Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:28 PM
In all my 8 years of Simming I played about 6 holidays. 5 of them were Christmas days, which were mostly represented by a christmas tree which was set on fire because I let the lights on for too long (I bought it for that purpose). So, no, just like in real life I'm not a holiday person.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 5:00 PM
Last Christmas, I got into the holiday quite a bit and spiced my Sim's home with every Christmas decoration available. I also changed the weather to winter and allowed it to snow endlessly to really make it a white Christmas since I don't experience that at all irl. Funky the Snowman had some upbeat music that still plays in my head sometimes, and I learned I can't put a rug underneath a Christmas tree and not expect it to catch on fire while the lights are on. I will do this again soon but not until it's officially December, although I shall force winter to arrive a little early.

Then this previous Halloween I put up those huge decorations outside my Sim's house.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 5:18 PM
I use the summer vacation / winter's day mod, so I figure 'winter's day' is a good time to do a "Christmas-esq" holdiay, and then maybe a random day in the autumn season to do a 'halloween-esq' day. I don't really want to bother with the rest because it's a) too much to keep up with properly b) not all my sims have the same 'religious' beliefs and 'lifestyle'.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 9:28 PM
Right now in my hood, they are decorating for Christmas. Who gets to celebrate it, depends on who I happen to be playing on Christmas day. Same goes for any Holiday. If I'm playing a house on Valentine's Day, they are the ones who get flowers, candy and an evening out.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 10:09 PM
And because I'm Australian Christmas happens at the height of summer in my game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 11:26 PM
It might as well be in summer here, too. I live in Florida where it rarely snows.
Inventor
#32 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 4:46 AM
Again I hardly ever see snow or any ice event in southeast Texas so it's glorious to see snow in games (not just in Sims 2). We did have one icy road condition last year where I was forced to stay home from campus that evening, and the last time it snowed for only one day was in 2011. That was also the same time we got a week of below freezing temperatures for a week followed by a serious, lingering drought throughout the remainder of the year and a very unforgiving summer.

Anyway, straying away from my main point here. XD

That day we got snowed on, the ground was much too warm for the snow to stick to the streets; only the plants, the grass, and whatever stationary cars parked outdoors were covered. I shot a few photos of all this which was nonetheless quite a view to see and I built a pygmy snowman on the trunk of my car. Throughout my life living in Houston, I've only witnessed snow and other icy conditions a few times on completely separate occasions.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:06 AM
I'm in Canada. One year, we got hit with so much snow that I got stuck waist-deep in the stuff. In the middle of the street. School was out for something like a week.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:40 AM
I think we are slightly hotter.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#35 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 2:12 AM Last edited by Simonut : 3rd Dec 2016 at 2:46 AM.
I usually do Christmas & New years In my Sims Neighborhood not with all households, just the ones I will play or children who have not yet seen Santa.
I will also do deco on the community lots and businesses that the Sims visit more regular. I use to do the whole hood, but then I get lazy to go back to remove all the Christmas objects after the holidays.

New year I like to throw a party with my Sims, I do miss the snow as a child growing up on the east coast.
But since living here in California there is never any snow, unless I go up in the mountain, lots of skiers and snowboarders go there.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#36 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 4:17 PM
I try to have Christmas each year. I give every family $1,000 to spend on something special. Some buy toys, some remodel a room, some use it to pay bills! Every family at least decorates a little bit. If I think about the other holidays I add them in, but I rarely think about them.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 3:34 AM
It depends on what family I'm playing. For example the main Landgraab family has a large home so they'll usually host and invite the entire family over. So they celebrate and I don't have to do it again with the families I invited over.

But its really just when I feel like it and mostly only Thanksgiving and Christmas. Since my seasons are short, sometimes they just get too busy, no biggie though.

Almost all of my families do decorate for Christmas though. And I make them pass down the decorations from generation to generation
Page 2 of 2