Also, as a heads up to people with multiple stoves, oven and fridges on your lot, your sim may not use the fridge you selected from only the one you put them away in or stove/oven that is the closet to where they are making them.

Thank you for doing that. I also tested them and the many other foods planned to be released with next FoodGroup food interaction update. It appears custom object tunings for food are the issue. Fortunately none of mine used a custom tuning.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:06 PM
Thank you for doing that. I also tested them and the many other foods planned to be released with next FoodGroup food interaction update. It appears custom object tunings for food are the issue. Fortunately none of mine used a custom tuning.

You're very welcome and I can't wait to see what's next from you! I love your pies! Hope to see some mini versions as well.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 11:37 PM

Hi it was bought to my attention that some may experience a glitch when toddlers eat your pies on the floor or couch. I haven't had this but a pic was posted of it on the Custom Food Mod page. I just wanted to give you a heads up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 2:22 AM
Default Toddlers and Pies - Bad combination
Quote: Originally posted by ready4luv
Hi it was bought to my attention that some may experience a glitch when toddlers eat your pies on the floor or couch. I haven't had this but a pic was posted of it on the Custom Food Mod page. I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Doesn't everyone know that giving pies or sugar to toddlers always end with someone saying go to your room? LOL

Thanks for the heads up.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 2:50 PM
thank you for the update!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 12:08 AM
I simply ADORE this. So nice to get veg options. Thanks so much and they look so yummy and pretty.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 10:38 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:11 AM
Updated file for Dine Out added